A Must Read For ALL Americans

I don't care what side of the fence you are on, if you are not horrified by this, then you are one disturbed individual. This is exactly what the Nazi's did - how can anyone not denounce these actions? This organization should be seized and shut down as it is a very serious threat to all American's and our liberties...

Media Matters Memo | Private Investigators | Fox News Employees | The Daily Caller

Well, Fox is protected under the First Amendment, and they won in court the right to lie on their 'news' casts.

I don't care what side of the fence you are on, if you are not horrified by this, then you are one disturbed individual. This is exactly what the Nazi's did - how can anyone not denounce these actions? This organization should be seized and shut down as it is a very serious threat to all American's and our liberties...
Fox "News" is a major source of extreme and often fabricated (if not maliciously distorted) neo-Conservative propaganda. As for your comparison with the Nazi propaganda machine, while that comparison is somewhat valid, a more accurate comparison with the Fox methodology would be the Ministry of Truth in Orwell's Nineteen Eighty Four.

As for the legal issue; when I applied for my civil service position I had to sign a waiver permitting New York City to thoroughly investigate my background. I was rather surprised to learn that a detective did in fact conduct an investigation which included interviewing friends, neighbors, former neighbors, schoolteachers and former employers. Later, I was even asked about a three day A.W.O.L. during military service that I failed to mention on my initial questionnaire.

Bottom line is your complaint does not acknowledge the routine waiver of privacy rights which you may rest assured is obtained by any entity who wishes to conduct more than a superficial (public information) background investigation. That waiver renders the investigation immune to any legal challenge.

Wow - are you seriously trying to imply that Fox News anchors signed a waiver permitting Media Matters the right to investigate them?!?! How does your example - of you trying to get a job with a goverment agency - apply in any capacity to this story of Media Matters stalking and trying to discredit Fox News and their anchors? Fox News anchors are not trying to get jobs with Media Matters and Media Matters is not a government entity anyway.
There is a basic principle in civil law which you apparently are not aware of. Fox News, because of its very nature, is not a private entity, nor are its broadcast personalities or guests who willingly appear in its broadcasts entitled to ordinary privacy protections. All are public figures who do not enjoy the same protections as do ordinary private citizens. So no privacy waivers are needed. They are fair game.

By the way, how exactly does Fox News "fabricate" news when they have video on the news stories?[...]
Creative editing.

I'm not suggesting everything Fox News puts forth is false. But they seem to adhere to the technique recommended by Josef Goebbels, who was Hitler's minister of propaganda, which is, "Wrapping a major lie in a coating of minor truths vastly aids digestion." Rush Limbaugh seems to follow that advice rather closely, too.

Goebbels also said, "Any lie, if repeated often enough, is eventually accepted as truth."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back