A New York couple took their 30-year-old son to court because he refused to move out

• Banned
millenials are regularly and troublingly flat-footed about situations in which smart, lively 18 to 22 year olds should have no difficulty leaning in and righting the world!

• Banned
parents are scared of a behavioral change they're observing. they've noticed that all of this screen time on playstation seems to imbue their kids with a zombie-like passivity. they detect a decline of liveliness.

oddly, while kids know and admit that they are much happier doing other things like accomplishing something tangible, they can't find the initiative to get started on their own.

my friend has a 29 yr old who wont leave...she has enabled him to the max....she pays to have her yard done...wtf...he cant do her yard?

Jobs with with long hours and shit wages. High rents and Healthcare cost. Then if you've gone to college there's student loan debt.

I'm a millienal and I stayed in my parents house until I was around 25. It's not easy for young adults to move out like it was 20 years ago.

And in other countries it's quite common for adult children to live at home.

My guess is this couple's son was probably just a moocher. No job or ambition. He also is probably a disrespectful asshole to his parents.

i dont think the transition is ever easy.....long hours and shitty pay....has always been entry level for 18 yr olds....its not like tht is a new thing or millennial have it tougher than other generations

"The fifth and final notice on March 30 presents Michael some options to get his broken down vehicle off their property, and in all the options his parents offer to help pay for the repairs."

Are you kidding me? It took a New York State Supreme Court Judge (Donald Greenwood) to finally kick this bum out? My father would have horse whipped my ass and dumped me on a curb two counties over. Jebuz enough already.

I quit college after 1 semester and took an apprenticeship in tool and die in 1978, wasted about $2500 of my mom and dad's money. My dad told my I have 90 days to move out as his job was done and to make room for my sisters. I did move out and we were still on good terms and still spent plenty of time with them.

I'm a millienal and I stayed in my parents house until I was around 25.

By the time I was 25 years old, I had been living all over the world for 7 years and returned home to go to college debt free.
It's all about ambition, initiative, the choices you make and the risks you take.

Going nowhere will get you nowhere quick.

my friend often arrives home to find his wife starting dinner and the kids sprawled out on the floor, their facial expressions blank. attempts to engage them are met with only vague recognition that a conversation is taking place. even their physical being seems to be altered. normally alert and engaged, they seem to be tired and enervated.

my friend was scared..."how the hell will they make it on their own???"

I'm a millienal and I stayed in my parents house until I was around 25.

By the time I was 25 years old, I had been living all over the world for 7 years and returned home to go to college debt free.
It's all about ambition, initiative, the choices you make and the risks you take.

Going nowhere will get you nowhere quick.

Tell me, what year were you 25 years old?

my friend often arrives home to find his wife starting dinner and the kids sprawled out on the floor, their facial expressions blank. attempts to engage them are met with only vague recognition that a conversation is taking place. even their physical being seems to be altered. normally alert and engaged, they seem to be tired and enervated.

my friend was scared..."how the hell will they make it on their own???"

As everything becomes more accessible, the desire for immediate gratification has become firmly entrenched.

It isn't that his wife and children cannot be more energetic and engaging ...
It's that he doesn't offer them anything they find immediately rewarding.

They may appreciate his contributions to their continued existence if you ask them ...
At least until someone texts them with a more appealing opportunity to pursue in thought.

Last edited:

2005-2006 ... But it doesn't matter unless you would like to make an excuse.
You can do the same thing today that I did then.

So you're a millienal then. That's nice you were able to travel the world and be free of college debt. But you are very naive to think that it is easy for everyone to do that at 25.

I worked full time throughout my whole time in college and I still winded up debt because college is that expensive.

Last edited:

So you're a millienal then. That's nice you were able to travel the world and be free of college debt. But you are very naive to think that it is easy for everyone to do that at 25.

I worked full time throughout my whole time in college and I still winded up debt because college is that expensive.

I am not the naïve one ...Nor did I ever suggest it was easy ... :thup:
I simply stated it was a matter of the appropriate ambition, initiative, choices made and risks taken.

Wait for someone else to make better choices for you, provide for you, or make things easier on you ... And you will be waiting on the wrong person.

Last edited:

Uh college and you still don't know that the past tense of wind is wound, not winded?
What a waste of money.

New Topics

Forum List

Back