A Middle-Age Child's Nutty Demand

Somehow, I think one morning of church is not enough. You have the whole rest of the week to see the opposite messages thrown at kids on TV, music, games and other media.

Ok, let's see if we can stimulate a thought or two today.

I agree, one visit a week to church isn't enough. We need more time devoted to learning Christian values if we expect them to be known and applied. I have often answered folks who question the fierce loyalty of the Muslim to his faith by pointing out the worship habits of that faith. Organized prayers, what, six times a day, everyday? That is a demonstration of devoutness to one's belief. As Christians, I guess we just aren't set up for this sort of regular worship? Just remember one day a week to keep holy?

I would ask again how we go about making the Church more effective in America. And please, lets not say that we need a civil war or anything that involves killing people. That is not a Christian option to improve the church.

Lead by personal example SW. I have bad days, but more good. People notice. I use some of them as role models.

I do try to make an example. I will make an extra effort on account of this conversation.

A lot of times its just little things that change. I shovel my walk, an 80+ year old's walk to my south and an 80+ year old's walk and drive across the street. Now someone around the corner has caught on and likes to snow blow half the block. I can move on to other helpful things.

Did the same thing mowing lawns of foreclosed houses in my neighborhood a couple of years ago. Now they are all occupied and part of the reason is that neighbors took care of the neighborhood.

Didn't save anybody's life, but I did make some changes.

Good luck.

Well, I am the founder and director of a 501 [c] 3 charity group that I put in 30 hours a week as a volunteer. I also advocate for homeless veterans and help another charity rescue for dogs. My plate is pretty full but doing a little more sure can't hurt anyone.

Take a minute before you go to bed tonight SW, and stand in front of a mirror. Say to yourself, "I'm a good person and did what I can for my son. He is responsible for himself and can choose a good path in his future, if he chooses." I'd say it to you, but I'm not there.

Take a minute before you go to bed tonight SW, and stand in front of a mirror. Say to yourself, "I'm a good person and did what I can for my son. He is responsible for himself and can choose a good path in his future, if he chooses." I'd say it to you, but I'm not there.

I have worked through that situation the best I can. The only reason that story was relayed here was to show the depth and sincerity of my conviction behind the issue of open and forward use of birth control. You know, just about every murderer on death row has a mother and father that will tell you they don't know what went wrong and "he's really a good boy". Now, my son didn't kill anyone but I don't make excuses for him or myself. What has gone under the bridge has gone under the bridge and I continue to work for a better outcome for the next young man.

Granted I was marriedand we both received college degrees, we had three daughters. Still, there was a divorce and the one thing we did do right from then on was consider our daughters first and foremost. As a result, no one ended up in prison or pregnant before college graduations.

You're a part of the equation, not the whole thing. Parenting never ends. My oldest is three months pregnant after a divorce last summer. A surprise to be sure, not one single moment unwanted. You are a quality person SW. We see this very differently.

My parents trusted me in high school, that was my biggest motivation. They trust me, so I didn't want to let them down. I had a party my senior year, and they found a condom afterwards and they didn't even ask if it was mine. I was kind of upset they assumed it wasn't, but it is also reassured me that the believed me.
My friend's mom didn't trust her, and she was a good girl, very good girl, dated an older guy for a year and didn't have sex with him. Her mom after a year banned her from seeing him, and she soon got pregnant.
I had another friend, her parents were big into church, very big on rules, very controlling. Anyways they went out of town and she had a party. They found the evidence of the party and she blamed it on me, also said it was my 21 year old friend who was drinking. In reality she met some older guys with my friend while cruising and they were the ones who bought the alcohol. I had nothing to do with it. She still blamed me. Her parents later told my parents at a softball game for our summer league.Told my parents they needed to get a hold of me My parents knew right away it wasn't me, and asked what really happened. Also laughed at how dumb her parents were. She was also pregnant at my graduation along with my friend who's mom didn't trust her.
Best thing you can do, is trust your kids.

Well, I am the founder and director of a 501 [c] 3 charity group that I put in 30 hours a week as a volunteer. I also advocate for homeless veterans and help another charity rescue for dogs. My plate is pretty full but doing a little more sure can't hurt anyone.

That is awesome.

I worked in a large city park here where many veterans lived, and I also worked with a Vietnam Vet who had been a recovered alcoholic. He taught me a lot, and he taught me to have a lot of compassion for Vietnam Vets.
People judge homeless people, but they don't understand that most have no idea how to function in the real world and it is only life they know.

The American RC church is a corporation that is no less obligated to secular laws than any other corporation.

Thei moral objections to providing HC benefits as outlined by secular laws are irrlevant.

If we allow religious laws to supercede secular laws, then we are no longer a respresentatibve democracy we become a religious FREE FOR ALL.

Doubt me?

Better take a good long hard look at all the OTHER RELIGIONS and their silly notions of how the law should work before you FORCE this nation to grant the RC chrch a pass on this issue.

If the RC church has moral ojections to granting employees their HC rights, then the RC church ought to stop having employees.

THAT would be their only MORAL recourse they really have if obeying the laws of the land is, in their opinion, a sin.

Forum List

Back