A non partisan look at Obama and primaries

How? The recession ended by the time any significant part of it started.

So don't tout them.

1) The hell it had

I think you're confused. When did the recession end, when was the stimulus enacted, and on what schedule has the money been distributed?

2) I didn't the person in the article did..

Who posted it here with a favorable review?

tout

–verb (used with object)
to solicit support for importunately.
to describe or advertise boastfully; publicize or promote; praise extravagantly: a highly touted nightclub.

1) The hell it had

I think you're confused. When did the recession end, when was the stimulus enacted, and on what schedule has the money been distributed?

2) I didn't the person in the article did..

Who posted it here with a favorable review?

tout

–verb (used with object)
to solicit support for importunately.
to describe or advertise boastfully; publicize or promote; praise extravagantly: a highly touted nightclub.

Oh, you're doing the old "if we had 0.0000000000009999999" percent growth over a quarter, then that doesn't count as the recession - so we're playing semantics...nice.

So I praised the piece extravagantly and advertised it boastfully did I? Care to point out the overtly brash adjectives and verbs I used to describe the OP?

Non Partisan my ass lol.

Pure partisanship from start to finish.

That Barack Obama is a smart man is not contestable. Super-intelligent, articulate and self-assured, America's first black president is every bit the erudite statesman acclaimed worldwide.

lol

Yeah. He kind of lost me there. I contest it.

"In the diplomatic build-up to last year's war to remove Saddam Hussein from power, the two most vociferous opponents of military action were Russia and France. Even though Presidents Putin and Chirac reluctantly signed up to UN Security Council resolution 1441 in November 2002 - which threatened Saddam with "serious consequences" if he did not fully comply - they were at the forefront of the international campaign to block military action.

Wow the French telling us not to invade Iraq? It's sort of like your best friend telling you not to drive drunk.

:lol:

Only if he's a cabbie and you aren't actually drunk.

Really now.

And you supported invading and conquering Iraq?

You are basing this on what? He gets along well with other world leaders. Bush on the other hand was basically loathed. He gave Angela Merkle a backrub during a meeting of heads of state. He wore a cowboy hat and boots. He disrespected Tony Blair on a live mike. Gosh..he was hated world wide. Even by people who normally like America. In Thailand I saw a t-shirt that had him and Osama Bin Laden listed as the "Twin Terrors".

The "world" gave Obama a Nobel Prize and he's basically loved. The "world" gave Bush the finger. (Although in some parts of Africa he was loved for his efforts on AIDS, and in the Balkans..but heck..that was because of Clinton).

So really..what do you base this whole "statesmen" thing on?

lol he gets along well with them eh. is that all it takes to be a great statesmen really?

Read the article man. It is peppered with partisan assessments of the man. It is a piece designed to defend him.

So I found it funny the Guy who posted it thought he would call it a NON partisan look at Obama.

Again..what's the metric you are basing this poor "statesmenship" on. I seriously doubt conservatives truly understand the term. Or "politician" for that matter. If anything, he's repaired many of the alliances Bush fractured. I was in Istanbul, shortly after the invasion. Turks absolutely loathed Bush. They loved Americans..however. And this is from one of the most solid allies of America..for pete's sake. That and the whole "freedom fries" debacle. An insult to another solid ally. That may have been none of Bush doing..but he sure has heck alienated the French. And just about every other country that didn't buy into his "invade iraq" bullshit.

You mean France, the Country that outright LIED to us in the run up to the Iraq war? Told us they were on board, sent staff to plan joint operations all the while being bribed by Iraq to not participate and to lift sanctions? That strong ally? REALLY?

Forum List

Back