A million could lose insurance in September

People are already experiencing premium increases due to the inclusion of the high risk insureds.

No, they're not. "High risk uninsureds" will be in high-risk pools for the next four years (i.e. segmented, subsidized pools that have nothing to do with the premiums of those not in them). Once they enter the exchanges in 2014, risk adjustment mechanisms will be instituted by states to make up for the fact that insurers can no longer price for risk.

I call total crap on your ten percent increase in insureds.

CBO projected an 11 percent increase between now and 2019, from 81% in 2010 to 92% in 2019 (or 12 percent if illegal immigrants are ignored, with the insured share of the population rising from 83% to 95%). The CMS Actuary estimates a 10.1% increase (83.0% in 2010 to 93.1% in 2019).

People are already experiencing premium increases due to the inclusion of the high risk insureds.

No, they're not. "High risk uninsureds" will be in high-risk pools for the next four years (i.e. segmented, subsidized pools that have nothing to do with the premiums of those not in them). Once they enter the exchanges in 2014, risk adjustment mechanisms will be instituted by states to make up for the fact that insurers can no longer price for risk.

I call total crap on your ten percent increase in insureds.

CBO projected an 11 percent increase between now and 2019, from 81% in 2010 to 92% in 2019 (or 12 percent if illegal immigrants are ignored, with the insured share of the population rising from 83% to 95%). The CMS Actuary estimates a 10.1% increase (83.0% in 2010 to 93.1% in 2019).

Insurance companies are already raising rates for these exact reasons. You ignore reality.

Forum List

Back