A message from Reagan's budget director, David Stockman

Wasn't Reagan the same guy that thought toppling South American governments was a good idea? Now we have Chavez as the result. :eusa_eh:

Go stick your head in a bidet...you have no idea what you're talking about..none
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONNMiuWI4Fo"]YouTube - Christopher Hitchens Dispels Ronald Reagan Greatness Myths(1996)[/ame]

Get your head out of the sand, stop worshiping politicians and the myths spread around them. Here Hitchens owns the Reagan cult. :cuckoo:

Last edited:
Man, this is amazing.

Cons have encapsulated themselves from any opposing ideas. Republicans that dont agree are called RINO's. News orgs that dont agree are called liberal orgs. Blogs that dont agree are dismissed as being liberal and even when Repubs are caught red handed doing something they dont agree with they are called liberal "plants".

What a perfect circle of willful ignorance

Man, this is amazing.

Cons have encapsulated themselves from any opposing ideas. Republicans that dont agree are called RINO's. News orgs that dont agree are called liberal orgs. Blogs that dont agree are dismissed as being liberal and even when Repubs are caught red handed doing something they dont agree with they are called liberal "plants".

What a perfect circle of willful ignorance
If the current congress is any indication, the Republicans are beginning to earn my disgust, rather than admiration. I don't believe they will hold onto the Congress much longer. But on the subject of liberals, you can find plenty of left wing groups with the same level of hostility to opposing ideas.

Ask Dave Stockman how raising taxes to close the deficit worked out for his boss, George HW Bush.
Try a little-earlier, there, Rabbi(t)!!!!

FREELAND: You worked for Ronald Reagan. Do you think the American economy — so you’re, like, a red-blooded capitalist — could it sustain higher taxes than it has now?

STOCKMAN: Absolutely. In 1982, we were looking at the jaws of the worst recession since the 1930s. We overdid it in 1981, cut taxes too much. We came back with a big deficit reduction plan in 1982. Unemployment’s at 10 percent, the economy is in dire shape, and we raise taxes by 1.2 percent of GDP, which would be $150 billion a year right now — not 10 years down the road — but right now."

images

Raegan is CONSTANTLY worshipped/invoked by Fox N00z (Bill Kristol)/GOP candidates (Bible Spice et al.) so he is relevant. It tells one where they stand as they have no living pols to idolize. Sad commentary on the state of the GOP.

After Obama is re-elected, please compare him to Reagan. Right now the Republicans have 0 serious candidates and the Big 0 is running second behind nobody.

That the Dems idolize the Big 0 is a sadder commentary on them than the Reagan infatuation is on the Reps. At least Reagan had some success even with a Congress against him.

Reagan was a disaster. He created the mythology that cutting taxes for the rich will increase tax revenue. All it does in increase the deficit. As a result he doubled the National Debt.

A few months after Reagan got into office, the North Shore oil started to flow. When someone was asked to describe Reagan in one word, they said, "Lucky."

Last edited:
IF there were such a thing as Chapter 11 for politicians, the Republican push to extend the unaffordable Bush tax cuts would amount to a bankruptcy filing. The nation’s public debt — if honestly reckoned to include municipal bonds and the $7 trillion of new deficits baked into the cake through 2015 — will soon reach $18 trillion. That’s a Greece-scale 120 percent of gross domestic product, and fairly screams out for austerity and sacrifice. It is therefore unseemly for the Senate minority leader, Mitch McConnell, to insist that the nation’s wealthiest taxpayers be spared even a three-percentage-point rate increase.

More fundamentally, Mr. McConnell’s stand puts the lie to the Republican pretense that its new monetarist and supply-side doctrines are rooted in its traditional financial philosophy. Republicans used to believe that prosperity depended upon the regular balancing of accounts — in government, in international trade, on the ledgers of central banks and in the financial affairs of private households and businesses, too. But the new catechism, as practiced by Republican policymakers for decades now, has amounted to little more than money printing and deficit finance — vulgar Keynesianism robed in the ideological vestments of the prosperous classes.

This approach has not simply made a mockery of traditional party ideals. It has also led to the serial financial bubbles and Wall Street depredations that have crippled our economy. More specifically, the new policy doctrines have caused four great deformations of the national economy, and modern Republicans have turned a blind eye to each one.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/01/opinion/01stockman.html?_r=1

If there was such a thing as brains for posters, you wouldn't hae to concern yourself over the matter.

Reagan? Really. You're worse off than I thought. Why not let's rehash the Hoover administration? You know .... the one he inherited from Coolidge and got left holding the bag on?

Stop wasting people's time, dip.

Go to ReaganBushDebt.org

Ask Dave Stockman how raising taxes to close the deficit worked out for his boss, George HW Bush.

Wasn't the extension of the Bush tax cuts passed by a Democratic majority in Congress and signed by Obama? Why aren't you bashing them?
Oh yeah. You're a stupid partisan hack, is why.

I am bashing them.

But it was Reagan who created this mythology that lowering taxes for the rich and creating massive deficits is a good thing.

"In 1996, Bill Clinton buried Bob Dole. Then in his second term....

.....he buried the budget deficit as well."

bill-hillary-clinton.jpg

Wasn't the extension of the Bush tax cuts passed by a Democratic majority in Congress and signed by Obama? Why aren't you bashing them?
Oh yeah. You're a stupid partisan hack, is why.

You are aware that Stockman worked for Reagan and not HW Bush aren't you?

You mean Ronaldus Magnus, who you were touting as having such a hugely successful economic policy?

No, you ignorant piece of donkey excrement.
George HW Bush. Or were you not alive during that time?

I could respond in kind to that insult, but instead I'll simply say the:

1) Considering the title of this thread says "Reagan's budget director, David Stockman", I'm sure you can understand why I would think you mean Reagan when you say "Stockman's boss".

2) After doing a little research, I find no indication that Stockman worked for Pres. Bush the elder. Maybe you can show something that says otherwise.

Rabid lives in his own little reality. :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back