a party built on lies

Really , tell us a time in our history that the congress used the same tactics?

The Republicans

"Congressional historians said Mr. Boehner's move was unprecedented." A month before Senate Republicans blocked Barack Obama’s popular jobs bill, that’s how the New York Times described Speaker John Boehner's refusal to grant the President's request for a September 7 address to joint session of Congress to present the American Jobs Act. As it turns out, "unprecedented" is apt description for almost every boulder in the stone wall of Republican obstructionism Barack Obama has faced from the moment he took the oath of office. From the GOP's record-setting use of the filibuster and its united front against Obama's legislative agenda to blocking judicial nominees and its admitted hostage-taking of the U.S. debt ceiling, the Republican Party has broken new ground in its perpetual quest to ensure that Barack Obama will be a one-term president.

Even before Barack Obama took the oath office, Republicans leaders, conservative think-tanks and right-wing pundits were calling for total obstruction of the new president's agenda. Bill Kristol, who helped block Bill Clinton's health care reform attempt in 1993, called for history to repeat on the Obama stimulus - and everything else. Pointing with pride to the Clinton economic program which received exactly zero GOP votes in either House, Kristol in January 2009 advised:

so does that mean you claim Reagan did not raise taxes?

Has anyone said he didn't?

He certainly did. He signed a tax increase because Democrats promised that for every $1 of taxes raised, $3 dollars would be cut from the budget. Unfortunately, Democrats lied.

It's hard to compromise when you know the other side has no intention of doing what they say. Is it any wonder Republicans aren't falling for the same tricks?

when in history has any president faced the tactics the republican party has been using to keep Obama from doing what he wanted to do for the country.

Unprecidented is the word for the tactics on the right in this presidency

2000-2008

Short term memory isnt a good excuse.

msnbc.com Video Player

How can we rebuild this country when one of the major paties is built on lies?

I AGREE! I mean NO country has EVER been built on paties!!!
(What is a "patie" by the way?)

Assuming in 16 words you can't at least see you've dropped the "r" how can we teach our children if adults can't in 16 word sentence spell correctly?

Finally ED SHULTZ???
The SAME ED-Suspended-by-MSNBC-SLUT-Shultz?

why wont the cons touch this thread?

Because they have no real answer why they support out right lies in the face od history.

Bad info in bad decisions out

Because it was started by a fucking retard.

Unfortunately, I don't think she will accept that most of her problems in communicating on this board were created by her. She is too attached to the victim card. The truth is people cant make you a victim if you dont let them.

why wont the cons touch this thread?

Because they have no real answer why they support out right lies in the face od history.

Bad info in bad decisions out

Because it was started by a fucking retard.

Unfortunately, I don't think she will accept that most of her problems in communicating on this board were created by her. She is too attached to the victim card. The truth is people cant make you a victim if you dont let them.

Yep.. I've tried to get my head around this one.... but to no avail. I seriously think there is something wrong with her. I mean, we all say goofy stuff from time to time, but it is constant from her.... it is just one long drawn out stupid premise after another.

Did Reagan raise taxes?

Did one of the republicans highest elected officails deny cold hard facts?

wow you just cant answer can you?

Reagan raised taxes many times.

that is fact

Forum List

Back