A must see!

jimnyc said:
Coming from me this is a shock but this will make anyone with half a heart think twice about drinking and driving. The band is called 'Simple Plan' and the latest video is called 'Untitled'. It's the first download on this page. Download it, it's worth it.

http://media.simpleplanonline.com/mvideos.php

Damn. If I can get the ok, I'm going to show this to the 8th graders. Damn.

Kathianne said:
Damn. If I can get the ok, I'm going to show this to the 8th graders. Damn.

I just watched it again. What an awesome video AND song. The way, as they call it, they show the 'ripple effect' is amazing. As the impact occurs it shows the entire family suffering as a result. VERY strong message and well produced video.

Good video Jim! I have lost a lot of friends this way, which is why I don't drink and drive!

That was a great video, I'm not a Simple Plan fan, but that was a very well done, moving video.

It was a little distracting at the end, when you see that song is from an album titled "Still Not Getting Any", though.

It's a shame that that video probably won't get much airplay at all. Another band, Good Charlotte, put out a video about a year ago that dealt with suicide, most of the video being families sharing stories about a particular member of the family (brother, father, son, etc.) who killed themselves. The video ended with this woman talking about her son who killed himself in his car, she looks at the camera and says "he told me he was just going out for cigarettes. That was four years ago, I'm still waiting for him to come home". It was really moving, and every time I saw it on MTV, they cut that part out, because, I guess, they don't want to bum out all the 13 year olds watching TRL every night. If I can remember the name of that Good Charlotte song, I'll try to find the video.

Wow. Incredible.

I hope this gets a lot of air-time. The song itself is pretty decent (should work well with their fan base) and if half the people who watch it get the message from the video also, it might do some good.

Bravo to you Kathianne! Spread the word and maybe more teachers will show this to their students!!

Very cool. I love how they portrayed all her loved ones being thrown around in their houses. It really shows how they were thrust into the collision, too, even though they weren't in the car. Very moving.

They are playing the song on the radio right now. Say it's their "new" release.

Maybe it will get a lot of air/video play.

Forum List

Back