A Muslim asking you ?

deserter

Feb 6, 2010
SAUDI ARABIA
your opinion may help to may enlighten a spot somewhere !

1-Why do some Muslims hate west , did the west humiliate Muslims ! for instance , did any one insults Mohammad or the Koran ?

2- Did the west at any time invade or occupy Muslims' land ?

3- What about those who attacked NY on 9/11, is their shameful work was mere action or expected reaction?

4- what is the role of free west in Middle East ? do U.S.A and UE making trouble in that area? What is the point of supporting Arab dictators ?:eek:

Last edited:
Question 1 may have several different answers. The usual causes of hate are ignorance and bigotry. Since most muslim states with the exceptions of places like Indonesia, Tunisia and Turkey are usually closed dictatorships or kingdoms with a vested interest in keeping such poisonous ideas as democracy and freedom of thought out, most of the hatred is probably because of just plain ignorance.

There is also a great deal of jealousy out there as well.

And a long history. Except for Turkey and , almost all Islamic states were part of various empires at one time or another, and there seems to be a great deal of resentment toward the colonizing powers.

With the exception of Japan, Thailand, Turkey, almost the whole of the earth was run by various European powers at some time between 1700 and 2000. Not just the muslim lands. Everywhere. There have been various levels of resentment about it.

I don't understand question 3's point of reference. It was just a cowardly attack on innocent civilians in a time of peace. The islamic reference to it is because the jerks responsible were muslim. We were not not responding to Muslims, we were responding to jerkassess who attack innocent civilians. Criminals come in all kinds of religions (including athiests, of course) We were responding to the crime, not to the putative religion (and it might be argued that the persons who did it were blasphemers against Islam) of the perps.

As to our goals, we want to do our business in peace with any person who wants to do business with us.

As to our dealings with the likes of the house of Saud and such like gentry, we have to deal with the reality as we find it. If we have a mutual enemy, we will make deals with bad guys in order to make life unhappy for worse guys. We made deals with Saddam Hussein when he was harassing the Iranians, we made deals with Al Quida when they were fighting the Soviets. No where is the world full of angels only. Most of the time, you deal with various levels of creepy, especially in the mid east. We make the best deals we can with the best people we can, but the folks we deal with, in a perfect world we would be opposed to them, but in this imperfect world, they are a lever to deal with worse

BTW, Turkey could be considered a major European power as well. Prior to 1917 they ran Bulgaria, large parts of Xuguslavia, Romainia, Albania etc. The capital of the Otoman empire was in Europe. Barely. Attuturk moved the capital to Asia.

Question 1 may have several different answers. The usual causes of hate are ignorance and bigotry. Since most muslim states with the exceptions of places like Indonesia, Tunisia and Turkey are usually closed dictatorships or kingdoms with a vested interest in keeping such poisonous ideas as democracy and freedom of thought out

Firstly, I appreciate your answers but sometime you go deeply and sometime you keep in shallow ,,how ? e.g Q1 : Arab peoples dream of freedom but this is suppressed by the gentry who wish to keep every things for themselves ! For as long as freedom was the core point in Islam if you miss that.

then, f u justify the occupation of Muslims' lands with examples such Japan or India or whatever , we all know that that occupations periods ended except in our territories ! wars still wage ? so that the resentment will continue

the rest of your answers I can take hopefully that they are coming from heart !

Last edited:
BTW, Turkey could be considered a major European power as well. Prior to 1917 they ran Bulgaria, large parts of Xuguslavia, Romainia, Albania etc. The capital of the Otoman empire was in Europe. Barely. Attuturk moved the capital to Asia.

indeed , but when Muslims -I think - entered to Europe , the life of europeans became better ! am I right ?

Last edited:

1-Why do some Muslims hate west , did the west humiliate Muslims ! for instance , did any one insults Mohammad or the Koran ?

3- What about those who attacked NY on 9/11, is their shameful work was mere action or expected reaction?

4- what is the role of free west in Middle East ? do U.S.A and UE making trouble in that area? What is the point of supporting Arab dictators ?:eek:

The most important question is the last one you asked. The goal of the U.S. in the mideast is natural resource security and preventing China and it's lackey Russia from challenging U.S. hegemony, period. That is 100%, absolutely, beyond any shaddow of doubt what they are trying to accomplish in Central Asia. Mid east terrorists are simply a minor thorn in the U.S. side. Watch carefully. Pakistan is the U.S. current target, not Iran.

The goal of the US in the middle east is to stabilize it for the good of the entire damn world. We are all affected by those animals and since they can't police themselves, we're there to do it for them, and for us.

I personally wish we would just move in and take it over. I'm sick of the whole mess and the death they visit upon us, upon each other, upon their own damn people.

The goal of the US in the middle east is to stabilize it for the good of the entire damn world. We are all affected by those animals and since they can't police themselves, we're there to do it for them, and for us.

I personally wish we would just move in and take it over. I'm sick of the whole mess and the death they visit upon us, upon each other, upon their own damn people.

how touchy !

The most important question is the last one you asked. The goal of the U.S. in the mideast is natural resource security and preventing China and it's lackey Russia from challenging U.S. hegemony, period. That is 100%, absolutely, beyond any shaddow of doubt what they are trying to accomplish in Central Asia. Mid east terrorists are simply a minor thorn in the U.S. side. Watch carefully. Pakistan is the U.S. current target, not Iran.

U have sth right but is it our bad luck to have such problem or what maaaaan ?

to be like deer in Serengetti plains ?

sigpic22479_1.gif

Explains a lot.

1. Lots of reasons for that but usually related to war (Iraq, Afghanistan, Western Imperialism,etc) or a perceived injustice at the hands of the west (Palestine-Israel), both of those would create humiliation I would think.

2. After the Islamic conquests there were the crusaders (who were later pushed back but not before sacking Constantinople and laying waste to parts of the Middle East), then later the European powers carved up Africa, the Middle East and most of Asia. Subsquently the British Empire promised Palestine to the Arabs during ww1 and ww2, so much for that. :lol:

3. I think a bit of both, it was expected that some Islamic fundamentalist group was going to attack the west for perceived injustices, so on their mind 9/11 was an honorable act of war against the west. As for whether people thought Islamic terrorism would hit the west so directly (aka destroying the world trade center and attacking the Pentagon), only a rare few considered it.

4. The US, just like China, Russia and other big powers support dictatorships. The point is sometimes natural resources (oil, precious metals, diamonds,etc), other times trade (weapons contracts, markets,etc), usually just to prop up a government that will be on your side "he's a bastard, but he's our bastard" rationale.

U have sth right but is it our bad luck to have such problem or what maaaaan ?

to be like deer in Serengetti plains ?

I'm trying hard to parse this question. But yes, it is unfortunate that the U.S has to do these things, but we're the only ones who can, and if we don't the Chinese will. I'd rather not be the loser in the war for domination of the planet.

You come on here with a signature pronouncing 'Islam will dominate the world' and ask for answers. Enough said I guess.

You come on here with a signature pronouncing 'Islam will dominate the world' and ask for answers. Enough said I guess.
Asking for answers in a slight victimhood tone - why are you picking on li'l ol' me. Typical.

Asking for answers in a slight victimhood tone - why are you picking on li'l ol' me. Typical.

Why bother posting at all?

Forum List

Back