A moral quagmire

"Many dems seem to think the later."

They also think the government knows how to spend your money better than you do...shows how much credit I give to the "thinking" power of the democrats.

reuters
**The Great Satan helps out**

Planeloads of tents, blankets, mattresses and emergency food rations arrived every hour at the small regional airport as Iran, relatively isolated politically and economically from the West, opened its doors to international aid.

U.S. military cargo planes were among the first to arrive -- despite the fact President Bush (news - web sites) has branded Tehran part of an "axis of evil" and hard-liners in Iran refer to Washington as the "Great Satan."

The first U.S. military aircraft to land in Iran in more than 20 years carried disaster response experts and tonnes of emergency supplies, U.S. officials said on Monday.

But they stressed the move was strictly in response to the humanitarian disaster and reflected no change in policy.

"The United States' primary focus right now is assisting the Iranian people with what they need," White House spokesman Trent Duffy told reporters. "The U.S. policy remains the same."

Egypt, which like the United States severed diplomatic ties with Iran a quarter of a century ago, has also flown in aid.

For the residents of Bam, help was welcome from any quarter.

"When our own government cannot help, let the Great Satan help us. We pay taxes and yet in cases like this, there is no-one to help us," said Abbas Barkhordar, 45, who lost his entire family in the quake.

Well with a story I read today of an Iranian offical saying they will not accept aid from zionist states (codenamed Israel) I don't think we should send them money, as they clearly show they don't need it.

I also saw where Iranian students were chanting for the USA and Israel. It was quelled, but their point was made. The help is coming from democracies, even their 'enemies.' They refused Israel's help, but the word has gotten out. No surer way of having a government want to be thrown out.

Forum List

Back