A Message To Your Younger Self?

I had a very good life because of a five second suggestion from my father. So I geuss my hint would be listen carefully....evaluate seriously...and then act.

I had a very good life because of a five second suggestion from my father. So I geuss my hint would be listen carefully....evaluate seriously...and then act.

Sounds like a smart guy. Was he a psychologist or was that just common sense?

Sounds like a smart guy. Was he a psychologist or was that just common sense?

He was a small businessman. I think he knew my strengths and weaknesses...knew I would succeed in a structured environment. He was correct.

What would you tell your teenage self that would change your life for the better ?

"Dude, one day America is going to be so fucking crazy, that Donald Trump is going to be elected President. No, don't walk away, this isn't a joke! Come back! Bust your ass! Get into Harvard! Get involved in politics to try to stop it! I'm serious! Yes, Trump! Stop laughing!!!"

I had hours long talks with my grandfather, I listened, evaluated and acted...he was spot on...and I use his lessons to this day and pass those lessons on to our children.

Nothing

I have no messages to my teen self

It's all going according to plan.

I am proud of my teen self

What would you tell your teenage self that would change your life for the better ?

"Dude, one day America is going to be so fucking crazy, that Donald Trump is going to be elected President. No, don't walk away, this isn't a joke! Come back! Bust your ass! Get into Harvard! Get involved in politics to try to stop it! I'm serious! Yes, Trump! Stop laughing!!!"

You forgot to tell yourself to not short the market at his election result listening to rhetoric by the Dems who were dumb enough thinking that Lowering Corporate taxes, simplifying tax codes, removing stranglehold regulations, bringing back manufacturing and stimulating growth through infrastructure updating was somehow bad for the markets.-oops!
Epic Fail! Their Propaganda cost their loyalists Billions. Icahn on the other hand made out huge on their stupidity.
:)

Don't start smoking
Or doing coke. LSD and maryjane, fine. And don't drink so damn much. When the Budweiser truck delivers to your house every Tuesday, you are drinking too much.

And don't hold a grudge for so damn long. My mother and father went through a nasty divorce when I was about 14 or 15 and he was a real asshole to her. I was so angry with him that I didn't talk to him for over 20 years, and therefore missed my baby half-sister grow up. I never even talked to her until her 16th birthday, and that's something I regret because we became such very close friends right off the bat when we finally met.

Last edited:
I'd say (to myself) "speak only from your own experience, and always be open to learn from what/who is different. Listen first, speak second. Take risks and don't be afraid to fail. Live in the moment, but plan ahead."

Pretty much sums it up for me!

Forum List

Back