A new maxim for politics

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
After thinking it over I have decided that my new maxim for the left might be, "I don't believe you." and "You are just spreading propaganda". After all that is what I have heard from a lot of lot of president Obama's and Democratic supporters on here when they are given actual documented and factual information.

Should one just start telling all the left leaning Obamites when they start giving out documented information, "We don't believe you", "This is just your propaganda"?

Is that a "progressive" thought process? We can "change". Truly I have "hope". I think there is a good possibility we can "spread the wealth" of power back to the people.

No one wants to admit they have been sold a pup. Especially given all the expectations they have in this case.
I have gone through this myself on a few occasions. You have high expectations and a huge investment in something, only to find that there is something fundamentally wrong with your assumptions.
So I think there is a great deal of fear of hearing "I told you so" and the hope that maybe, just maybe it might be for real, even with all the evidence to the contrary.

No one wants to admit they have been sold a pup. Especially given all the expectations they have in this case.
I have gone through this myself on a few occasions. You have high expectations and a huge investment in something, only to find that there is something fundamentally wrong with your assumptions.
So I think there is a great deal of fear of hearing "I told you so" and the hope that maybe, just maybe it might be for real, even with all the evidence to the contrary.
All the more reason not to use that phrase, "I told you so". There are so many other words that can be used though to tell people they have been sold a "pig in a poke". Hearing these people say they want someone with good speeches to insure they are getting someone with intelligence at the helm. We need to give them want they want to hear.

Forum List

Back