A Mother's Instinct

When my son was first born, anytime he made a noise I would wake right up.

I do not have the instinct to know when he has taken his diaper off while in bed and wiped it everywhere. (happened for the second time this morning :()

My wife had you beat.

I'm a terrible sleeper or at least I used to be and if I am depressed, I still am.

I could be up playing a game on the computer at 3am. Wide awake in a house so silent that you could hear a mouse fart. My wife would jump out of bed and be halfway down the hallway. I'd ask, "What's the matter?" She'd reply, "the baby is crying". I would tell her, "No, the baby has not made a peep." About that time the baby would start crying!!

That happened several times after which, I gave up and assumed the baby was going to start crying.

Immie

Read about a study recently that said that men actually DO NOT HEAR the cries of a baby at night. That between the parents only Mom hears baby cry---unless baby is absofuckinglutely going off and howling loudly.

I believe this. My ex never, not once, EVER heard our twins---even when they were crying in stereo very loudly. It took physical force on my part to get him to wake up and help me with the babies. Which was no easy feat, considering I was recovering from a c-section and 120lbs soaking wet (he's 6'5, 275-280, played Offensive Guard on a full ride college scholarship).

One night I got our daughter down first, and he stayed in the living room with our son--sitting straight up up on the sofa with our son on his chest. Next thing I know he's snoring....so I come check on them, something tells me this is not good.....about the time I enter the living room, brand new baby boy rolls off daddy's chest and I caught him just before he hit the coffee table and the floor.

Daddy didn't pull night duty alone again. Ever. *sigh*

Which mean I got zero sleep, feeding and changing twins every 2-3 hours (and not together on the same schedule at first) is hard work. I only got 15 minute cat naps around the clock for quite some time. :(

Read about a study recently that said that men actually DO NOT HEAR the cries of a baby at night. That between the parents only Mom hears baby cry---unless baby is absofuckinglutely going off and howling loudly.

I believe this. My ex never, not once, EVER heard our twins---even when they were crying in stereo very loudly. It took physical force on my part to get him to wake up and help me with the babies. Which was no easy feat, considering I was recovering from a c-section and 120lbs soaking wet (he's 6'5, 275-280, played Offensive Guard on a full ride college scholarship).

One night I got our daughter down first, and he stayed in the living room with our son--sitting straight up up on the sofa with our son on his chest. Next thing I know he's snoring....so I come check on them, something tells me this is not good.....about the time I enter the living room, brand new baby boy rolls off daddy's chest and I caught him just before he hit the coffee table and the floor.

Which mean I got zero sleep, feeding and changing twins every 2-3 hours (and not together on the same schedule at first) is hard work. I only got 15 minute cat naps around the clock for quite some time. :(

Bullshit----we just fake it so the mom has to get up. :lol:

Except that I was wide awake when my wife would get up and there had not even been a whimper from the babies room.

Immie

I thought that for a VERY long time, but after reading about this study, I believe there actually may be some merit to it.

My ex tells me that he NEVER heard the babies cry at night. He said he wasn't trying to be a dickhead and not help, he just didn't hear 'em.

The "babies" are 15 now....so there's no reason for him to lie about it this far down the road.

So....guys, what say you? Do you lie so Mom has to get up, or do you really NOT hear the baby(ies)? :eusa_think:

I wonder how many guys' lives you just fucked-up.....:razz:

Except that I was wide awake when my wife would get up and there had not even been a whimper from the babies room.

Immie

Yeah, that happened at our house too. Ex worked from home, and he'd stay up all night working on a proposal, he wouldn't hear a peep from a baby and then I'd be up raging at him to farking help me with the babies, and he'd swear he didn't hear 'em cry.

I did.

:eusa_think:

I wonder how many guys' lives you just fucked-up.....:razz:

:rofl: you think anyone actually believes me----hope not---sorry guys !

Immie

Yeah, that happened at our house too. Ex worked from home, and he'd stay up all night working on a proposal, he wouldn't hear a peep from a baby and then I'd be up raging at him to farking help me with the babies, and he'd swear he didn't hear 'em cry.

I did.

But, I would hear them start to cry after she was up. It wasn't like I was deaf of something like that.

However, I must admit that there were times that her instincts didn't kick in early and I would hear the baby start to cry, cover my ears with a pillow and wait for those instincts to wake mom up... and sometimes it would take a gentle nudge with the foot to wake mom up. :evil:

Immie

PS Read this quick, because this message will self destruct in 10 seconds!! :eusa_whistle:

Besides---crying is good for their lungs and not grabbing them every time they whimper teaches them independence. Women forget stuff like that.

This is twins on a GOOD day! :D

These babies are 4 months old. That's when mine discovered the other one. They did this same thing when they had tummy time together. What a sweet age and such good memories. :D

Enjoy....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7mOzWQSnaQ[/ame]

Besides---crying is good for their lungs and not grabbing them every time they whimper teaches them independence. Women forget stuff like that.
No we don't. :D

My son is a momma's boy but he very independent and he was not a fussy baby.

Immie

I did.

But, I would hear them start to cry after she was up. It wasn't like I was deaf of something like that.

However, I must admit that there were times that her instincts didn't kick in early and I would hear the baby start to cry, cover my ears with a pillow and wait for those instincts to wake mom up... and sometimes it would take a gentle nudge with the foot to wake mom up. :evil:

Immie

PS Read this quick, because this message will self destruct in 10 seconds!! :eusa_whistle:

LOL. Honesty from a man.

Captured! :D

Glad you liked the video. Babies and children grow up way too fast. :(

New Topics

Forum List

Back