A new advertisement banner is causing me problems.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
It started earlier this week. It's at the top of every page and it's so large that it either makes the actual Web page shift to the left and makes it tiny. Or, I have to scroll left or right because the page bounces around.

I'm on a Samsung Edge phone btw

Why are you so concerned about ad banners, when Planned Parenthood is KILLING BABIES!!! :eek:

But seriously just get ad block plus.

oops missed the phone part, try this ............

Download: AdBlock Plus releases an ad-blocking browser app for Android
May 20th 2015 by Quentyn Kennemer

AdBlock has never been in the browser business beyond providing plugins to help you get rid of ads, but the company is breaking the mold with their latest app. They have released a beta version of AdBlock Browser for Android.

The premise and promise are simple: you browse the web, except you do so without any ads mucking up the experience. Early usage reports suggest it’s just as fast and capable at browsing the modern mobile web as Google Chrome and Firefox Mobile, so there shouldn’t be any qualms using it if you value it for its ability to block ads.

So how can you get it on your phone? AdBlock has provided a direct download to the app through their Google+ community while they await Google’s green light on putting it up in the Google Play Store as an opt-in beta app.

As such, all you’ll need to do is make sure you enable the ability to install third-party applications on your phone, and install the app like you would any other. They even have a handy QR code to take you straight to the download on your phone so you won’t have to deal with wonky file transfers. Be sure to give it a try!

Last time I tried adblock plus on my Samsung tablet it was more headache that it was worth.

I do use avg privacy fix, which is free and it helps. Doesn't block them all but cuts down on the intrusive ones.

Need a link to jail break or root it??
I installed the app & set the proxy as instructed but nothing has changed.
Dunno what jail break means. I'm on Tmobile if it matters

No you don't need to root it, that would be only if your carrier did not let you install 3rd party software.

Did you enable an add database to block, browser ABP do not have a default list of ads to block but can be enabled in settings.

You can also right click on the ad, will get a context menu which will have add banner ad to ad block plus.

No you don't need to root it, that would be only if your carrier did not let you install 3rd party software.

Did you enable an add database to block, browser ABP do not have a default list of ads to block but can be enabled in settings.

You can also right click on the ad, will get a context menu which will have add banner ad to ad block plus.
OK thanks. But one question. How exactly do I right click on an ad on my phone?

Use yer phone to call Best Buy, axe 'em for directions and go buy a real computer. :eusa_shifty:

I dunno from phones, I use a laptop with ABP enabled and I've never seen such a banner. Other than some search terms in a grey bar at the bottom I don't get any kind of ads at all.

Use yer phone to call Best Buy, axe 'em for directions and go buy a real computer. :eusa_shifty:

I dunno from phones, I use a laptop with ABP enabled and I've never seen such a banner. Other than some search terms in a grey bar at the bottom I don't get any kind of ads at all.
I have a real pc, quite a nice one too.....At home. I'm rarely there.

I have a real pc, quite a nice one too.....At home. I'm rarely there.

I built the one I am posting off of.

Bought the components, case, power supply, mother board, RAM, etc and custom built this one ..........

I can't get it to work.

It told me to name the proxy "localhost"

I tried but it doesn't seem to work. Not sure if I entered it correctly. I tried...
Proxy.localhost.com
Localhost
Www.localhost.com

Bout to give up

Forum List

Back