A New York couple took their 30-year-old son to court because he refused to move out

Crap jobs 0 benefits expensive college and training it's a GOP Wonderland, dupes.
Jobs may be crap because they're competing with SLAVES imported from Mexico by the Democrats and too many Republicans.

College is expensive because Democrats got the government involved. Unlimited deep pockets means tuition goes up.

You have yourselves to blame

College is expensive because of our greedy capitalist society.

There needs to be a public 4 year option. Other countries have public universities or heavily discounted tuition for citizens.

No other first world nation has their citizens in college debt.

The country's that have that also limit the number of people who can get into college. GREATLY. In Germany it is determined very early in a kids life if they will ever go to college. Do poorly on a test and you're done. It is vocational school at best for you. That is the reality of all of these so called countries that give free college education. Yes, it is free, but for a VERY FEW who are allowed to enroll.

their house is a "sanctuary city" apparently

by the way, did you know? a third of millenials live with their parents. THAT'S HORRIFYING!!!

Ironically, I have the opposite problem. Three boys. We saved for them to attend college and wanted them to stay with us and get their degrees, but no. Two of them jumped straight into the work + school + car payment + rent trap and ended up blowing off college. The youngest is the only one we could convince to wait on accumulating bills until he was done with college. :/

I'm a millienal and I stayed in my parents house until I was around 25.

By the time I was 25 years old, I had been living all over the world for 7 years and returned home to go to college debt free.
It's all about ambition, initiative, the choices you make and the risks you take.

Going nowhere will get you nowhere quick.

Tell me, what year were you 25 years old?

There are 25 years olds making it all the time.

Life was never easy.

What they should have done is change the password on their internet

He would move out in a week

I'm a millienal and I stayed in my parents house until I was around 25.

By the time I was 25 years old, I had been living all over the world for 7 years and returned home to go to college debt free.
It's all about ambition, initiative, the choices you make and the risks you take.

Going nowhere will get you nowhere quick.

Tell me, what year were you 25 years old?

There are 25 years olds making it all the time.

Life was never easy.

It's true, as fret about my two boys who refused college and jumped in head first; BUT both are making good money ($23/h and $26/h,) and both are in careers that can easily carry them anywhere in the nation (one works on RVs, the other fuels airplanes.) I don't particularly "worry" about them having good futures (well maybe the one who drinks nightly...) I just wish they'd have saved up before jumping straight into the bills. I mean if they'd hung out here for another 5-6 years they'd have degrees and could have bought cars outright to boot, even invested a bit and started working toward financial security outside their current jobs. The one has a 401k which is a start, but if dipstick didn't have a car payment he could max his contribution every year. The second, the elder one, is a bit more idiot and isn't planning for his retirement at all despite our repeated warnings that he needs to start now >.< They're 22 and 24 this year though so there's still lots of hope for em to get their shit "fully" together.

Crap jobs 0 benefits expensive college and training it's a GOP Wonderland, dupes.

College is expensive because of our greedy capitalist society.

There needs to be a public 4 year option. Other countries have public universities or heavily discounted tuition for citizens.

No other first world nation has their citizens in college debt.
Their Own Children Must Pay for Making Us Live Like Children Until We Graduate

You're brainwashed to totally miss the point. You can't possibly make an independent rational judgment that getting a job just because you can go four years without a job makes sense. College is work without pay, sacrificing growing up for getting rich. Students are low-talent childish Mamas' Boys who look upon their future bosses as benevolent father figures. They wouldn't get into college if they had to compete with the talent that paying students would attract.

The freeloading fatcats who mandate this indentured servitude must be stripped of their power and have their future taken away, just as they took ours.

a valuable thing is always in demand and work ethic is very much in demand!

Why did the parents wait so long to kick him out? Once he became an adult, he should have either left on his own or got a job and paid his own way, including rent at home.

DISCOVER THE BODY!

teens need to appreciate the joy of birth & growth and the tragedy of pain & decline!

I've reached that point in my life where it's common practice for people to enquire if I have children -- which is a no -- and then if I'm planning to have any. And after due consideration, I think I'm ready to get a second dog.

"the real fruition of life is to actually do the thing we dream to do" - Woodrow Wilson

Forum List

Back