A Parrot

They can go outside on nice days. Just don't do from a warm to a cold area where it would shock them, they can't take cold generally.

Ours grew out of the wanting to bite eventually.

I have a parrot. I know nothing about parrots. My husband brought it home. I know not to use non stick coated pans. That's all I know. If it's a nice day, can I take his cage outside? He's a biter. Can you change that behavior?

The guy across the street just bought a parrot. He paid $4500.00 for it. I told him he was nuts.

Get a seed/pellet food mix formulated for parrots. Give him some fresh things everyday too- fruit, vegetables, greens. When you are around his cage be calm and talk softly (or be quiet, if that is more your style) in time, he will learn to trust you. That may keep him from biting. On the other hand, some parrots bite. See if you can find out some details on how the parrot was treated before your husband brought him home. Maybe something happened.

I have a parrot. I know nothing about parrots. My husband brought it home. I know not to use non stick coated pans. That's all I know. If it's a nice day, can I take his cage outside? He's a biter. Can you change that behavior?

pretty intense pet

need lots of attention

lot of work

Be careful what you say around your parrot. I understand they are not good at keeping secrets.

Cool, what kind of parrot? lol I was bit by a Green wing macaw one time. it HURT.
learn all you can. Did you want a parrot? lol

Think about adding him/her to your will. =D
...hard to believe they can live 50 and sometimes more years.

SUNNI! lol. I couldn't figure out what your post meant. No parrot diner. The teflon and other non stick pans give off fumes that kill birds.
A friend of my husbands has a sister that is dying of cancer and didn't know what to do with her birds. She had 2 parrots and 1 parakeet. Husband brought one home. I think I want all three.
They are used to dogs. My dog barked at this one and it barked back. So cute. But it keeps saying a**hole!

Forum List

Back