A new solution for the idiots in robes

Moi

Sep 2, 2003
The ONLY GOOD place
"U.S. National - AP

Judge Strikes Down Iowa Sex-Offender Law
17 minutes ago Add U.S. National - AP to My Yahoo!

By DAVID PITT, Associated Press Writer

DES MOINES, Iowa - A federal judge on Monday struck down an Iowa law that prohibited convicted sex offenders from living within 2,000 feet of schools and day-care centers.

The Iowa Civil Liberties Union had challenged the constitutionality of the law, claiming it effectively banished offenders from most cities and towns.

Judge Robert Pratt ruled that the 2002 law "unconstitutionally infringes" upon the rights of sex offenders. He issued an order prohibiting the state from enforcing the law, making permanent a temporary restraining order issued last summer.

Iowa Attorney General Tom Miller said he was considering an appeal.

In arguments to the judge, plaintiffs' attorney Philip Mears wrote: "There is no evidence that sex offenders re-offend by living within any magic number of feet from a school."

Assistant Attorney General Gordon Allen argued that the law was sound public policy and designed to protect the state's most vulnerable citizens — children.

"While some may find the means chosen excessive ... there is nevertheless a rational basis for the legislative choice," Allen said.

Lawmakers reacted to the ruling by saying they are determined to keep sex offenders away from children.

"They committed a crime. We're trying to keep them away from our kids if possible," said Sen. Jerry Behn. "I'd like to have something on the books."

Attorneys for the sex offenders had argued that such residency restrictions do little to keep children safe.

"The lawmakers failed us," said Ben Stone, ICLU executive director. "Evidence is out there that extensively shows that the greatest threat to kids is from people that they know."

The Iowa law was based on an Alabama statute that also requires sex offenders to live at least 2,000 feet from schools and day care centers.

Laws in Kentucky and Indiana make homes and apartments within 1,000 feet off limits to sex offenders, while California bars placement of an offender within a quarter-mile of an elementary school. "

Okay, I've got a solution for them: people who molest children shouldn't live. At all. Period.

In arguments to the judge, plaintiffs' attorney Philip Mears wrote: "There is no evidence that sex offenders re-offend by living within any magic number of feet from a school."

the natural unspoken continuation of that sentence should read 'sex offenderes re-offend equally across a wide range of distances and closeness of a school has little to no relevance to it.'

my point of veiw would be this....why tempt fate?? the strongest of the strong are only as strong as their weakest moment. a known "child" sex offender or an offender classified as a "predater" or as "likely to re-offend, should not be allowed OUT of prison..without medical intervention...denut the sonsabitches....
they dont NEED to reproduce.....future generations will thank us..
to the judge in Iowa{of all places...geeeezz}...William Joyce has some folks he would like for you to meet...

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
the natural unspoken continuation of that sentence should read 'sex offenderes re-offend equally across a wide range of distances and closeness of a school has little to no relevance to it.'

Look everyone! DK finally put down the crack pipe!:clap1:

first rain forrests, now this.
i know we have a couple of them fuckers in my neighborhood. there are also alot of kids here also.
they busted some guy out in another town not too far from here for a contributing charge (drugs adn booze) not too long ago. he had a telescope on his patio and when asked why it was pointed at the middle/ high school his reply was, and im paraphrasing here, "i like to look at the 13 and 14 year olds".
obviously this judge needs a good old fashion soddomy party in his ass. why let these sick bastards around kids let alone let them look at them? so what if they are excluded from some towns. what about the rights of the kids not to be molested? who are they to violate that?
is this what the country has become? a place were kids can not be kids for fear of strangers?

this judge is just another example of how America is going to hell in a handbag.

and again i pose the question, why would they want too? sick fuckers. because as far as im concerned there is no medical term other than mentally fucked up

Forum List

Back