A phrase to watch for as we move forward to 11/16...

Let us know how Harry Reid became a multi millionaire on the Senators salary. Or how about how Congress is exempt from Insider Trading Laws that prevent you and me from acting on insider knowledge but which Congress people can use to their advantage by passing laws that enrich themselves at the expense of their constituents.

You're just flat wrong and too stupid, or too partisan to figure it out.

That you can name corrupt or allegedly corrupt members is great. Please continue.

It's also telling that the great majority of public servants will be not mentioned. Yours is a disease of laziness. You can't or won't educate yourself so you look for the easiest path that presents itself. And that is to paint all with the same brush.

Pick a member of Congress. They are corrupt. It's as simple as that. So long as they are exempt from laws that the rest of US have to follow, they are corrupt as a whole body.

Again, you make broad statements with no proof at all. You do so because it's the easiest path and takes the least amount of inquiry. In my community, it's against the law to water your grass before 6PM due to water rationing. Is everyone else in the world not under that law corrupt? Many don't even have grass and live in apartments.

It's NOT A BROAD statement you fool. It is a fact that Congress is exempt from laws that would send you or I to prison. THAT MAKES THEM CORRUPT! Pull your head out of your ass and think!

And you have proof that all 538 members are doing it or do you just have some more cherry-picked videos to show?

The fact they can legally do it certainly means they ARE doing it. Just look at how the net worth of these people go's up year by year. There's no way they can do that without either accepting bribes or taking advantage of their ability to violate laws that prevent us from using insider information.

Period.

That you can name corrupt or allegedly corrupt members is great. Please continue.

It's also telling that the great majority of public servants will be not mentioned. Yours is a disease of laziness. You can't or won't educate yourself so you look for the easiest path that presents itself. And that is to paint all with the same brush.

Pick a member of Congress. They are corrupt. It's as simple as that. So long as they are exempt from laws that the rest of US have to follow, they are corrupt as a whole body.

Again, you make broad statements with no proof at all. You do so because it's the easiest path and takes the least amount of inquiry. In my community, it's against the law to water your grass before 6PM due to water rationing. Is everyone else in the world not under that law corrupt? Many don't even have grass and live in apartments.

It's NOT A BROAD statement you fool. It is a fact that Congress is exempt from laws that would send you or I to prison. THAT MAKES THEM CORRUPT! Pull your head out of your ass and think!

And you have proof that all 538 members are doing it or do you just have some more cherry-picked videos to show?

The fact they can legally do it certainly means they ARE doing it. Just look at how the net worth of these people go's up year by year. There's no way they can do that without either accepting bribes or taking advantage of their ability to violate laws that prevent us from using insider information.

Period.

Well, given that in your view, any one who is elected is immediately corrupt, you can do nothing about it. I recommend you cease caring about politics.

Period.

Well, given that in your view, any one who is elected is immediately corrupt, you can do nothing about it. I recommend you cease caring about politics.

Not at all. We need to make sure that laws are passed that remove Congresses exempt status from any law they pass. How about that? You're the one who has thrown your hands up and quit thinking.

Period.

Not at all. We need to make sure that laws are passed that remove Congresses exempt status from any law they pass. How about that? You're the one who has thrown your hands up and quit thinking.

I'm all for that. But that isn't what you said. You said the people were corrupt. Changing a law will do nothing if the persons are corrupt and they are, according to you. It's a circular downward spiral.

Well candy I agree with you that we have a bunch of dummy republicans who make,Obama LOOK smart.
He's simply better at the politics than you are. It's a huge advantage to be President to be sure but he has turned kicking GOP ass into a habit. I predicted back in December that his approval ratings would be up near 50% by now and they are. Why? Because he holds the ultimate hammer and the GOP is afraid of him since he can veto their bills and send the GOP packing. So you've seen a neutered GOP that is afraid to pass anything--hence where is the great push to repeal the ACA that you guys promised?
But once he lost the house what legislation can you point to that Obama has passed. Yes he kept,the status quo on the budget and debt ceilings but Obama is using executive orders because he can't outsmart the congress or better he can't work with congress. Obamas so called genius is just a mirage created by the media and himself and the race deal,where any criticism of Obama is not legit because it is all racial.
Oh boy, more excuses...whaaaaaaaaaa media....whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa racism.

Give me an hour debate with this serial liar and I will eat his lunch.
Sure, whatever. You're unable to debate people here skippy.

Remember, aside from a better ground game the biggest reason he won in 2012 is because he perpetually lied about obamacare and as mr billy said, republicans are just too polite.
The last thing the GOP would ever be accused of is being polite...much less "too" polite.

And for all those whining about money, the Dems raised more money in 2012 than the republicans. And the biggest fat cat donor was a democrat, who contributed more money by far than any republican people. Another false straw man.

Link?

Gallup Daily Obama Job Approval
His disapproval continues to be more than his approval.

Amidst major White House scandals PolitiFact claims Republicans lie more than Democrats - Red Alert Politics
Politic acts claim that repubs lie more than dems is a sham. Standards of choosing examples and bias have been proven in their research

The problem with debating with you candy is as soon as you are rebutted with accuracy you slither off to another thread to attack someone not with facts but with slander. And quite honestly this is the second,or third tome I have posted these links. Links, facts, consensus doesn't mean a thing to you or your kind. If it goes against your partisanship you just ignore it. If someone else makes a good point you try to create a swamp of disinformation and deflection. A closed mind is a really good thing to waste. Have you tried counseling. I hear that is the liberal way.

2014 Top Donors to Outside Spending Groups OpenSecrets
The top dem dwarfs the spending of the next dozen.

Home / News & Analysis / OpenSecrets Blog
The 2012 Election: Our Price Tag (Finally) for the Whole Ball of Wax
crp_eye.png
by Russ Choma on March 13, 2013
  • In late October, we estimated that the election would cost about $6 billion. Even that figure was a revision of a $5.8 billion calculus made earlier in the year. Skyrocketing outside spending continually exceeded estimates, causing us to revise up.

The cost of the presidential election alone remains at roughly the figure we calculated in late October, about $2.6 billion. Spending on congressional races by candidates and other committees and groups topped $3.6 billion in 2012.
    On the presidential level, President Barack Obama’s re-election campaign outspent the campaigns of all his Republican rivals put together. Obama’s campaign spent about $737.9 million, compared to the combined Republican total of $624.8 million. Spending by other committees in the presidential race, however, heavily favored Republicans and helped make up the deficit.
    The Republican National Committee, for instance, laid out $333.9 million for the presidential contest, far more than the Democratic National Committee‘s $197.8 million. Outside spending by super PACs and politically active nonprofits on the presidential race also came out heavily in favor of Republicans. Conservative outside groups spent $454.5 million to get a Republican elected president, while liberal outside groups spent a relatively paltry $124.5 million.

(click to expand)

Spending by all House and Senate candidates topped $1.7 billion, with House candidates alone responsible for almost exactly $1 billion of the total. House Republican candidates held the edge in spending, accounting for about $532 million, while Democrats accounted for $447 million. In the Senate, Democratic candidates were also outspent — $331.4 million to $408.5 million by the GOP Senate candidates.
    Outside spending on congressional races also heavily favored Republicans over Democrats. Conservative outside spending groups spent $103.5 million on House races, compared to $81.6 million by liberal groups. Similarly, conservative outside groups spent $171.3 million on Senate races, while liberal outside groups spent $98.5 million.

One calculation by which Democrats led Republicans was in non-presidential party spending. Both parties together spent a total of $1 billion this election, of which $583 million was spent by the Democratic party committees and Republican party committees spent $444.7 million.

An important note: We have modified the methodology by which we calculate total cost, and thus a precise comparison between the costs of the 2012 election and the 2008 election is not possible. Previously, we calculated party spending by relying on press releases provided by the FEC. Now, we are able to use more detailed and newly provided summary data to calculate these totals. Furthermore, we used to be unable to include a calculation for spending by PACs on overhead expenses such as salary and office rent, but the new data allows us to include these totals. We have recalculated the final cost of the 2010 election, but can’t do so for earlier cycles because the more detailed data is not available from the Federal Election Commission.
    A full breakout of our analysis is below:

Category PresMoney TotalSpent DemsSpent RepubsSpent ThirdParty DemPct RepubPct
    Candidates - President Y $1,368,206,594 $737,922,197 $624,852,550 $5,431,847 54% 46%
    Candidates - Delegates N $4,044,581 $3,806,319 $215,250 $23,013 94% 5%
    Candidates - House N $1,001,260,854 $447,440,734 $543,649,745 $10,241,744 45% 54%
    Candidates - Senate N $754,671,405 $331,404,730 $408,595,881 $14,669,794 44% 54%
    Party Cmtes - DNC & RNC Y $531,728,184 $197,806,594 $333,921,590 $0 37% 63%
    Party Cmtes - Other N $1,033,609,580 $583,659,905 $444,786,914 $5,162,761 56% 43%
    527 federal Cmtes N $124,590,211 $73,447,013 $40,347,867 $8,607,532 59% 32%
    Outside Money House N $205,309,245 $81,645,668 $103,564,965 $20,098,612 40% 50%
    Outside Money Senate N $275,311,581 $98,536,705 $171,366,087 $5,408,789 36% 62%
    Outside Money Pres Y $579,701,415 $124,556,324 $454,475,843 $669,248 21% 78%
    PAC Overhead N $256,242,529 $0 $0 $0 0% 0%
    FEC funding of conventions Y $35,379,600 $17,689,800 $17,689,800 $0 50% 50%
    Host Committee Fund Raising Y $106,400,000 $54,000,000 $52,400,000 $0 51% 49%
    Grand Total $6,276,455,779 $2,751,915,990 $3,195,866,492 $70,313,340 44% 51%
    Grand Total Pres Only $2,621,415,793 $1,131,974,915 $1,483,339,783 $6,101,095 43% 57%
    Congress (by default)
    $3,655,039,986 $1,619,941,075 $1,712,526,709 $64,212,245 44% 47%
    Category PresMoney TotalSpent DemsSpent RepubsSpent ThirdParty DemPct

Well candy I agree with you that we have a bunch of dummy republicans who make,Obama LOOK smart.
He's simply better at the politics than you are. It's a huge advantage to be President to be sure but he has turned kicking GOP ass into a habit. I predicted back in December that his approval ratings would be up near 50% by now and they are. Why? Because he holds the ultimate hammer and the GOP is afraid of him since he can veto their bills and send the GOP packing. So you've seen a neutered GOP that is afraid to pass anything--hence where is the great push to repeal the ACA that you guys promised?
But once he lost the house what legislation can you point to that Obama has passed. Yes he kept,the status quo on the budget and debt ceilings but Obama is using executive orders because he can't outsmart the congress or better he can't work with congress. Obamas so called genius is just a mirage created by the media and himself and the race deal,where any criticism of Obama is not legit because it is all racial.
Oh boy, more excuses...whaaaaaaaaaa media....whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa racism.

Give me an hour debate with this serial liar and I will eat his lunch.
Sure, whatever. You're unable to debate people here skippy.

Remember, aside from a better ground game the biggest reason he won in 2012 is because he perpetually lied about obamacare and as mr billy said, republicans are just too polite.
The last thing the GOP would ever be accused of is being polite...much less "too" polite.

And for all those whining about money, the Dems raised more money in 2012 than the republicans. And the biggest fat cat donor was a democrat, who contributed more money by far than any republican people. Another false straw man.

Link?

Gallup Daily Obama Job Approval
His disapproval continues to be more than his approval.
Yes, I said "up near 50%" which it is.

Amidst major White House scandals PolitiFact claims Republicans lie more than Democrats - Red Alert Politics
Politic acts claim that repubs lie more than dems is a sham. Standards of choosing examples and bias have been proven in their research
Wasn't Politifact the website/publication that awarded Obama the "lie of the year".

The problem with debating with you candy is as soon as you are rebutted with accuracy you slither off to another thread to attack someone not with facts but with slander.
Nonsense.

Boenher tried to shutdown the government. Obama let him. Result; Obama win.

Obama and Reid got an immigration bill through the Senate with GOP approval. Sent it to the House. The House did nothing. Result; the GOP is the Party of NO going into 2012.

Obama got the ACA passed. When tested by the US Supreme Court, it was upheld. And it's gaining in popularity.

McConnell, seeing this juggernaut coming his way decided to get off the tracks instead of getting run over and will not test the President on budgets or the debt ceiling.

Obama got his pick for Secretary of State, served up a big warm shitburger to the GOP and named Rice as his NS adviser, got his pick for AG, etc...

All of the above are facts and they are not in dispute. I really don't know why you're saying I deal in anything other than them.

The problem you have with me is the same problem the GOP has with Obama...we don't shrink from a challenge.

And quite honestly this is the second,or third tome I have posted these links. Links, facts, consensus doesn't mean a thing to you or your kind. If it goes against your partisanship you just ignore it. If someone else makes a good point you try to create a swamp of disinformation and deflection.
I'm not sure what you're trying to prove/disprove with the links below. I say that professional politicians are to be expected since the science is so cumbersome and, in fact, I would rather have a professional politician than a neophyte.

State your theorem. Feel free.
A closed mind is a really good thing to waste.
You should know.

2014 Top Donors to Outside Spending Groups OpenSecrets
The top dem dwarfs the spending of the next dozen.

Home / News & Analysis / OpenSecrets Blog
The 2012 Election: Our Price Tag (Finally) for the Whole Ball of Wax
crp_eye.png
by Russ Choma on March 13, 2013
  • In late October, we estimated that the election would cost about $6 billion. Even that figure was a revision of a $5.8 billion calculus made earlier in the year. Skyrocketing outside spending continually exceeded estimates, causing us to revise up.

The cost of the presidential election alone remains at roughly the figure we calculated in late October, about $2.6 billion. Spending on congressional races by candidates and other committees and groups topped $3.6 billion in 2012.
    On the presidential level, President Barack Obama’s re-election campaign outspent the campaigns of all his Republican rivals put together. Obama’s campaign spent about $737.9 million, compared to the combined Republican total of $624.8 million. Spending by other committees in the presidential race, however, heavily favored Republicans and helped make up the deficit.
    The Republican National Committee, for instance, laid out $333.9 million for the presidential contest, far more than the Democratic National Committee‘s $197.8 million. Outside spending by super PACs and politically active nonprofits on the presidential race also came out heavily in favor of Republicans. Conservative outside groups spent $454.5 million to get a Republican elected president, while liberal outside groups spent a relatively paltry $124.5 million.

(click to expand)

Spending by all House and Senate candidates topped $1.7 billion, with House candidates alone responsible for almost exactly $1 billion of the total. House Republican candidates held the edge in spending, accounting for about $532 million, while Democrats accounted for $447 million. In the Senate, Democratic candidates were also outspent — $331.4 million to $408.5 million by the GOP Senate candidates.
    Outside spending on congressional races also heavily favored Republicans over Democrats. Conservative outside spending groups spent $103.5 million on House races, compared to $81.6 million by liberal groups. Similarly, conservative outside groups spent $171.3 million on Senate races, while liberal outside groups spent $98.5 million.

One calculation by which Democrats led Republicans was in non-presidential party spending. Both parties together spent a total of $1 billion this election, of which $583 million was spent by the Democratic party committees and Republican party committees spent $444.7 million.

An important note: We have modified the methodology by which we calculate total cost, and thus a precise comparison between the costs of the 2012 election and the 2008 election is not possible. Previously, we calculated party spending by relying on press releases provided by the FEC. Now, we are able to use more detailed and newly provided summary data to calculate these totals. Furthermore, we used to be unable to include a calculation for spending by PACs on overhead expenses such as salary and office rent, but the new data allows us to include these totals. We have recalculated the final cost of the 2010 election, but can’t do so for earlier cycles because the more detailed data is not available from the Federal Election Commission.
    A full breakout of our analysis is below:

Category PresMoney TotalSpent DemsSpent RepubsSpent ThirdParty DemPct RepubPct
    Candidates - President Y $1,368,206,594 $737,922,197 $624,852,550 $5,431,847 54% 46%
    Candidates - Delegates N $4,044,581 $3,806,319 $215,250 $23,013 94% 5%
    Candidates - House N $1,001,260,854 $447,440,734 $543,649,745 $10,241,744 45% 54%
    Candidates - Senate N $754,671,405 $331,404,730 $408,595,881 $14,669,794 44% 54%
    Party Cmtes - DNC & RNC Y $531,728,184 $197,806,594 $333,921,590 $0 37% 63%
    Party Cmtes - Other N $1,033,609,580 $583,659,905 $444,786,914 $5,162,761 56% 43%
    527 federal Cmtes N $124,590,211 $73,447,013 $40,347,867 $8,607,532 59% 32%
    Outside Money House N $205,309,245 $81,645,668 $103,564,965 $20,098,612 40% 50%
    Outside Money Senate N $275,311,581 $98,536,705 $171,366,087 $5,408,789 36% 62%
    Outside Money Pres Y $579,701,415 $124,556,324 $454,475,843 $669,248 21% 78%
    PAC Overhead N $256,242,529 $0 $0 $0 0% 0%
    FEC funding of conventions Y $35,379,600 $17,689,800 $17,689,800 $0 50% 50%
    Host Committee Fund Raising Y $106,400,000 $54,000,000 $52,400,000 $0 51% 49%
    Grand Total $6,276,455,779 $2,751,915,990 $3,195,866,492 $70,313,340 44% 51%
    Grand Total Pres Only $2,621,415,793 $1,131,974,915 $1,483,339,783 $6,101,095 43% 57%
    Congress (by default)
    $3,655,039,986 $1,619,941,075 $1,712,526,709 $64,212,245 44% 47%
    Category PresMoney TotalSpent DemsSpent RepubsSpent ThirdParty DemPct
Okay...and?

The party of no won a landslide in 2012

So I don't know how,the Aca got into this, your usual deflection and meaningless postings. The only major piece of legislation passed without bipartisan support. A Supreme Court more worried about their image than the law( I have been so disappointed by Roberts) which decided to claim the aca was a tax when Obama explicitly stated it was not a tax, just another of his lies. Yes the aca is about even in public for and against but this is instructive. More people have been hurt than helped.

The Affordable Care Act has long been a divisive topic among Americans, with public opinion broadly split since 2010, Kaiser polls show. When the law was first signed, public opinion tended to fluctuate more, but after November 2012, the law grew steadily more unpopular, until now. Perceptions of the law tend to fall along political party lines, with 70 percent of Democrats having a favorable view of the law and 75 percent of Republicans having an unfavorable view of it, according to the April survey.

These divisions came despite the fact that 56 percent of respondents said the law had no direct impact — neither positive nor negative — on themselves or their families, while 19 percent said it had helped and 22 percent said it had hurt themselves or their families.
McConnell, your opinion, nothing else

Rogers on being served up a big shitbirger with Kerry. You know first people like you call repubs obstructionists. Then when they follow precedent and approve most of the presidents cabinet members you consider it a big cave. Typical liberal spin.

That's all Obama does is shrink from a challenge. Isis, debt, the economy, tax reform, China, Iraq, race, et cetera. You do the same. Spin on.

The party of no won a landslide in 2012
They did?

Uh, no.

So I don't know how,the Aca got into this, your usual deflection and meaningless postings. The only major piece of legislation passed without bipartisan support. A Supreme Court more worried about their image than the law( I have been so disappointed by Roberts) which decided to claim the aca was a tax when Obama explicitly stated it was not a tax, just another of his lies. Yes the aca is about even in public for and against but this is instructive. More people have been hurt than helped.
I bring it up as one of the many examples on which Obama has calculated correctly and the GOP was groping miserably in the dark on first, how to react. The reactions oscillated from first throwing a tantrum then ultimately getting slapped down to the current acceptance by most of the candidates for President.

The Affordable Care Act has long been a divisive topic among Americans, with public opinion broadly split since 2010, Kaiser polls show. When the law was first signed, public opinion tended to fluctuate more, but after November 2012, the law grew steadily more unpopular, until now. Perceptions of the law tend to fall along political party lines, with 70 percent of Democrats having a favorable view of the law and 75 percent of Republicans having an unfavorable view of it, according to the April survey.

These divisions came despite the fact that 56 percent of respondents said the law had no direct impact — neither positive nor negative — on themselves or their families, while 19 percent said it had helped and 22 percent said it had hurt themselves or their families.
Well, the right wing media is much more vocal spinning lies and half-truths (all they are good for) than Obama has been about touting the numerous successes. That much is true. For most, there was no impact, for better or worse.

McConnell, your opinion, nothing else
Sure, slick; whatever you say. Mitch agrees with me.

Rogers on being served up a big shitbirger with Kerry. You know first people like you call repubs obstructionists. Then when they follow precedent and approve most of the presidents cabinet members you consider it a big cave. Typical liberal spin.
No, the shitburger was with Susan Rice. As you guys frothed at the mouth over an uppity black woman ascending to a higher office, Obama shoved your nose in it and taught you a lesson. He did it again with Lynch. Did you enjoy that?

Obama wasn't the most experienced politician but he is a proessional politician. The way he's routinely outsmarted the GOP should be enough evidence of that.

He hasn't so much outsmarted the Republicans as much as built a messianic aura around himself with the help of his pocketed media friends, an aura that was bought into by the Democrats' created proletariat voting bloc who are in bulk not nearly educated enough to see through it, and love getting free stuff at someone else's expense.

Rob Peter to pay Paul, and you will always get Paul's vote.

This is the goofy shit cons have to believe, but they just can't see the truth, that the country is moving to the left. Just because cons scream louder won't make this country remain conservative. The old conservatives are dying off, and the younger generation replacing them are just not that conservative, and they definitely are not that conservative on stupid social issues.

This is the goofy shit cons have to believe

The adage is true in all cases.

but they just can't see the truth, that the country is moving to the left. Just because cons scream louder won't make this country remain conservative.

The only ones screaming are from the hysterical Democrats and their Leftist cohorts. They haven't stopped screaming since 2000, when Al Gore's loss put the whammy on their collective head.

This is the goofy shit cons have to believe

The adage is true in all cases.

but they just can't see the truth, that the country is moving to the left. Just because cons scream louder won't make this country remain conservative.

The only ones screaming are from the hysterical Democrats and their Leftist cohorts. They haven't stopped screaming since 2000, when Al Gore's loss put the whammy on their collective head.

I think most have moved on by this point...

Forum List

Back