A new means to deny weapons

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
More than 800 gun buyers on terrorist watch list - Yahoo! News

Look they have found a new way to deny people weapons. Just put them on a secret list of supposed terrorists and then pass this new law.

No crime conviction needed, no need to get them involuntarily committed, just add the name to a list that has had so many false hits it is a national joke. You don't even know your on the secret list unless you try to buy a weapon after this law is passed.

And then YOU have to prove your not a terrorist or supporter of terrorists. The Government doesn't even have to do anything. They do not have to provide any material explaining why you are on the list and they do not have to justify your name being there.

What absolute BULLSHIT. No Constitutional protections at all. And this one is supported by the democrats so spare me the " Bush did it garbage"

Since when did it become acceptable to deny citizens their Constitutional rights because someone suspects they might do something or associate with someone?

Hey Jillian I am still waiting for you to provide a single name of someone effected by secret wire taps. On this one, as soon as the law passes YOUR democrats will be actively denying American Citizens their Constitutional rights. And I do not mean just the 2nd Amendment.

Look they have found a new way to deny people weapons. Just put them on a secret list of supposed terrorists and then pass this new law.

No crime conviction needed, no need to get them involuntarily committed, just add the name to a list that has had so many false hits it is a national joke. You don't even know your on the secret list unless you try to buy a weapon after this law is passed.

And then YOU have to prove your not a terrorist or supporter of terrorists. The Government doesn't even have to do anything. They do not have to provide any material explaining why you are on the list and they do not have to justify your name being there.

What absolute BULLSHIT. No Constitutional protections at all. And this one is supported by the democrats so spare me the " Bush did it garbage"

Since when did it become acceptable to deny citizens their Constitutional rights because someone suspects they might do something or associate with someone?

Hey Jillian I am still waiting for you to provide a single name of someone effected by secret wire taps. On this one, as soon as the law passes YOUR democrats will be actively denying American Citizens their Constitutional rights. And I do not mean just the 2nd Amendment.

I would love to see how they get around due process on this one.....

They already deny people on the list the right to fly with out any due process.

well, then,, what we do is just go buy one on the street. or run down to mexico and buy one,, ain't that where they are selling all the American guns,, down in Juarez? :lol::lol::lol:

The noose tightens.

And let's recall that it took a majority from BOTH parties to pass the patriot act, shall we?

Here in Arizona the gun shops are really hurting, one in my town that had been there 2 generations went under for good. Why? because this state allows undocumented sales between private citizens. As soon as the election was over the situation reversed becaused nobody wants their sale recorded. It used to be that one could save a little money buying from private individuals rather than a dealer. Now the dealer has better prices but they record the sale. Prices from individuals are up more than from dealers, which are up too.
Ammo prices are up too, as everyone knows. Ammo sales are only recorded in this state if it is handgun ammo or reloading supplies. There are no reloading suppiles to be had anywhere.
I wouldn't be surprised to find myself on a watch list. I fit some kind of profile, 50 white male, live in my rv, hold a hunting guide license, have held a hunting/fishing license since 1973, live in rural Arizona.
Come to think of it, I wouldn't be surprised to find everyone in my state outside of Flagstaff, Phoenix or Tucson on the list.
I believe that when they tore down the Berlin wall, they didn't actually destroy it. They moved it to the east bank of the Mississippi River.

and yet you people continue to join nra....one should be notified if placed on any list that will interfer with their ability to fly or buy legal weapons. Ammo is a joke, hard to find and costly when you do, certain pistols are going to be obsolete due to lack of ammo.

i think prior to and certainly after the elections, you had a lot of panic buying at gun shops. Any one serious is buying underground at this point. but i still dont see anyone holding out that long against the goverment....remember waco....ruby ridge....under democrats....i have faith in the ussc which has continued to reaffirm my right of protection and the 2nd adm

Did you even read the article you posted? Your implication is that this is something "new" imposed by the Obama administration. It is not. READ it again, Sarge.

Huh? As you guys like to say "only criminals will own guns if guns are outlawed," if criminals are breaking the law, they waive their right to implied due process.

Here in Arizona the gun shops are really hurting, one in my town that had been there 2 generations went under for good. Why? because this state allows undocumented sales between private citizens. As soon as the election was over the situation reversed becaused nobody wants their sale recorded. It used to be that one could save a little money buying from private individuals rather than a dealer. Now the dealer has better prices but they record the sale. Prices from individuals are up more than from dealers, which are up too.
Ammo prices are up too, as everyone knows. Ammo sales are only recorded in this state if it is handgun ammo or reloading supplies. There are no reloading suppiles to be had anywhere.
I wouldn't be surprised to find myself on a watch list. I fit some kind of profile, 50 white male, live in my rv, hold a hunting guide license, have held a hunting/fishing license since 1973, live in rural Arizona.
Come to think of it, I wouldn't be surprised to find everyone in my state outside of Flagstaff, Phoenix or Tucson on the list.
I believe that when they tore down the Berlin wall, they didn't actually destroy it. They moved it to the east bank of the Mississippi River.

Maybe if there weren't so many veiled threats such as yours, including people like you on a watch list wouldn't be necessary at all.

Maybe if there weren't so many veiled threats such as yours, including people like you on a watch list wouldn't be necessary at all.

Where is my threat? I wasn't aware i made a threat. I admit to being a threat to wild game, but then that's how i make my living......I'm a hunting and fishing guide. If you feel threatened by that then you have a real mental problem.

The same way the government gets around due process on everything else it gets around due process on. Semantics.

yes its bullshit but i don't think its new.

Alex Jones was talking about this in his "The Obama Deception" movie which i posted on this forum months ago ...

Well it's always a mistake to buy a gun from a retail source.

Best to keep it individual to individual...

Any law which attemtps to infringe on the means of an individual to purchase a firearm, cannot serve justice, thus is to be ignored.

I've never asked the government for permission to buy a firearm... and never will.

This one they can blame on Bush ... he started this idiocy.

Well it's always a mistake to buy a gun from a retail source.

Best to keep it individual to individual...

Any law which attemtps to infringe on the means of an individual to purchase a firearm, cannot serve justice, thus is to be ignored.

I've never asked the government for permission to buy a firearm... and never will.

I have to agree with you and frankly, that is a sad reality. We should not need to do this. Most of my purchases are individual, with a few exceptions.

Forum List

Back