A new synth

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
Picked up a Kurzweil PC3. I'll see if I like it enough to keep it.

Last edited:
Picked up a Kurzweil PC3. I'll see if I like it enough to keep it.

My favorite singer and keybordist is Steve Walsh from Kansas. He has been using Kurzweil forever and swears by them
He's also one of my favorites. Best voice quality in rock, ever. Such a shame that he blew out his voice some years ago. Is he back to normal yet? Haven't heard anything recent.

I always wanted a synth with a good sequencer so I can compose my own stuff. I did it once on an old Korg years and years ago... but it was borrowed so I couldn't save any of my stuff. I miss it.

I always wanted a synth with a good sequencer so I can compose my own stuff. I did it once on an old Korg years and years ago... but it was borrowed so I couldn't save any of my stuff. I miss it.
I was looking at the Korg M50 or M3, but Korg's 76 key synths are only 73 keys, and they range from C-to-C. I don't like that layout. I like the traditional 76 key E-to-G layout instead. Plus, the Korg seemed fragile. It's only 15 pounds, which is great, but I worried how it would hold up.

But I've always liked Korg stuff, especially in the 1980s. I had their CX3 organ, Poly 800 synth, RK-100 (portable, with strap), and Mono/Poly.

Steve sounds pretty good now, wont ever be like he was. Check out their new DVD " there is no place like home" with a full symphony....Awesome. I have seen Kansas 42 times

Steve sounds pretty good now, wont ever be like he was. Check out their new DVD " there is no place like home" with a full symphony....Awesome. I have seen Kansas 42 times
Wow! I saw them once, at the Lakeland Civic Center (FL), in 1977 or 1978. I think it was the 'Monolith' tour. Walsh was in his Adidas phase, kicking soccer balls out into the audience. They were excellent, of course, but the acoustics in that place are awful. Later, living in Atlanta, I would run into him every once in a while, while my band was playing at the Great Buckhead Saloon or Charlie Magruder's. He was always very nice, although a bit scattered.

I would have liked to see the Kansas version with Steve Morse, from The Dregs, on guitar.

Wow! I saw them once, at the Lakeland Civic Center (FL), in 1977 or 1978. I think it was the 'Monolith' tour. Walsh was in his Adidas phase, kicking soccer balls out into the audience. They were excellent, of course, but the acoustics in that place are awful. Later, living in Atlanta, I would run into him every once in a while, while my band was playing at the Great Buckhead Saloon or Charlie Magruder's. He was always very nice, although a bit scattered.

I would have liked to see the Kansas version with Steve Morse, from The Dregs, on guitar.

The new DVD has Steve Morse and Kerry Livgren on it. Awesome stuff

The new DVD has Steve Morse and Kerry Livgren on it. Awesome stuff
Amazon has it:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Kansas-Theres-Know-Place-Like/dp/B002MWHYKI]Amazon.com: Kansas: There's Know Place Like Home: Kansas, Steve Morse, Kerry Livgren, Phil Ehart, Billy Greer, David Ragsdale, Steve Walsh, Richard Williams, Jeff Glixman: Movies & TV[/ame]

I may buy myself a Christmas present...or leave some hints!

Forum List

Back