A Perfect Explanation of US Energy

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
12105796_967969366598309_6336289846626280489_n.jpg

What's your point? You want to nationalize oil companies so that they (private multinational corporations) can no longer deal in the international market as they do now?

Good luck wit dat.

My point is that North America could be energy self-sufficient if Obozo and his cronies would permit it.

My point is that North America could be energy self-sufficient if Obozo and his cronies would permit it.

OK so you DO mean you want O'bama to nationalize the oil companies. Would that be all of them, or the ones that are based here? Because the latter would sacrifice the resources of, say, Shell (Dutch) and BP (British).

What the unwashed seem to continually not get is that "we" do not drill for oil --- oil companies drill for oil, and those are multinational corporations whose allegiances are to their own stockholders, not the flag of any country including the one they're based in. And to that end those companies are going to operate in the way that serves its profit margin -- not a national government or population. And if the profit is found in pumping sludge from Alberta to Houston so it can be shipped to India --- then that's what happens.

Of course, nationalizing the oil companies will fix that right up, yup. And I'm sure it won't have any international implications on other trade, nope. But that's the only way "Obozo" can "permit" such to happen --- by restricting international trade as the world works today.

Again --- rotsa ruck on that.

I have absolutely NO desire to "nationalize" anything. That is not the way this nation was founded.

What I DO want is for our traitor-in-chief to stop doing everything possible to keep oil companies from exploiting what will make this country energy-independent.

I have absolutely NO desire to "nationalize" anything. That is not the way this nation was founded.

What I DO want is for our traitor-in-chief to stop doing everything possible to keep oil companies from exploiting what will make this country energy-independent.

Then you didn't read what I posted at all.

You CAN'T make this country "energy-independent" using the current paradigms -- the ones you mention in your OP. Because they DO NOT work that way.

You CAN however make it energy-independent using newer paradigms, usually called "green" ones -- that would not and cannot be shipped overseas. Solar... wind... geothermal... hydro and the like.

Oil companies, though are multinational corporations. They don't work for "us"; they work for their stockholders. And what's in the stockholders' interest is not necessarily what's in this country's interest -- even if that oil company is based here. You can't contain that product within our borders --- unless you nationalize them and close off international oil trade. Which means a heavy hand of government restricting business.

Again it comes down to this: "WE" don't drill for oil. "We" don't refine it. Oil companies do that. And that's a dependency.

You know, you are completely full of shit on that. Oil and natural gas production has soared during President Obama's terms in office. And the areas that really need to be prevented from producing, like the tar sands, and areas where fracking affects aquifers, should be protected. We can do with less oil, but we cannot do without clean water and air.

IMO we should be hoarding our energy resources not selling them off

We need to think long term here and not be motivated by mere profit

Sooner or later we will need our resources and when we do we will wonder why the fuck we sold them all off

Forum List

Back