A New Recruiting Tool For Islam? US Dumb Teens?

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
If this were an American male, does anyone doubt AP would be treating him as a criminal?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060619/ap_on_re_mi_ea/myspace_mideast

Palestinian anguishes over MySpace romance

By MOHAMMED DARAGHMEH and STEVEN GUTKIN, Associated Press Writers1 hour, 36 minutes ago

The Palestinian man who befriended a 16-year-old Michigan girl through the MySpace.com Web site and invited her to join him in Jericho said he is heartbroken by U.S. authorities' decision to send her back home.

Abdullah Jimzawi, 20, told The Associated Press that his love for Katherine Lester, of Gilford, Mich., was pure and they planned to marry. The music buff, who spends at least 10 hours a day on the Internet, decried attempts to portray him as an Internet predator.

"We love the same things, the same songs and we have similar dreams. I fell in love with her because she is innocent and goodhearted. We found ourselves as soul mates," he told the AP on Sunday at his family's comfortable house.

Jericho, a town of 17,000, is largely immune from the violence and mayhem plaguing the rest of the West Bank.

Jimzawi, a high school dropout with close-cropped hair, a two-day beard and large, dark eyes, said Katherine was willing to convert to Islam and that the pair remain in close contact, speaking to each other at least five hours a day via Internet phone calls.

MySpace.com is a social networking Web site whose enormous popularity with teenagers has raised concerns among U.S. authorities, with scattered accounts of sexual predators targeting minors they meet on the site.

Jimzawi works in his father's business delivering goods to minimarkets and has never gotten into trouble.

Earlier this month, Katherine boarded a flight to Israel after slipping out of her mother's house. At a stopover in Amman, Jordan, U.S. authorities seized her passport and sent her back home.

Had Katherine made it to Jericho, Jimzawi said, she would have slept in his sister's bedroom, not his. He said he would have walked with her through the tree-lined streets of Jericho, and his family would have celebrated her 17th birthday together on June 21.

"When I realized she wasn't coming I felt my whole world collapse," he said. "My tears didn't stop and I couldn't sleep for three days."

Somehow I think a white girl from michigan would stick out like a sore thumb in Jericho. People from other countries seem to be more descriptive than us. "I couldn't sleep for three days" opposed to "many sleepless nights". I prefer our way...his line sounds like something out of the Ali G. show,

'Da Ali G Show
Borat: "I once carry woman one mile against her will"
Southerner: "why the hell did you do that?"
Borat: "To show her my house"
Southerner: "Did she like it?"
Borat: "She is now my wife."

Real Life
Abdullah: "I once convince American girl to come to Jericho"
AP Writer: "Did she come"
Abdullah: "No, dirty Americans stop her"
AP Writer: "What did you do then?"
Abdullah: "I cry, I could not sleep for three nights"

Oh no, the Jihad is recruiting little school girls now. Just like 24:season two. :ali:

Forum List

Back