A New Constitution?

They knew a week out that Katrina was heading there way. Continue on with the false outrage though. It's comical.

What's that I hear? Texas asking the Federal government for help with fires? North Dakota looking for emergency money to help with flood waters?

How many Americans died during these disasters? Wait a minute, how many Americans died wallowing in flood waters while Obama was President?

How many during Bush? Over 1,500.

Yeah..it's comical alright. Comedy gold.

Hecka of a job, Brownie.

I guess you give Katheline Blanco a free pass then right? Because it was the slow response of local and state governments that doomed some of those citizens.
Also, according to your logic, would the BP oil spill not fall on Obama? Being that the well was far enough off the coast to require an immediate response from the federal government and Obama did nothing for 3 weeks. Does he get a free pass on this also just as Blanco got??
Pretty hypocritical Sallow, hypocritical indeed.
And dont forget the oil skimmers from other countries who volunteered to come and help clean it up that Obama told to stay away.

So after the San Francisco quake you'd have left them to fester for a week or two?

That's some hard love.. :lol:

Blame the Democrat leadership, they where in charge of LA at the time.
Correct. Remember Ray Nagin? And THIS:

buses.jpg

As he cursed Bush for not sending help? (Nevermind he knew as anyone did when it was going to hit and had plenty time to prepare).

Ah revisionist history. And so soon after the event too.

For those who were paying attention and remember this event, it was not the hurricane that caused the problems. It was the levies. The city and state weathered the hurricane just fine. That's what was predicted and they were up to the challenge. Absolutely no predicted the levies would fail and flood the city. THAT was when the Federal government should have stepped in, but they didn't. Instead, apparently, they were sitting around waiting for a phone call from a group of people who had no phones any more.

..................levies that were built by the federal government. What beautiful irony.

..................levies that were built by the federal government. What beautiful irony.

Now you're bashing the military? And on the 4th?

Wow ...

:evil:

Lol!! Nice try at creating some more trumped up melodrama.

You do know who built the levies, right? And you do know to what level of hurricane they were built to withstand, right?

Or are you just tossing out insults without know what you're talking about?

Since that would be us; you're right. LOL.

Okay...well, get ready of more of the same then; The NFL changed it's rules when the life expectancy of it's players began to be effected. Its' called being proactive.

According to you, we won't change the rules because our current scholars and citizenry have never faced a domineering threat or manifest oppression.

The only word is "wow"; and not the good sort of "wow" either.

By the time you get through reading this, if you believe some sources, the national debt would have increased by $60,000. By the time you refresh the screen, it would have increased by about $5,000.

<saracasm>
Yeah, I see no need to change a thing.

No need to create any melodrama but again there is nothing wrong with the constitution. Our biggest mistake is moving so far away from the constitution. If we moved back towards it, a lot of our problems would disappear.

Really...whose violating it today that is causing trillions of dollars in debt, You'll say welfare of course. Thats fine. But that ambiguity is what leads to such interpretations where spending on public assistance is A-OK.

Here, take this test:

Dirty Spending Secrets

All of it legal; thanks to the ambiguous Constitution allowing politicians to take full advantage of every loophole.

Well, if you insist. Let's see, uncontrolled spending, stimuli, social engineering/programs, never ending costly wars......

What's that I hear? Texas asking the Federal government for help with fires? North Dakota looking for emergency money to help with flood waters?

How many Americans died during these disasters? Wait a minute, how many Americans died wallowing in flood waters while Obama was President?

How many during Bush? Over 1,500.

Yeah..it's comical alright. Comedy gold.

Hecka of a job, Brownie.

I guess you give Katheline Blanco a free pass then right? Because it was the slow response of local and state governments that doomed some of those citizens.
Also, according to your logic, would the BP oil spill not fall on Obama? Being that the well was far enough off the coast to require an immediate response from the federal government and Obama did nothing for 3 weeks. Does he get a free pass on this also just as Blanco got??
Pretty hypocritical Sallow, hypocritical indeed.
And dont forget the oil skimmers from other countries who volunteered to come and help clean it up that Obama told to stay away.

So after the San Francisco quake you'd have left them to fester for a week or two?

That's some hard love.. :lol:

For once can we stop comparing Apples and Oranges?

Katrina missed New Orleans...It hit Mississippi. What failed in NO was the levy system which is the purview of the Corps of Engineers; a federal department. Now, does that excuse the state and local officials? No. But when an "Incident of National Significance" is declared, under the Stafford Act, it basically becomes a federal show on the response side.

So the Corps of Engineers levy gave way--federal.
After a disaster was declared, it became a federally directed response.
My big question was why the trains were not employed to move hundreds if not thousands of passengers out of harm's way; NO has a great rail system that many southern cities do not. Nobody rides Amtrak anyhow???.

In San Francisco, there is little that the Corps can do to prevent earthquakes. "The first 72 are on you" is the popular OEM saying out there.

Stop sniping and learn something.

No need to create any melodrama but again there is nothing wrong with the constitution. Our biggest mistake is moving so far away from the constitution. If we moved back towards it, a lot of our problems would disappear.

Really...whose violating it today that is causing trillions of dollars in debt, You'll say welfare of course. Thats fine. But that ambiguity is what leads to such interpretations where spending on public assistance is A-OK.

Here, take this test:

Dirty Spending Secrets

All of it legal; thanks to the ambiguous Constitution allowing politicians to take full advantage of every loophole.

Well, if you insist. Let's see, uncontrolled spending, stimuli, social engineering/programs, never ending costly wars......

And what part of it is illegal? None of it. We've always had some waste but not cartoonish figures like we see today.

Cop out.

Now you're bashing the military? And on the 4th?

Wow ...

:evil:

Lol!! Nice try at creating some more trumped up melodrama.

You do know who built the levies, right? And you do know to what level of hurricane they were built to withstand, right?

Or are you just tossing out insults without know what you're talking about?

Corp of Engineers. They built hundreds of levees dating back to the 1800's. For the most part they've done a good job. I have a couple of friends that work for the corp and they're a professional group.

Here, take this test:

Dirty Spending Secrets

And what part of it is illegal? None of it. We've always had some waste but not cartoonish figures like we see today.

Cop out.

Seriously? You think it's okay to spend us into oblivion. That's not a cop out. That's the US cruising off the cliff into the abyss.

Blame the Democrat leadership, they where in charge of LA at the time.
Correct. Remember Ray Nagin? And THIS:

buses.jpg

As he cursed Bush for not sending help? (Nevermind he knew as anyone did when it was going to hit and had plenty time to prepare).

Ah revisionist history. And so soon after the event too.

For those who were paying attention and remember this event, it was not the hurricane that caused the problems. It was the levies. The city and state weathered the hurricane just fine. That's what was predicted and they were up to the challenge. Absolutely no predicted the levies would fail and flood the city. THAT was when the Federal government should have stepped in, but they didn't. Instead, apparently, they were sitting around waiting for a phone call from a group of people who had no phones any more.

Jaysus Don'tbeStupid. how stupid can you be? the levee's would not have failed but a category 4 or 5 hurricain hit the city of new orleans for you to sit there and say they weathered the hurricaine just fine is just plain stupid.

the levee's would not have failed but a category 4 or 5 hurricain hit the city of new orleans for you to sit there and say they weathered the hurricaine just fine is just plain stupid.

You'll just makeup any ole thing to try and insult me, won't you?

I never said the levies weathered the hurricane fine. Clearly I said the opposite. My point was that the city and state were prepared for the hurricane and when it hit, the city and state did their job. NO ONE was expecting the levies to fail. NO ONE. So when they did, it caught the city and state by surprise and they were overwhelmed. Once the city and state are overwhelmed, the Feds should go in. No need for a phone call asking them to.

the levee's would not have failed but a category 4 or 5 hurricain hit the city of new orleans for you to sit there and say they weathered the hurricaine just fine is just plain stupid.

You'll just makeup any ole thing to try and insult me, won't you?

I never said the levies weathered the hurricane fine. Clearly I said the opposite. My point was that the city and state were prepared for the hurricane and when it hit, the city and state did their job. NO ONE was expecting the levies to fail. NO ONE. So when they did, it caught the city and state by surprise and they were overwhelmed. Once the city and state are overwhelmed, the Feds should go in. No need for a phone call asking them to.

You said the City of New Orleans weathered the hurricaine just fine. Clearly they did not. The hurricaine caused the levee's to break and the city was flooded. And fuck no the city and state did not do their job. President Bush had to call Blanco and tell her to evacuate the city.

Cop out.

Seriously? You think it's okay to spend us into oblivion. That's not a cop out. That's the US cruising off the cliff into the abyss.

Seriously? It's not okay; that is why I want to change the constitution. You, apparently, are quite happy with the status quo, anything goes. If you're not, you need to change the game. In the game of federal politics, the only thing that matters is the Constitution.

Like it or not, some crackpot district somewhere will give you an Anthony Weiner or Cynthia Mckinney or Ron Paul. Nothing you can do about it in our current system (I have a plan for that too) except mitigate the actions of the fools who were elected. Only one way to do that; the constitution.

Cop out.

Seriously? It's not okay; that is why I want to change the constitution. You, apparently, are quite happy with the status quo, anything goes. If you're not, you need to change the game. In the game of federal politics, the only thing that matters is the Constitution.

Like it or not, some crackpot district somewhere will give you an Anthony Weiner or Cynthia Mckinney or Ron Paul. Nothing you can do about it in our current system (I have a plan for that too) except mitigate the actions of the fools who were elected. Only one way to do that; the constitution.

Why change a masterpiece? Plus, politicians have already established that they're not going to follow the original document.

I'll start by offering two new preambles:

1. We the property owners of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish rules, ensure domestic responsibility, and provide for the defense of our valuables, promote commerce and secure the blessings of our untaxed income for our kids alone, do ordain and establish this Article of Faith in our Creator. Let no man question our authority for Ignorance is Strength. AMEN.

OR,

2. WE The People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Best leave well done alone. A new Constitution would be adorned with advertisments, "Article I brought to you by "Clean Coal, for all your energy needs".

I'll start by offering two new preambles:

1. We the property owners of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish rules, ensure domestic responsibility, and provide for the defense of our valuables, promote commerce and secure the blessings of our untaxed income for our kids alone, do ordain and establish this Article of Faith in our Creator. Let no man question our authority for Ignorance is Strength. AMEN.

OR,

2. WE The People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Best leave well done alone. A new Constitution would be adorned with advertisments, "Article I brought to you by "Clean Coal, for all your energy needs".

Nice, WC!!

Why change a masterpiece? Plus, politicians have already established that they're not going to follow the original document.

:lol: Okay whatever.

You said the City of New Orleans weathered the hurricaine just fine. Clearly they did not. The hurricaine caused the levee's to break and the city was flooded. And fuck no the city and state did not do their job. President Bush had to call Blanco and tell her to evacuate the city.

Clearly you are unaware that there were two incidents. Perhaps you should read up some history and then we can talk about this.

Forum List

Back