A Must Read For ALL Americans

Are you too partisan to realize that this piece is exactly the kind of dirt MM hoped to dig up from Fox? Someone paid someone else to dig up dirt on MM for use against them. The media is uniformly devious in it's methods, if this is wrong for MM then it is wrong for the Caller.

Um, there is a monumental difference between exposing facts and manufacturing false information (ie propaganda)! Who is the partisan one here? Someone exposing an internal memo by media matters is a far cry from stalking people at another organization and trying to "discredit" them.

Got any evidence they actually did anything? You do not, but you are really hot for the government to destroy them, to silence them. No laws have been broken even if they did all this, quit calling for the government to assault the rights of people you disagree with.

Ah, yes - the liberal mantra. *Lets wait until after everyone is dead before we do anything. *Don't try to stop a murder before it happens, wait unti after. *Don't have security before 9/11, wait until after 3,000 American's are dead (and even then, cry "racism" and "profiling" when someone tries to take action).

I adamantley oppose government getting invovled in our lives, and adamently oppose them trying to silence anyone. *However, when you have an organization who is CAUGHT red handed discussing their nefarious plans, then yes, I'd say it's time to take action. *Do I have any proof? *Yes, I have them in documents discussing the illegal activities they plan to under take. *Would you advocate action of e-mails are found between two students discussing shooting up their school or bombing their school? *Exactly...

Um, there is a monumental difference between exposing facts and manufacturing false information (ie propaganda)! Who is the partisan one here? Someone exposing an internal memo by media matters is a far cry from stalking people at another organization and trying to "discredit" them.

Got any evidence they actually did anything? You do not, but you are really hot for the government to destroy them, to silence them. No laws have been broken even if they did all this, quit calling for the government to assault the rights of people you disagree with.

Ah, yes - the liberal mantra. *Lets wait until after everyone is dead before we do anything. *Don't try to stop a murder before it happens, wait unti after. *Don't have security before 9/11, wait until after 3,000 American's are dead (and even then, cry "racism" and "profiling" when someone tries to take action).

I adamantley oppose government getting invovled in our lives, and adamently oppose them trying to silence anyone. *However, when you have an organization who is CAUGHT red handed discussing their nefarious plans, then yes, I'd say it's time to take action. *Do I have any proof? *Yes, I have them in documents discussing the illegal activities they plan to under take. *Would you advocate action of e-mails are found between two students discussing shooting up their school or bombing their school? *Exactly...

Are you still thinking that any of this is illegal in any way? If it is not illegal then what, exactly, do you want the authority figures to do? Investigative journalism is under enough of an attack already, last year was a banner year for official arrests, beatings and killings of journalists worldwide, sounds like you want more of that.

I don't care what side of the fence you are on, if you are not horrified by this, then you are one disturbed individual. This is exactly what the Nazi's did - how can anyone not denounce these actions? This organization should be seized and shut down as it is a very serious threat to all American's and our liberties...
Fox "News" is a major source of extreme and often fabricated (if not maliciously distorted) neo-Conservative propaganda. As for your comparison with the Nazi propaganda machine, while that comparison is somewhat valid, a more accurate comparison with the Fox methodology would be the Ministry of Truth in Orwell's Nineteen Eighty Four.

As for the legal issue; when I applied for my civil service position I had to sign a waiver permitting New York City to thoroughly investigate my background. I was rather surprised to learn that a detective did in fact conduct an investigation which included interviewing friends, neighbors, former neighbors, schoolteachers and former employers. Later, I was even asked about a three day A.W.O.L. during military service that I failed to mention on my initial questionnaire.

Bottom line is your complaint does not acknowledge the routine waiver of privacy rights which you may rest assured is obtained by any entity who wishes to conduct more than a superficial (public information) background investigation. That waiver renders the investigation immune to any legal challenge.
Yeah. Can you tell me which Fox News employees signed a Media Matters waiver?

Holy shit.........there are some really limited people here.
Yes. And they don't see anything wrong with acting like petulant children and going after the private lives of people they disagree with.

liberals-yeah-liberals-are-like-that-political-poster-1280929332.jpg

Yes. And they don't see anything wrong with acting like petulant children and going after the private lives of people they disagree with.

Are you just now discovering what journalists do? It sure seems like it. Journalists are professional busybodies, they pry and dig for the information we consume. Your reaction to this story is the very reason why so many countries do not have the press freedom we have, authoritarians know the power of the media and cannot bear not having control over it.

Are you just now discovering what journalists do? It sure seems like it. Journalists are professional busybodies, they pry and dig for the information we consume. Your reaction to this story is the very reason why so many countries do not have the press freedom we have, authoritarians know the power of the media and cannot bear not having control over it.
Yes, that explains why leftists want to use the power of government to silence Fox News.

And let us not forget this Administration's attempts to get people to inform upon and denounce those who criticize it, [email protected] and AttackWatch.

I don't care what side of the fence you are on, if you are not horrified by this, then you are one disturbed individual. This is exactly what the Nazi's did - how can anyone not denounce these actions? This organization should be seized and shut down as it is a very serious threat to all American's and our liberties...

Media Matters Memo | Private Investigators | Fox News Employees | The Daily Caller

This is standard fare for democrats.

Dishonest, lying scumbags is still too kind of a description.

Yes, that explains why leftists want to use the power of government to silence Fox News.

And let us not forget this Administration's attempts to get people to inform upon and denounce those who criticize it, [email protected] and AttackWatch.

Still trying to act as if the conservative media is not doing the same stuff? Take a look at that O'Keefe character and the positive reaction he gets for his crap and tell me that the conservative media is not filthy? They all do it, it's the price of a free media.

Still trying to act as if the conservative media is not doing the same stuff? Take a look at that O'Keefe character and the positive reaction he gets for his crap and tell me that the conservative media is not filthy?
Really? They're trying to get the government to shut down liberal media?

I haven't seen that. Got any links?
They all do it, it's the price of a free media.
So much for journalistic integrity, huh?

Are you still thinking that any of this is illegal in any way? If it is not illegal then what, exactly, do you want the authority figures to do? Investigative journalism is under enough of an attack already, last year was a banner year for official arrests, beatings and killings of journalists worldwide, sounds like you want more of that.

Are you still trying to claim all of this is NOT illegal?!?! *Where do we begin to educate those who consciencously choose to live in the lie and reject the truth?

1.) It is illegal to follow, stalk, or otherwise "investigate" persons unless you are law enforcement with a warrant or certified private investigators who are investigating legitimate case (ie you have a missing child, a cheating spouse). *They simply cannot randomly choose people to follow around. *Anyone doing that would lose their license to practice as a private investigator. *There must be a compelling case for them to take action.

2.) There are a couple of little statutes called Libel and Slander. *Media Matters, in a memo, has already indicated they plan to commit libel and slander (direct quote from the memo: *“We must take Fox News head-on in a well funded, presidential-style campaign to discredit and embarrass the network, making it illegitimate in the eyes of news consumers.”). *Notice they didn't say "expose" Fox News for something they are doing wrong. *This is a premedatated plan to attack and falsely accuse the only legitimate news outlet left.

3.) With no reasons for doing so, they again show a premedatated plan to bring frivolous lawsuits against Fox News for no other reason but to force Fox into costly defenses. *This is an activity that carries with is some significant fines

So you can continue desperately grasping at straws to defend this sick and disturbing Nazi-like attempt by Media Matters to bring down the final legitimate news source with a comprehensive strategy of nefarious activities and propaganda, but your losing this debater horribly because you are simply on the wrong side of the facts.

Last edited by a moderator:

In typical liberla fashion, your twisting everyting to fit your agenda. I WANT the media to dig. The media should DIG and they should EXPOSE. That's NOT what Media Matters is doing here - they are fabricating and manufacturing falsehoods!

Good God, stop twisting the facts and just accept this for what it is. They are not "digging", they are admitting to premedatated fabrication and lies!

Do you need a definition of media? Do you not understand what the media is supposed to do? Apparently you believe media is supposed to make up stories, create propaganda, and destroy legitimate entities?

In typical liberla fashion, your twisting everyting to fit your agenda. I WANT the media to dig. The media should DIG and they should EXPOSE. That's NOT what Media Matters is doing here - they are fabricating and manufacturing falsehoods!

Good God, stop twisting the facts and just accept this for what it is. They are not "digging", they are admitting to premedatated fabrication and lies!

Do you need a definition of media? Do you not understand what the media is supposed to do? Apparently you believe media is supposed to make up stories, create propaganda, and destroy legitimate entities?

The only thing that matters here is the question of legality since you are calling for the government to do something about it. You have presented no evidence of laws broken or intent to commit illegal acts, you have not made a case that this practice is confined to MM or the liberal media alone making you hypocritical and you have certainly not proven that Fox is undeserving of it's image as a political instrument of the right or the investigation of it's political practices.

Again what do you want the government to do? Specifically, bearing in mind that you must prove lies were told or privacy violated.

Are you still trying to claim all of this is NOT illegal?!?! *Where do we begin to educate those who consciencously choose to live in the lie and reject the truth?

1.) It is illegal to follow, stalk, or otherwise "investigate" persons unless you are law enforcement with a warrant or certified private investigators who are investigating legitimate case (ie you have a missing child, a cheating spouse). *They simply cannot randomly choose people to follow around. *Anyone doing that would lose their license to practice as a private investigator. *There must be a compelling case for them to take action.
This isn't true at all.

Private Investigators are licensed to "investigate" anyone that a client wants them to "investigate", and for whatever reason the client wants.

2.) There are a couple of little statutes called Libel and Slander. *Media Matters, in a memo, has already indicated they plan to commit libel and slander (direct quote from the memo: *“We must take Fox News head-on in a well funded, presidential-style campaign to discredit and embarrass the network, making it illegitimate in the eyes of news consumers.”). *Notice they didn't say "expose" Fox News for something they are doing wrong. *This is a premedatated plan to attack and falsely accuse the only legitimate news outlet left.
Nothing in that quote is Libel or Slander. Words have meanings.

3.) With no reasons for doing so, they again show a premedatated plan to bring frivolous lawsuits against Fox News for no other reason but to force Fox into costly defenses. *This is an activity that carries with is some significant fines
Then if they do it, they'll be fined.

Talking about it isn't against the law.

So you can continue desperately grasping at straws to defend this sick and disturbing Nazi-like attempt by Media Matters to bring down the final legitimate news source with a comprehensive strategy of nefarious activities and propaganda, but your losing this debater horribly because you are simply on the wrong side of the facts.

And you can keep Godwining your own thread, but that won't change the fact that MediaMatters hasn't broken any laws, nor violated their tax status.

Media Matters Memo | Private Investigators | Fox News Employees | The Daily Caller

This is standard fare for democrats.

Dishonest, lying scumbags is still too kind of a description.
FoxNews For Dummies is facing a criminal probe. It is the best source of news othose that cannot comprehend three syllable words.

Forum List

Back