A New Project

DarkFury

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2015
Sun, Sand And Palm Trees
As you may or may not know I wrote about my 4x4 getting backed into at a rib joint last month. Well sometimes when someone crumples your work you just move on to another. My Dodge 4x4 had been my daily driver for years and I had rebuilt MANY parts with upgrades and power improvement.

As someone choose to dent it and run {most likely a liberal} I decided to trade it and start a new project. I traded for this...
up_16.jpg

{Not the actual photo}
Its a Honda Gl 1100. Now mine runs and drives at this point but its going to need a few things. I have the smooth seat and want the quilted one like in the picture. Fury likes comfort okay? And resting my head between to large tits is comfort. The idea of leaning forward on a "crotch rocket" like a jokey at Churchill Downs does not thrill me. Give me a recliner with a stereo and I am fine.

As with most bikes sitting =death, that damn liberal ethanol can go bad in as little as three months. And the gas tank the REAL gas tank on these is behind the engine and in front of the drive axle. So I am going to be blogging on chemical restoration here in the "Garage".

I also hope to have the young fellow who has my truck join here at USMB to blog on his work. You can ask him about the burn out I did in the truck in FRONT of the state patrol office! Anyway maybe with the help of TNHarley or Sunni Man we can turn the garage into something worth reading.

As to politics? WE Trump supporters WON and the idea of trying to smarten up a liberal is waste of time. Lets just keep supporting Trump and build. Its not like we HAVE to care what they think no matter their argument we do. Simple FACT is WE DON'T. So lets build and just leave their bullsh#t behind.

Fury

Gold Wings , I like them but am partial to the first coupla years at 1000 cc with no fairing and I would buy one a give it a Café style treatment . I saw my first Goldwing in about 73 and laughed at it but I was a youngster riding a beautiful , new Triump Trident !! I think that your picture is an 1100 and you didn't ask me BUT if it were mine i'd strip it down .

• Banned
Gold Wings , I like them but am partial to the first coupla years at 1000 cc with no fairing and I would buy one a give it a Café style treatment . I saw my first Goldwing in about 73 and laughed at it but I was a youngster riding a beautiful , new Triump Trident !! I think that your picture is an 1100 and you didn't ask me BUT if it were mine i'd strip it down .
Its a 81 1100. The trunk will go and maybe the bags. I understand I can get more bottom end going with the rear end out of a VT 750.
I like the shaft drive for its ability to be smooth.

That is a nice bike as well. The seat reminds me off my very first street bike.
Triump Trident
75Triumph-Trident-R.jpg

My first was a
images

66 Honda 160.

this was my Gold Trident --- 1974 Triumph Trident, Restored to Original Specifications, Runs and Rides as New --- I always wanted a 160 Honda but ended up with a 1964-5 [?] Bultaco 175cc Mercurio , 2 stroke single . Bought it used from a kid named Jim and quickly found out that It was a Roadster and no good in the dirt . Still , it was my first bike so I still have a soft spot for Buls and would like to have a 250 Metralla road bike just for grins .

this was my Gold Trident --- 1974 Triumph Trident, Restored to Original Specifications, Runs and Rides as New --- I always wanted a 160 Honda but ended up with a 1964-5 [?] Bultaco 175cc Mercurio , 2 stroke single . Bought it used from a kid named Jim and quickly found out that It was a Roadster and no good in the dirt . Still , it was my first bike so I still have a soft spot for Buls and would like to have a 250 Metralla road bike just for grins .
I learned to ride dirt before the street. Both I and Sunni Man started with Bultacos. Those are damn tuff bikes.

mid 60s Bultaco 175 Mercurio . --- 1966 Bultaco Mercurio 175cc. for Sale | ClassicCars.com | CC-808592 --- after that I went desert racer with Triumph 650 TR6c and then a couple of 650 beezers with TT Pipes then a 71 Trident then the 74 Trident . Everything was fireroads and woods where I grew up in the great U'P' of Michigan . In the winter i'd ride the tr6c and beezers with their trials universal tires . Bikes went excellent on hard packed snow on regular roads . The nice thing was that if you did drop it and the bike just slid down the road . My friend Tommy would ride his Lobito and Bandido on hard pack trail and RailRoad tracks while I rode my Rupp snow machine anywhere I liked .

Last edited:
Ah So! Rice burner! How you measure mileage? Pounds? Ounces? Grains of rice per meter?
From their inception until 2010 ALL Goldwings were built in America by Americans. Japanese law prohibited ANY motorcycle over 750cc from being built/owned or ridden in Japan.

So its was Japanese tech and American build.

I am 68 and the big deal was Triumphs , BSA , NORTON and then Bultacos for the dirt in my area . I almost bought a 250 ElTigre Bultaco street scrambler or was it a 360 Sherpa enduro . If my memory is working . Finally said , feck that , went to Zambons and picked out a brand new 1969 650 cc TR6C high piper with a skid plate and trials universal tires . First day I had it for a full day I was riding on the Lake Superior beach behind my parent house doing little jumps and ended up in Lake Superior .

I am 68 and the big deal was Triumphs , BSA , NORTON and then Bultacos for the dirt in my area . I almost bought a 250 ElTigre Bultaco street scrambler or was it a 360 Sherpa enduro . If my memory is working . Finally said , feck that , went to Zambons and picked out a brand new 1969 650 cc TR6C high piper with a skid plate and trials universal tires . First day I had it for a full day I was riding on the Lake Superior beach behind my parent house doing little jumps and ended up in Lake Superior .
59 here and where Japan made its entry was price. I had a buddy with a HD 350 scrambler but at twice the price.

New Topics

Forum List

Back