A Movie Worth Seeing. A Review Worth Reading.

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
Steve Hayes ——“He is a regular Fox All Stars panelist on Special Report with Bret Baier.” —— is also the guy Donald Trump never heard of. The Donald will know who he is if he reads Hayes’ review of:

This excerpt in Hayes’ review devastates Hillary Clinton by omission. If she did not issue the order to stand down, she knows who did.

The film never mentions Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama. But in subtle ways, it makes clear their weakness and dishonesty.​

This excerpt does not say that Bret Baier did more than anybody to report on Benghazi but it should have:

But perhaps the strongest indictment made by 13 Hours is an unspoken one. The film itself is an implicit but devastating critique of the American media that refused to report this story in this way, an establishment media that left to Hollywood the responsibility of telling these important truths.

Stranger than Fiction: Hollywood gets Benghazi Right
A special preview article from our January 18 issue.
9:43 PM, Jan 06, 2016 | By Stephen F. Hayes

Stranger than Fiction: Hollywood Gets Benghazi Right

This video shows three of the real men who fought through the 13 hours:

Insiders Come Forward, Proof of Benghazi Stand Down Order, It was Obama

NOTE: TWO stand down orders were issued on that night. You heard the first one in the above video. The second stand down had to come from Washington because it involved sending U.S. military personnel to relieve the men fighting for their lives. Learning the name of the official who issued the second stand down order is the one that the liars fear the most —— whether it be a high ranking military officer, or an administration official, or the commander in chief.

From day one, Trey Gowdy knew the importance of the second stand down order. Move cursor to 1:48:

Trey Gowdy Demands Answers On Benghazi

Democrats have done their best to pooh-pooh the Special Select Committee on Benghazi; nevertheless, I firmly believe that Tray Gowdy will get the name, or tell the public why he could not find out. In either case the crap is going to hit the fan.

Finally, this thread will let a few readers on USMB know that 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi is one Hollywood movie worth seeing.

Is there not enough on this already?

Benghazi has been debated - talked about and dissected so many times.

Let's just drop it.

Shadow 355

Is there not enough on this already?
To shadow355: Not a chance.

Here’s Megyn Kelly interviewing the men. Happily, she does a Yogi Berra: “It ain’t over until it’s over.”

Real-life Benghazi heroes open up about '13 Hours' movie; Oregon occupier speaks out

Kelly’s interview reminded me that in Bret Baier’s original reports the first stand down order was issued by “Bob” whose real name was never revealed to the public as far as I know. I am assuming that The Chief played by David Costabile is the elusive “Bob”:

Toby Stephens ... Glen 'Bub' Doherty
John Krasinski ... Jack
Freddie Stroma ... Brit Vaynor
Pablo Schreiber ... Tanto
Max Martini ... Oz
David Giuntoli ... Scott Wickland
James Badge Dale ... Rone
David Denman ... Boon
David Costabile ... The Chief
Wrenn Schmidt ... Becky Silva
Elektra Anastasi ... CIA Agent
Dominic Fumusa ... Tig
Peyman Moaadi ... Amahl
Ivy George ... Emily
Liisa Evastina ... CIA agent

13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi (2016) - IMDb

Parenthetically, the State Department could have told the CIA to give The Chief the first stand down order because the US military was not involved. Logically, the State Department would throw “Bob” overboard in a minute to protect Hillary Clinton, but I doubt if the CIA would take the fall, nor will claiming The Chief took it upon himself stand up under scrutiny. In any event, the first stand down order does not explain the stand down order that did nobble the military.

NOTE: TWO stand down orders were issued on that night.
UPDATE:

Click on the link for an interesting video. Rep Chaffetz zeros in the stand down order.

Jason Chaffetz: Serious Questions Remain About Leon Panetta, Benghazi
By Sandy Fitzgerald | Friday, 08 Jan 2016 02:27 PM

Jason Chaffetz: Serious Questions Remain About Leon Panetta, Benghazi

It is impossible to follow the attack in Benghazi, as I did from the beginning, without catching the lot of them lying through their teeth. I am an average guy listening to news reports and I knew that “There was not enough time to send help.” was a lie the first time I heard it. The original lie unraveled the entire coverup —— now they are stuck with it.

Panetta is testifying today; so there is no telling what he is going to get away with. I can only pray that the Committee formulates their questions aimed at getting the answers to 2 stand down orders rather than focusing on one or the other.

I can only pray that the Committee formulates their questions aimed at getting the answers to 2 stand down orders rather than focusing on one or the other.
Pooh-poohing Trey Gowdy’s Select Committee on Benghazi is turning into poop-poop for the Administration.

When it comes to the deaths of four Americans at the hands of radical Islamist terrorists, President Obama, Leon Panetta, Ben Rhodes, Susan Rice and other high-ranking White House officials have played shell games with the truth, too.

XXXXX

. . . South Carolina Republican U.S. Rep. Trey Gowdy discussed the conflicting accounts on whether a stand-down order was given to military assets nearby.

“There are witnesses who say there was one, there are witnesses who say there was not one.

XXXXX

“No. 1, did we have assets in the region that could have responded?” Gowdy said. “But an equally important question is, if the answer to that question is no, why not?

Panetta has given testimony saying they didn’t deploy military assets to help our men because there wasn’t enough time to get them there. Which is implausible given that the terror attack and battle that ensued lasted for 13 hours.
I firmly believe that Tray Gowdy will get the name, or tell the public why he could not find out. In either case the crap is going to hit the fan.
The Benghazi probe is not over, despite Hillary Clinton’s attempts to put it behind her.

Cohen: Benghazi questions just won’t go away for Clinton, Obama
Adriana Cohen Friday, January 15, 2016

Cohen: Benghazi questions just won’t go away for Clinton, Obama

I firmly believe that Tray Gowdy will get the name, or tell the public why he could not find out. In either case the crap is going to hit the fan.
From the day the Select Committee on Benghazi was authorized, I said Trey Gowdy would get the answer to the one question Democrats fear the most: WHO ISSUED THE ORDER TO STAND DOWN?

It looks like the finish line is in sight:

HEWITT: Changing subjects, have you seen 13 Hours, Mr. Chairman?

GOWDY: I have not. We have one more book author to interview, and I realize I’m old-fashioned, and a lot of people could see the movie and still do a fair job of questioning one of the book authors. But it is important to me that I have his testimony in mind as opposed to what I may have seen in a movie theater. I think of all the folks in the world who are entitled to tell their version of what happened, the eyewitnesses would be number one on that list. So I support those guys, and I like them personally. I have explained to Tonto, I promise I’m going to see the movie. But I’m going to do it after I finish the last interview.

HEWITT: I get that, and I understand that completely. Do you believe the question has been asked and answered adequately, yet, as to whether or not assets were proximate and available that night to come to the assistance to the people under attack in Benghazi?

GOWDY: Hugh, I will tell you this. When we issue our report, and hopefully, it is coming sooner rather than later, I think that part of our investigation is going to be the most eye-opening, the most surprising, and frankly, will dwarf the other two tranches of Benghazi in terms of what we have been able to find. So you put your finger on a couple of the issues. Number one, how were the assets positioned? If they were not positioned in such a way as to respond to Libya, Tripoli or Benghazi within the time frame, why not, particularly on the anniversary of 9/11 with, frankly, with Cairo having just happened? Why would your assets not be moving after Cairo? But there’s a third part to this, which is if the President did say do everything you can, and Secretary Panetta communicated that order to his command staff, do everything you can, both of those communicates took place before 7 p.m. Eastern time. Why did the first wheel not take off for hours and hours and hours? That is the part that we are getting at, that I would submit to you the other committees did not, and I think you’re going to be surprised at that part of our report.​

Gowdy: ‘Eye-Opening,’ ‘Surprising’ Results to Come From Benghazi Investigation
by Jeff Poor
26 Jan 2016

Gowdy: ‘Eye-Opening,’ ‘Surprising’ Results to Come From Benghazi Investigation - Breitbart

Forum List

Back