A Nation Divided Theory

Jul 24, 2004
I believe the Democratic party is resonsible for the polarization in the U.S. and here is my theory...

We have all heard how President George W. Bush has divided and polarized this great nation. I think about how we bonded as a nation on Sept. 11th of 2001, and become confused and at times angry when I see how quickly this changed because of Iraq. Many Democrats called President Bush a liar, no wait, he is currently misleading America about why we are in Iraq. After the 9-11 Commision report came out, we found President Bush was not to blame for faulty intelligence, and neither was anyone else. Instead of supporting President Bush on this particular issue, democrats decided to make this issue political and attack the President thus dividing the nation. Democrats missed the opportunity to keep America united by portraying a strong and united nation that stands behind the decisions made by our commander-in-chief.

President Bush has been open and sincere on his stance on this issue. In contrast the democrats have picked John Kerry to represent their party in a bid for the presidency, one who has changed his mind too damn often with his day-to-day stance on Iraq. Pessimism is like a contagious virus, affecting Americans uneducated on issues. I use the term uneducated because I believe to become educated one must #1 be open-minded and #2 be able to look at all sides of an issue before taking a position. John Kerry and his misguided colleagues continute spread negative images/thoughts of this "unjust war" thus confusing people and dividing them at the same time.
This is my theory, sorry about the length I have a lot built up and I needed to vent.

AequitasVeritas said:
I believe the Democratic party is resonsible for the polarization in the U.S. and here is my theory...

We have all heard how President George W. Bush has divided and polarized this great nation. I think about how we bonded as a nation on Sept. 11th of 2001, and become confused and at times angry when I see how quickly this changed because of Iraq. Many Democrats called President Bush a liar, no wait, he is currently misleading America about why we are in Iraq. After the 9-11 Commision report came out, we found President Bush was not to blame for faulty intelligence, and neither was anyone else. Instead of supporting President Bush on this particular issue, democrats decided to make this issue political and attack the President thus dividing the nation. Democrats missed the opportunity to keep America united by portraying a strong and united nation that stands behind the decisions made by our commander-in-chief.

President Bush has been open and sincere on his stance on this issue. In contrast the democrats have picked John Kerry to represent their party in a bid for the presidency, one who has changed his mind too damn often with his day-to-day stance on Iraq. Pessimism is like a contagious virus, affecting Americans uneducated on issues. I use the term uneducated because I believe to become educated one must #1 be open-minded and #2 be able to look at all sides of an issue before taking a position. John Kerry and his misguided colleagues continute spread negative images/thoughts of this "unjust war" thus confusing people and dividing them at the same time.
This is my theory, sorry about the length I have a lot built up and I needed to vent.

I agree with much of your post but you have to realize that money and power are at stake here. The once varied politcal issues have slowly melted into only 2 viable choices with neither side willing to compromise. Winning is what's important here. If war cannot unite America, I have no idea what can.

Forum List

Back