A Peggy Lee Weekend Tribute: It's A Wonderful World

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
For Luddly Neddite

and in memory of Patty, the Torch Singer who passed away a year ago. I met her when I first moved into the Art Deco building I live in now. She was losing her voice then, but would surprise me with short sweet serenades. She was 'lovely'

It's a wonderful world
Things are swingin'
Alright, okay, you win
Ridin' high
It's been a long, long time
Lullaby in rhythm
Alone together
I'm beginning to see the light
It's a good, good night
You're getting to be a habit with me
You're mine, you
Life is for livin'

Peggy Lee - "Things Are Swingin'" Capitol L.P. T-1049 (1958)

Peggy Lee - Rendezvous with Peggy Lee [Album]
00:00 - Why Don't You Do Right (Get Me Some Money Too)
02:21 - Them There Eyes
05:11 - 'Deed I Do
08:03 - I Don't Know Enough About You
10:59 - It's A Good Day
13:41 - Golden Earrings
16:30 - I Can't Give You Anything But Love
18:59 - Stormy Weather (Keeps Rainin' All The Time)
22:02 - Don't Smoke In Bed
25:04 - While We're Young
28:11 - Mañana
30:56 - Hold me

Peggy Lee - "Dream Street" Jasmine L.P. JASM 1032 (1957)

Street of dreams
What's new ?
You're blasé
It's all right with me
My old flame
Dancing on the ceiling
It never entered my mind
Too late now
* I don't know enough about you
Something I dreamed last night
Last night when we were young
So blue

High praise indeed

“Her wonderful talent should be studied by all vocalists; her regal presence is pure elegance and charm.”

– Frank Sinatra, 1994

-----------------

Peggy Lee (born Norma Deloris Egstrom; May 26, 1920 – January 21, 2002) was an American jazz and popular music singer, songwriter, composer and actress, in a career spanning six decades. From her beginning as a vocalist on local radio to singing with Benny Goodman's big band, she forged a sophisticated persona, evolving into a multi-faceted artist and performer. She wrote music for films, acted, and created conceptual record albums—encompassing poetry, jazz, chamber pop, and art songs.

Early life
Lee was born as Norma Deloris Egstrom in Jamestown, North Dakota, the seventh of eight children of Marvin Olof Egstrom, a station agent for the Midland Continental Railroad, and his wife Selma Amelia (Anderson) Egstrom. She and her family were Lutherans.[1] Her father was Swedish American and her mother was Norwegian American.[2] Her mother died when Lee was just four years old.[3] Afterward, her father married Min Schaumber, who treated her with great cruelty while her alcoholic father did little to stop it.[4] Later, she developed her musical talent and took several part-time jobs so that she could be away from home.

Peggy Lee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

“Her wonderful talent should be studied by all vocalists; her regal presence is pure elegance and charm.”

– Frank Sinatra, 1994

Peggy Lee reminds me of my Pap-Pap. I think of her and I am a kid again during the holidays helping him cook. He loved him some Peggy. lol.

Forum List

Back