A new political phrase was coined today...

Quote: Originally Posted by SniperFire
Romney destroyed more than one Lefty meme tonight.

They will never be able to run with their 'tax breaks to ship jobs overseas' nonsense ever again, either.
Wrong, Obama has been out on the stump all day repeating that line, Of course still with out proving it.

You do get a deduction to move jobs overseas.

""Under present law, there are no specific tax credits or disallowances of deductions solely for locating jobs in the United States or overseas," the congressional Joint Committee on Taxation wrote in June to lawmakers sponsoring the proposed Bring Jobs Home Act.

The legislation, which failed to overcome a Republican filibuster in the Senate a month later, was designed to stop outsourcing and encourage American companies to move jobs back to the U.S.

So Romney was technically right in implying there is no special break.

But Obama didn't say it was a special break. He simply said companies could take a deduction if they moved jobs overseas. And on that point, he is right.

Don't you love how Romney admitted to outsourcing jobs during all this. He's such a shyster.

Obama, Romney both right (sort of) in debate clash on outsourcing - latimes.com

Ok so technically they were both right, but Obama was implying there was a tax break for outsourcing...which is wrong....and why wasnt this closed when the democrats controlled everything?

And using this article, first the amount saved is less than removing PBS tax subsidy, which Obama mocks....soooo
I'm in favor of changing the law on that, but since Harry Reid wont even bring up a budget, I doubt it will happen

Watching Obama was like watching Lindsay Lohan self-destruct.:smoke:

:lol::lol:

Can't get a good "morph" of Lohan and the President.

But here's one image that MIGHT suggest she's up for the next debate against Mitt:

lohanmouth.gif

Best one liner I heard today about the debate last night was a tweet from some wag during the debate to somebody.

It said -- directed to the President: "You finally got America to agree on something. You SUCK!"

obama will have to up his game for the next debate. Will he? obama thought his campaign speeches was enough to carry him. It wasn't. Will he buckle down and do what he needs to do? He might not. obama is so arrogant and entitled to the presidency he might not want to work that hard.

It's his own damn fault, and the fault of his handlers/advisers. I mean just look at the last 4 years. Obama has averaged 1 Press conference every 6 Months, He sticks to appearances on shows he knows will softball him, and his speaking engagements are almost always before either a Union Crowd, or a Crowd of College kids.

He has deliberately sheltered himself for the last 4 years from any tough Questions, Which made him utterly unprepared for the Debate. I doubt he can make up for the last 4 years of not being challenged before the next 2 debates.

What? The View wasn't good debate prep? :eusa_hand:

Trickle down government

If that's been used before I've never heard it. Great zinger

You'd have to be pretty stupid to find something that weak and meaningless amusing.

Zinger?

Nov. 6, 9pm is going to be a dark hour for you.

Well you think Obama was awesome in the debate and think whacko muslims want to kill Americans over a video, so your analysis isnt exactally top flight

Trickle down government

You'd have to be pretty stupid to find something that weak and meaningless amusing.

Zinger?

Well, I guess I'm stupid too. Not the first time I've heard that one, seriously.

I'm not voting for either guy, but I think the Republicans should run with that puppy. Going right at the opposition is usually pretty effective. And it makes just as much sense as "trickle down economics".

Trickle down government

Zinger?

Nov. 6, 9pm is going to be a dark hour for you.

It's no more stupid than trickle down economics.

Now go crawl in your hole and stare at your Obama poster some more troll

Ok so technically they were both right, but Obama was implying there was a tax break for outsourcing

No he wasn't. He did not say anything about a special tax break. He told the truth. Outsourcing companies can get a deduction like domestic companies can, which is wrong. Romney lied.

Forum List

Back