A new Contract "ON" America?

Seems to me we have two choices.

Under Obama and the Democrats my share of the National Debt as an American citizen is now $36,000 and rapidly climbing. So is yours. That means a family of four is in debt to the tune of around $144,000 even if you don't have a mortgage or car payment or credit card bills. And that is only if the debt is spread equally throughout the population. If assigned according to income/wealth, the better off you are, the more you owe of the debt.

Those paying little or nothing in Federal taxes have no effective obligation for the debt and however much in taxes or whatever the government spends affects them not at all. Unless of course they are the beneficiary of that.

So there's your choices. Ever bigger, further reaching, more expensive government until the nation collapses under the weight of the debt, or vote for those who pledge common sense, fiscal prudence, moral responsibility, and integrity.

The poor, the lazy, those who feel entitled will of course vote what they think is in their own interest which means they don't care about anything but what the government says it will do for them.

God help us if there aren't enough of us who want to rein in the government and get back to people having ability to do for themselves.

If you look at it like that, the Contract With America is a no brainer. You go with that.

Exactly. There is no "free lunch". Until someone actually drives the bus it is still heading for the cliff. "Drivers Wanted".

Because the regulation is neither stopping the nonsense (think Sarbanes-Oxley and fraud) nor providing a business friendly environment. It's stifling growth.

To date, NO ONE has logically explained how growth is being stifled when you have corporations OUT SOURCING JOBS, AND GETTING TAX BREAKS TO DO IT!

Get the picture? They're just bitching about ANY regulation that makes them accountable to the very people who buy their products and work for them IN THEIR HOME COUNTRY.

Your response is "well, corruption is continuing"......well, factor in WHEN the new regulations (if the GOP allows any) will officially enact, and you'll see how wrong your assertion is.

Why even have a conversation with someone else? You have already decided what I'm going to say.

Why not just admit that you can't logically or factually refute what I'm saying instead of bluffing?

Isn't it amazing how some on these boards will defend to the death the policies of the current neocon driven GOP, yet turn around and condemn 8 years of the Shrub as not "true conservatives"...as if the current GOP isn't the EXACT same BS from those 8 years?

Maybe that is why the Tea Party is so popular? Just saying.

True. Bush added too many new "unpaid for" entitlements, like the prescription benefit. Bush also signed the "American Jobs Creation Act" that basically gave tax credits to move factories overseas. Seems odd that 2-years after the new "jobs creation act" that the economy tanked with 10% unemployment? It serves the GOP right to have to slither out of DC as the economy crashed around them. Pity Barney Frank and Obama couldn't get the blame for Fannie & Freddie failing. The DC whores from BOTH parties helped cause the financial collapse. Remember Clinton's "Community Reinvestment Act" giving mortgages to the unqualified? Just sayin.

True enough! What gets me is the sheer stupidity and hypocrisy of the Tea Party folk....who when pressed will grudgingly admit SOME fault of the Shrub's 8 years.....yet turn right around and defend to the death the regurgitation of those very same policies by the current GOP...which they will vote for in lock step.

Seems to me we have two choices.

Under Obama and the Democrats my share of the National Debt as an American citizen is now $36,000 and rapidly climbing. So is yours. That means a family of four is in debt to the tune of around $144,000 even if you don't have a mortgage or car payment or credit card bills. And that is only if the debt is spread equally throughout the population. If assigned according to income/wealth, the better off you are, the more you owe of the debt.

Those paying little or nothing in Federal taxes have no effective obligation for the debt and however much in taxes or whatever the government spends affects them not at all. Unless of course they are the beneficiary of that.

So there's your choices. Ever bigger, further reaching, more expensive government until the nation collapses under the weight of the debt, or vote for those who pledge common sense, fiscal prudence, moral responsibility, and integrity.

The poor, the lazy, those who feel entitled will of course vote what they think is in their own interest which means they don't care about anything but what the government says it will do for them.

God help us if there aren't enough of us who want to rein in the government and get back to people having ability to do for themselves.

If you look at it like that, the Contract With America is a no brainer. You go with that.

What a bunch of malarky you just laid out, Foxy. I defy you to document the EXACT plans of the Contract With America that do just as you say.....NOT YOUR interpretation, mind you. Show us where it's in the "contract". I'll wait....because to date NONE of the GOP defenders and Obama haters can logically explain how in the hell outsourcing jobs and getting tax breaks to do so is a good thing for the Americans needing jobs!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back