A Pill that Erases Memory

C

chloe

THE MEMORY PILL
Most of us would pay top dollar for a pill that improved our memory. But what about one that did the exact opposite? One that promised to erase all our bad memories. A kind of happiness pill we could take after a painful experience that would make everything seem right again. Well, it's here. Scientists are now testing this revolutionary drug on humans - ordinary people with terrible fears, the victims of accidents, abuse and other traumatic events. And, as Lesley Stahl reports, the results have been extraordinary, so extraordinary that it already has the critics on the warpath.
Reporter: Lesley Stahl, CBS 60 Minutes
Producer: Shari Finkelstein

THE MEMORY PILL
Most of us would pay top dollar for a pill that improved our memory. But what about one that did the exact opposite? One that promised to erase all our bad memories. A kind of happiness pill we could take after a painful experience that would make everything seem right again. Well, it's here. Scientists are now testing this revolutionary drug on humans - ordinary people with terrible fears, the victims of accidents, abuse and other traumatic events. And, as Lesley Stahl reports, the results have been extraordinary, so extraordinary that it already has the critics on the warpath.
Reporter: Lesley Stahl, CBS 60 Minutes
Producer: Shari Finkelstein
There is alway drinking! Jk
I think I would have loved to take this a few years ago when my ex and I broke up, very hard break up and all you do is think about it over and over. Reminds me Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless mind( I think that was the name of the movie)

Last edited:
Its a hard one.

I dont know how it could target just bad memories.

If you stop taking them do they come back?

I think that "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" is a perfect illustration of why this is a BAD idea. You might think that you want to get rid of your memories...but who are we without them?

I think that we would be far better off investing time and effort into new methods of helping victims of post-traumatic stress, etc. Rather than trying to erase "only certain parts" of their brains.

Gem is exactly right. How could we deal with adversity if we couldn't remember how we handled it? Perhaps in the most extreme of cases this may, just may, be warranted but right now I can't think of any.

So sorry for your loss GiGi.

That must have been and still be excruciating.

So sorry for your loss GiGi.

That must have been and still be excruciating.

it never goes away, you live with a big hand in front of you pushing the memories away so you can go on with life and be there for your other kids. But erase memories? I can't even imagine that. Lets just become robots why don't we. What is this world coming to?

I tell you, you do grow very cynical when you see it happen over and over and over to other kids. I make it my business to spread the word where I can. Try to deter other parents from giving in to Big Pharma.

Thank you Truthmatters*

Big Pharma is a moster and they are one of the big gainers over the last decade.

They need to be come down hard on.

You are a brave lady GiGi, keep up the good work.

I lost my daughter to Zoloft. Lots of parent's did. They push these drugs like candy to our kids and I don't know why.

So perhaps they are now trying to create a pill to make us mothers forget how they killed our kids with their little blue pills.

Be careful what you swallow....

Prescription: Suicide? - Downing family

Faces of Suicide

I'm sorry for your loss.

I am very skeptical of the push by "health professionals" and drug companies to feed every living kid these brain drugs. Scratch that -- I think it's bullshit. I am sure there are some very serious cases that might warrant treatment like this, but EVERY KID IN AMERICA? No, sorry.

She was the beauty on the left. 15 years old forever.

Don't let your children take SSRI medication. When she died I got a call from a lawyer who wanted me to join a class action lawsuit for zoloft. He told me that every mass murder in the 10 years prior to her death...involved SSRI medication except for 9/11. EVERY MASS MURDER....and that doesn't include the amount of suicides....yet they keep on pushing them....

KatiJulianneTheresa.jpg

There is alway drinking! Jk
I think I would have loved to take this a few years ago when my ex and I broke up, very hard break up and all you do is think about it over and over. Reminds me Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless mind( I think that was the name of the movie)

Yeah it was hard for me getting divorced the 2nd time, I still havent dated or had a boyfriend because the memory of how much pain I felt when the 2nd marriage ended made me realize I should never have a relationship again. I guess I wouldn't want my memory erased.

I lost my daughter to Zoloft. Lots of parent's did. They push these drugs like candy to our kids and I don't know why.

So perhaps they are now trying to create a pill to make us mothers forget how they killed our kids with their little blue pills.

Be careful what you swallow....

Prescription: Suicide? - Downing family

Faces of Suicide

I'm so sorry for the loss of your daughter. I can't even imagine how it felt. I agree with you about the pharmacy being drug pushers on kids. Its really scary. You must be an extraordinary woman to have overcome that kind of pain and my heart goes out to you and your family.

Don't let your children take SSRI medication. When she died I got a call from a lawyer who wanted me to join a class action lawsuit for zoloft. He told me that every mass murder in the 10 years prior to her death...involved SSRI medication except for 9/11. EVERY MASS MURDER....and that doesn't include the amount of suicides....yet they keep on pushing them....

KatiJulianneTheresa.jpg

Gigi, as the mother of a 13 year old daughter I can't even imagine the pain you went through, and still go through every day of your life.

My deepest sympathies to you and your family.

KatiJulianneTheresa.jpg

Oh my god that's so tragic.

You and your family and her friends have my absolute profoundest sympathies, Gigi.

They had my son on those meds, too.

He was falling apart while taking them. He took himself off them.

He smokes hemp now for an occassional axiety attack.

He's Going to college and is on the dean's list, has a part time job, pays me rent. He's got a sweet girlfriend who he's been with for over five years, now.

He's a truly good kid, well liked by his peers and he's basically happy now.

Go figure, huh?

Maine being a medical hemp state,(the people of Maine passed that law by one the widest margins ever seen in a referendum) I was growing his medication and mine rather than paying narco-criminals $260 an ounze for it.

The cops busted me for cultivation

Maybe with luck and about $10k in lawyers fees and fines, I won't be going to jail next month.

If I do go to jail, my son is homeless, I lose my house and of course, I am a felon,

This nation has gone clinically insane, in my never humble opinion.

Last edited:
Oh my god that's so tragic.

You and your family and her friends have my absolute profoundest sympathies, Gigi.

They had my son on those meds, too.

He was falling apart while taking them. He took himself off them.

He smokes hemp now for an occassional axiety attack.

He's Going to college and is on the dean's list, has a part time job, pays me rent. He's got a sweet girlfriend who he's been with for over five years, now.

He's a truly good kid, well liked by his peers and he's basically happy now.

Go figure, huh?

Maine being a medical hemp state,(the people of Maine passed that law by one the widest margins ever seen in a referendum) I was growing his medication and mine rather than paying narco-criminals $260 an ounze for it.

The cops busted me for cultivation

Maybe with luck and about $10k in lawyers fees and fines, I won't be going to jail next month.

If I do go to jail, my son is homeless, I lose my house and of course, I am a felon,

This nation has gone clinically insane, in my never humble opinion.

wow, what an unbelievable story. The Federal Government gets away with co-pushing drugs that kill our kids but a parent goes to jail to save his child from taking them and turning to alternative-natural medicine.

That's a story that needs to be told!

Don't let them put you away for that. Fight. And if you need people to stand by you there are millions of parents out there that will.

Start with this woman. What a crusader she is. Her daughter died no less than two years ago and she has not stopped even to mourn....but she has certainly helped others. COPES Foundation Home

ha ha....I wonder how many the current candidates have taken...

Forum List

Back