A Name for Health Care Mandate

Lionel

Rookie
Jul 6, 2012
I will introduce my self with what I think of the current discussion on what to call the Health Care mandate. Chief Justice called it Tax. President Obama calls it a Penalty. Mr. Mr. Romney called it a Penalty yesterday and a Tax this morning and the man is not sure what to call it in the afternoon. What does it relly matter what one calls it? What is sad is people with insurance and those who want to buy it are getting confused. Some of them think they have to pay this too. Why is it that no one has the guts to say that it does not matter a dam what it is called? Just that all free riders have to pay some thing if they can afford so, we don't have to pay their darn bills when they end up in emergency rooms? Your Comments Please.

It should be called what it is, RomneyCare.
He should be proud, he might not get to be president but he has already left a legacy to the nation.....

I will introduce my self with what I think of the current discussion on what to call the Health Care mandate. Chief Justice called it Tax. President Obama calls it a Penalty. Mr. Mr. Romney called it a Penalty yesterday and a Tax this morning and the man is not sure what to call it in the afternoon. What does it relly matter what one calls it? What is sad is people with insurance and those who want to buy it are getting confused. Some of them think they have to pay this too. Why is it that no one has the guts to say that it does not matter a dam what it is called? Just that all free riders have to pay some thing if they can afford so, we don't have to pay their darn bills when they end up in emergency rooms? Your Comments Please.

Whatever it's called, will not change the reality that there will still be those that will remain uninsured, just as surely as there are those that do not even file Tax Returns. We will still pay for them. I believe that the Controlling Authorities want a bigger pool to draw from to cover the void created by their failed management policies. Puppet Masters are funny that way. This has nothing to do with better health care.

He should be proud, he might not get to be president but he has already left a legacy to the nation.....

State Mandates and Federal Mandates used to be different things. They used to play by different rules, idb, until the Federal Government Usurped State Authority, Arbitrarily, Now eat your Farina.

You must love the idea of putting more bureaucrats in between you and your doctor. Then in true fashion you fail to mention all the free premiums that will be handed out.

If people cant afford health insurance, Just what the fuck do you think increasing the costs will do?

More government freebees.

That's just stupid since Mr. Romney didn't sign it into law. It is what it is. It's OBAMATAX

That's just stupid since Mr. Romney didn't sign it into law. It is what it is. It's OBAMATAX

Romney (R), the guy you plan on voting for, called it a 'penalty' :eusa_whistle: :eusa_boohoo: DEAL W/ IT WILLOW!!! :mad: :lol: :cool:

but JOHN the SUPREME guy called it a TAX deal with it dotpig.

Welcome to USMB, Lionel. Hope you enjoy the boards. :)

SCOTUS has ruled and that is all that matters. ACA is law, period. The GOP and the Dems have to deal with it as law, for good or bad.

Whatever it's called, will not change the reality that there will still be those that will remain uninsured, just as surely as there are those that do not even file Tax Returns. We will still pay for them. I believe that the Controlling Authorities want a bigger pool to draw from to cover the void created by their failed management policies. Puppet Masters are funny that way. This has nothing to do with better health care.

This is an astute observation ... and one too few seem to understand.

I would add that common sense seems to suffer when people embrace the idea that health care cost are too high, so the best thing to do is to add layers of government bureaucracy and it's associated Billions on top to make it more affordable.

With an estimated 750,000 people dying each year as a result of health care ... 200,000+ of them from prescription medications taken as directed, it floors me that the entire debate about health care reform consists of who pays, and how we can force everyone into participation, rather than ask the simple question ... "what are we actually getting in return for those obscene costs".

Of course, the good news is 5,000 new IRS enforcement agents will be added to the federal budget to assist their fellow Americans in managing a little more of their disposable income. Oh Joy!

This is an astute observation ... and one too few seem to understand.

I would add that common sense seems to suffer when people embrace the idea that health care cost are too high, so the best thing to do is to add layers of government bureaucracy and it's associated Billions on top to make it more affordable.

With an estimated 750,000 people dying each year as a result of health care ... 200,000+ of them from prescription medications taken as directed, it floors me that the entire debate about health care reform consists of who pays, and how we can force everyone into participation, rather than ask the simple question ... "what are we actually getting in return for those obscene costs".

Of course, the good news is 5,000 new IRS enforcement agents will be added to the federal budget to assist their fellow Americans in managing a little more of their disposable income. Oh Joy!

Of course, the good news is 5,000 new IRS enforcement agents will be added to the federal budget
All heil the true Job Creators!!!

I call it an abuse of the power to tax. The Court was right in recognizing that we have long used taxation for behavior modification, but they were wrong to endorse it and allow the practice to continue. If a certain behavior is wrong then we should make it illegal with a real law and enforce it with real penalties.

Tax incentives are used to dictate all kinds of behavior that the government has no business controlling, yet they do. We are 'mandated' to maintain home mortgage debt, raise children, invest in "green" technology, etc, etc... The one silver lining of Obama's equivocation regarding the insurance mandate is that it highlights discriminatory taxation for what it is - a duplicitous end-run around constitutionally limited government. It's time to put a stop to the practice once and for all.

Last edited:
The law creates many new taxes. If you don't buy the mandated health insurance, you are taxed. If you do buy it, there's a new federal tax on that. If you buy a perscription they tax it. If you buy medical devices, theres a new federal tax on those too. And on and on and on. Many examples. The whole thing is just a scheme to tax everyone alot more.

Forum List

Back