A new day is dawning for the gop

Notice how you completely ignore the fact that several of the moderators of this board are in fact LIBERALS. :cuckoo:

This has what to do with what? Considering Gunny put them there? Oh, I know, you are acknowledging that if a 'lib' had the control, they wouldn't be so 'stupid.' Gotcha.

Not sure I understand what you are saying here. My point was no one has a "NO LIBERALS ALLOWED" agenda on this board...like MM claimed in her little hissy fit..

Look, I probably wouldn't have said anything at all except that Gunny came after me several days ago in a private message and accused me of being a smartass over some mundane comment I made. I thereafter realized that there are a whole load of people who post here making far more smartass remarks than mine and would trump any comment that I would ever make. It seemed to me then, and it seems to me now, that Gunny is locked and loaded whenever he sees an evil liberal-esque posting and attacks the POSTER, not the message.

Nuff said.

Why does there have to be "control" over the conversation? That's my only point. I've debated where there's something legitimate to debate about. I don't post a bunch of driveling rhetorical talking points and expect that to be accepted as credible.

hey, chica... chill.

there's a difference between someone acting in the capacity of moderator/administrator... (where we have to be very careful to keep our opinions of people's politics out of what we do) and acting in our capacity as posters...

where we all get to say what we think of people's posts (within the bounds of decency and board rules).

fight with him about politics... not moderation on this board.... because you're still here... haven't been infracted or banned...

and the mods intentionally have pretty diverse politics.

sit back, have a seat and post... but don't tilt at windmills.

end of complaints about moderation. Right?

oh...and pm's are PRIVATE messages. you have an issue where someone abuses pm's... let us know. other than that... they're off limits to the board

as is complaining about moderator ACTION (not politics... but ACTION) publicly.

This has what to do with what? Considering Gunny put them there? Oh, I know, you are acknowledging that if a 'lib' had the control, they wouldn't be so 'stupid.' Gotcha.

Not sure I understand what you are saying here. My point was no one has a "NO LIBERALS ALLOWED" agenda on this board...like MM claimed in her little hissy fit..

Problem here is just another newby know-it-all talking out her ass. No one, since I became admin here, has been kicked off this board for their political beliefs. Bad manners? Yes. But not their political beliefs.

MM's eltist tagline says it all. SHe thinks she's smarter than the average bear. Been my observation the opposite is usually the case.

Well shucks, then I'll delete it just to make you happy. Maybe I'll choose some lyrics from a personal song that's meaningful to me.

Look, I probably wouldn't have said anything at all except that Gunny came after me several days ago in a private message and accused me of being a smartass over some mundane comment I made. I thereafter realized that there are a whole load of people who post here making far more smartass remarks than mine and would trump any comment that I would ever make. It seemed to me then, and it seems to me now, that Gunny is locked and loaded whenever he sees an evil liberal-esque posting and attacks the POSTER, not the message.

Nuff said.

and the problem with that is ? :lol:

This new day is not going to go well for the Republican Party because they are facing an awakening among the voters. This awakening began with the November election, and continues as the Congressional Republicans try to rename and sell the same tired policies of the past twenty-five plus years. These are the very policies that have brought America to the brink of ruin. More and more of the GOP rank and file are coming to realize that the party they have supported for decades have failed to serve and protect this nation and it’s people.
There are working and middle class Republican faithful that have lost much, but they still staunchly defend the GOP. As the new president and Democrat controlled Congress reverse and repair the devastation caused by Reaganomics and the policies it spawned, the number of these Republican faithful will diminish greatly, forcing that party to reevaluate their position and decide if they are going to reconnect with the American people, or keep trying to stay the course with their outdated policies and discriminatory loyalties.

This is a discussion board, not a fantasy board..

Discussing your stupid fantasies IS tedious but I hold out hope you will bump your head or we will discover a cure for terminal stupidity and we won't have to keep telling you that there is no god and the neo-cons chances of continuing to destroy our country are not likely.

Notice how you completely ignore the fact that several of the moderators of this board are in fact LIBERALS. :cuckoo:

Why does there have to be "control" over the conversation? That's my only point. I've debated where there's something legitimate to debate about. I don't post a bunch of driveling rhetorical talking points and expect that to be accepted as credible.

Huh? Who exerts control over the conversation? Moderators are simply in place to ensure the rules as posted aren't broken, threads are moved to their appropriate locations, and that there aren't 150 of the same identical thread, and that spam accounts are immediately shut down before they can get to the whole board.

And for the record, you're no better than the next person. You state that you only debate things that are legitimate.. You left out the part wherein in your spare time between "legitimate" posts, you insult people you don't know over their avatars in new members welcome threads.

:eusa_naughty::eusa_naughty:

The GOP isn't going away. However, it will become less relevant if it continues to retreat into a Southern conservative rump, which is a bad thing because the country needs two strong parties.

hey, chica... chill.

there's a difference between someone acting in the capacity of moderator/administrator... (where we have to be very careful to keep our opinions of people's politics out of what we do) and acting in our capacity as posters...

where we all get to say what we think of people's posts (within the bounds of decency and board rules).

fight with him about politics... not moderation on this board.... because you're still here... haven't been infracted or banned...

and the mods intentionally have pretty diverse politics.

sit back, have a seat and post... but don't tilt at windmills.

end of complaints about moderation. Right?

oh...and pm's are PRIVATE messages. you have an issue where someone abuses pm's... let us know. other than that... they're off limits to the board

as is complaining about moderator ACTION (not politics... but ACTION) publicly.

Points taken. I should have remembered there are always unwritten rules for everything. A newbie usually doesn't know who is a moderator and who isn't until s/he becomes more accustomed to this board, however. I even started a whole thread (I think in INTRODUCTIONS) praising the fact that at least this board IS monitored. Imagine that.

Points taken. I should have remembered there are always unwritten rules for everything. A newbie usually doesn't know who is a moderator and who isn't until s/he becomes more accustomed to this board, however. I even started a whole thread (I think in INTRODUCTIONS) praising the fact that at least this board IS monitored. Imagine that.

i think you'll find it very lightly moderated. but it IS moderated. And we're kind of sticklers about the few rules we do have being respected.

And that's non-partisan...across the board.

Enjoy.

Huh? Who exerts control over the conversation? Moderators are simply in place to ensure the rules as posted aren't broken, threads are moved to their appropriate locations, and that there aren't 150 of the same identical thread, and that spam accounts are immediately shut down before they can get to the whole board.

And for the record, you're no better than the next person. You state that you only debate things that are legitimate.. You left out the part wherein in your spare time between "legitimate" posts, you insult people you don't know over their avatars in new members welcome threads.

:eusa_naughty::eusa_naughty:

I did not insult anyone's PERSONAL avatar until "kitty-whatever" insulted ME by calling me a dried up haggie. I made a general comment about avatars with sexual images, period. See how distortions of information get started?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back