A More Secure America?

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
<center><h2><font color=red>A More Secure America?</font></h2></center>

I think not. Denny Hasturt has refused to bring the Intelligence Reform Bill to a vote. With the CIA in chaos due to Porter Goss' purge, we need solid, meaningful intelligence reform now, not a year from now.

But no...The House Reichpublican leadership is more interestd in turf wars and control of funding than they are in passing intelligence reform. While Dubbyuh has mouthed phrases of support for the bill, yet again, his actions fall far short of his words. Let us remember that Dubbyuh fought the formation of the 9/11 Commission tooth and nail, and he had to be dragged kicking and screaming to speak before it...This with Uncle Dick at his side telling him what to say. So, don't expect Dubbyuh to stand up and fight for intel reform.

Failure to pass these much needed reforms can be laid squarely upon the doorstep of the right-wing Reichpublican leadership. Their dedication to ideological purity over reality will be the undoing of us all.

So, contact your Representatives, and inform them you are dislpleased, if not outright pissed off, by their foot dragging.

Bully, I can't see your post because I have you on IGGY... but whatever it was, I'm sure it was idiotic. :lalala:

musicman said:
Never let it be said that Bully let the truth get in the way of a good story.

:rotflmao:

:thewave:

Good one, Music. I'm adding to your reputation....:D

This is once again Bully trying to get it both ways. If Republicans are opposing blindly following the commission reports without debates on it we are accused of not caring about national security if we blindly follow it we are accused of just giving the President everything he wants and squelching debate. either way we are the bad guys.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp

Forum List

Back