A non-lethal, economic and effective way to secure the border

jckryan

So, this is purgatory?
Jan 18, 2011
Los Angeles, Ca
Plant indigenous bushes to the desert that have thorns of at least one-inch in length on either side of the border (about a quarter-mile each way) and use dust cropping planes to spray each side with a non-lethal insecticide daily (that may turn lethal if they try to burn the bushes). Maybe like a long-lasting skin irritant. Then have the Mexican government issue warnings/post signs.

"Do it the cost-effective, non-lethal and enviromentally reckless way". Ju know?

Last edited:
Plant indigenous bushes to the desert that have thorns of at least one-inch in length on either side of the border (about a quarter-mile each way) and use dust cropping planes to spray each side with a non-lethal insecticide daily (that may turn lethal if they try to burn the bushes). Maybe like a long-lasting skin irritant. Then have the Mexican government issue warnings/post signs.

"Do it the cost-effective, non-lethal and enviromentally reckless way". Ju know?

Why not toss in some poison ivy and poison sumac as well? If they went thru that stuff they'd be paying for it in agonizing pain. That way, if the thorny stuff wasn't a deterient, then maybe the idea of getting a poisonous plant all over ya would do the trick. Who knows? I guess they'd have to go thru it to find out and then pass the info to others...

They would eat the plants and wear clothing to reject the irritants and the plants. Plus the ACLU would have a picnic over this.

Sorry, but you lost me at "non-lethal". Even the Geneva Convention allows for the execution of non-uniformed personnel from one country entering another country with the intent of doing harm to that country. They're called spies or sabotoures and the penalty for their crime is death.

They would eat the plants and wear clothing to reject the irritants and the plants. Plus the ACLU would have a picnic over this.

I really posted this thread because I was bored (waiting for a game to start) and thought that it was a funny way to deter those crossing the border. By half time and a few beers, my friends were poking holes into how they could still cross (two of the four are U.S. citizens/born of Mexican descent. The other two are Heinz 57's).

To separate one-inch thorns from the plants and then eat them would be way too much time. But if they walked/ran through a thicket of these bushes (try climbing a pomegranate
bush/tree . . . those needles can shred) covered head to toe in denim/leather with boots and gloves, they can get by. After a quarter of a mile, a little tired/dehydrated . . . but still manage.

Spraying insecticides/pesticides repeatedly may cause rashes . . . who knows.

As far as the ACLU having a picnic over this, just spray the picnic.

Like I said, I was bored and it was not meant to be taken seriously. Besides there's this dude going around the USMB accusing me of being a Nazi. :eusa_eh:

I really posted this thread because I was bored (waiting for a game to start) and thought that it was a funny way to deter those crossing the border. By half time and a few beers, my friends were poking holes into how they could still cross (two of the four are U.S. citizens/born of Mexican descent. The other two are Heinz 57's).

To separate one-inch thorns from the plants and then eat them would be way too much time. But if they walked/ran through a thicket of these bushes (try climbing a pomegranate
bush/tree . . . those needles can shred) covered head to toe in denim/leather with boots and gloves, they can get by. After a quarter of a mile, a little tired/dehydrated . . . but still manage.

Like I said, I was bored and it was not meant to be taken seriously. Besides there's this dude going around the USMB accusing me of being a Nazi. :eusa_eh:

Or send in some exploding poison gas ants to invade there picnic.

Or send in some exploding poison gas ants to invade there picnic.

Friggin genius! Just sneak some Giant Red Ant colonies into the brush (the ACLU will never know!). Forget the insecticides. It would be environmentally friendly and if someone did manage to cross, they would easily be identified by the large red marks.

The ants would have to be pretty far away from ranches and populated areas though.

Its called a deterrent.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back