a note to GOP faithfuls from an independent

Nov 14, 2012
Occasional lurker, 1st time poster here. I wanted to mention something to the folks on here who subscribe to these crazy ideas about the election like:

-obama voters won because the "takers want free shit"
-romney was favored to win(an objective look across numerous independent polls showed obama favored to win handily)
-obama voters were just marketed to more effectively
-generally refuting anything factual or statistically based

For your own sake, you really need to get your head in the game. This is all utter bullshit. The GOP will be best served by trying to incorporate reality, whether it pertains to polling, science, or anything else. They really need to entertain that voters actually understood the policies espoused by both sides, and made an informed choice. I frankly dont give a flying fuck if the GOP spends the next 20 years in the bubble that they just cruised through this election in, as long as they keep losing. But if they eventually put a candidate in the white house, and he is one of these ideologues on the far right who denies science and statistics, we're all gonna be in a world of hurt, thus I DO care. Id frankly rather have a GOP that can compete with the dems, than what it is now.
A word to the wise: reside in cuckoo land at your own peril.

Occasional lurker, 1st time poster here. I wanted to mention something to the folks on here who subscribe to these crazy ideas about the election like:

-romney was favored to win(an objective look across numerous independent polls showed obama favored to win handily)

For your own sake, you really need to get your head in the game. This is all utter bullshit. The GOP will be best served by trying to incorporate reality, whether it pertains to polling, science, or anything else. They really need to entertain that voters actually understood the policies espoused by both sides, and made an informed choice. I frankly dont give a flying fuck if the GOP spends the next 20 years in the bubble that they just cruised through this election in, as long as they keep losing. But if they eventually put a candidate in the white house, and he is one of these ideologues on the far right who denies science and statistics, we're all gonna be in a world of hurt, thus I DO care. Id frankly rather have a GOP that can compete with the dems, than what it is now.
A word to the wise: reside in cuckoo land at your own peril.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for you "independent" analysis.

Welcome. You'll catch a lot of crap from the far right which is over-represented on these boards, but I hope you're no stranger. Anyone who adds to intelligent, respectful discussions is always welcome in my book.

Well done. They'll deny and attack non-stop, because they're very, very defensive right now. Plus, they're all stuck in absolutist mode, so you're either 100% with them or 100% against them. Very simplistic.

This country desperately needs two strong, credible parties to keep each other from doing something too stupid, and right now the GOP just simply doesn't qualify. They're closer to being a punchline. But that's not gonna change as long as the hardliners are in control.

They're not listening, nor will they, for at least a while.

The problems with the GOP have much more to do with branding and marketing than the product.

The right wing is emotional right now. They just got dumped, again, by their sweethearts for a better guy. They're talking seccession. They're talking Apocalypse Now. They're talking Red Dawn. They're in complete looney tune land.

Is Obama great? No. We are absolutely facing some serious fucking problems.

But...no matter what we are or aren't facing..one thing for certain: The right wing has gone over the cliff to the abyss of whacko land.

Welcome to USMB. I agree that the GOP needs to rethink and regroup.

But can I ask you something. Do you think the Democrat party is on the right track simply because they won the election? Do you think Democrats are simply more likely to always vote D no matter what or how bad the candidate is or has performed?

That said I agree with most of the premise of your thread.

The problems with the GOP have much more to do with branding and marketing than the product.

Okay, let's stipulate to that, for the sake of argument.

Assuming that's true, the two parties are taking very different approaches to the marketing of their product. The Republicans are arguing whether they should be trying to "attract" women and minorities. Some are lobbying for some kind of outreach program, the rest are against that because it looks like pandering, and that reaching out is somehow capitulation. So the two sides of the party can't even agree on the strategy.

Meanwhile, the Democrats are, and have been to great success, going right after that vote, face to face. They don't waste any time on "attraction", they go right after it and grab it, aggressively. So while one party debates whether it even wants to engage in outreach, the other has been aggressively doing it for decades.

The party certainly can't be surprised it's doing so poorly with these rapidly-growing, demographic-changing groups.

I agree.

And I agree because I want to see Republicans in power rather than Democrats.

It's funny really. Some of the republicans on this board are so rightist, they view moderates as leftist.

Here's a heads up: not everyone who is left of your political spectrum is a liberal.

It's funny really. Some of the republicans on this board are so rightist, they view moderates as leftist.

Here's a heads up: not everyone who is left of your political spectrum is a liberal.

True but then again not everyone who is right of your political spectrum is a rightwinger or a member of the GOP.

The extremes are always the most bombastic and in your face so often they seem to be the majority.

But your an Independent. :clap2::badgrin::clap2::lol::eusa_clap:

Last edited:
Librard pretending to be an 'independent', #1456678

LOL

Keep living in your far right whacky cocoon and Democrats will be running the show from here forward. While I do not want to see the Republican Party become so insignificant as to allow the Democrats to run roughshod over everything, I will never support the a party that is so out of touch with mainstream America.

True but then again not everyone who is right of your political spectrum is a rightwinger or a member of the GOP.

The extremes are always the most bombastic and in your face so often they seem to be the majority.

Yes, that is true too.

Forum List

Back