A Party in New Orleans

R

rdean

Free clinic exposes real health care needs in New Orleans | New Orleans Metro Real Time News - - NOLA.com

More than 100 doctors and 400 volunteers from around the U.S. were on hand to staff two halls of the convention center that had been converted into 52 examination areas sectioned off by blue curtains.

By the end of the day, more than 1,000 people had been examined. Doctors said they discovered many cases of cancer, diabetes and hypertension, and four people were so ill they were sent immediately to hospitals.

Huge turnout for free clinic - New Orleans News, Breaking News, Sports & Weather - FOX 8 Live WVUE-TV Channel 8

Doctors uncovered chronic illnesses. They say one woman was diagnosed with an advanced stage breast cancer and 90% of the people seen have more than one diagnosis; diabetes and high blood pressure were the most common.

----------

The comments below the article was telling. Especially this one:

22% of Louisiana residents are uninsured and Senator Mary cannot bring herself to vote for health care reform?????

----------

Republicans already have the answer, "Die quickly".

I'm glad to see they were diagnosed. The question now is ... how do they afford to treat these conditions?

Obviously they can't. They either go bankrupt, die, or the rest of us pay emergency room prices. That is the entire gist of the Health Care Debate that Republicans want to stop. Of course, Republicans are the people who probably need it the most. But they hate Obama so much. They hope he fails.

This is New Orleans, drink up and fuck like there is no tomorrow, because there is no tomorrow in New Orleans.

There never has been, there is only New Orleans now.

I'm glad to see they were diagnosed. The question now is ... how do they afford to treat these conditions?
That shouldn't be your first question.

The first question is "Where will we find the doctors to treat these people?" We already have a desperate doctor shortage, and that's with doctors making $300,000 a year.

If we reduce doctor's pay, and increase the number of patients in the system by 20-40 million, as the healthcare bill does, where will these doctors come from? Remember, it takes almost 30 years of preparation to make a doctor.

This is why Obama's healthcare reform is guaranteed to generate long lines and force rationing. Medicine doesn't grow on trees.

The first question is "Where will we find the doctors to treat these people?" We already have a desperate doctor shortage, and that's with doctors making $300,000 a year.

If we reduce doctor's pay, and increase the number of patients in the system by 20-40 million, as the healthcare bill does, where will these doctors come from? Remember, it takes almost 30 years of preparation to make a doctor.

This is why Obama's healthcare reform is guaranteed to generate long lines and force rationing. Medicine doesn't grow on trees.

Since Republicans don't believe in evolution and all doctors do. And since less than 6% of scientists are Republican. And since Republicans don't support eduction.

I can tell you where the doctors WON'T be coming from.

Since Republicans don't believe in evolution and all doctors do. And since less than 6% of scientists are Republican. And since Republicans don't support eduction.

Nor the Democrat-run American education system, if you want to get partisan.

Regardless, we still don't have enough doctors.

Nor the Democrat-run American education system, if you want to get partisan.

Regardless, we still don't have enough doctors.

And yet, it's that same "democratic" run system that gives us the technology and science we have today. Odd that.

Forum List

Back