A Message for all the critics of the new Arizona law

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6qEQ-KnitQ"]YouTube - Arizona Sing-A-Long: Read Immigration Law![/ame]

If you want to read it, you can find it here:

http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/49leg/2r/bills/sb1070s.pdf

NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER LAW, A PEACE OFFICER MAY LAWFULLY STOP
ANY PERSON WHO IS OPERATING A MOTOR VEHICLE IF THE OFFICER HAS REASONABLE
SUSPICION TO BELIEVE THE PERSON IS IN VIOLATION OF ANY CIVIL TRAFFIC LAW AND
THIS SECTION.

------------Let's look at an example of that according to the bill:

IT IS UNLAWFUL FOR A PERSON TO ENTER A MOTOR VEHICLE THAT IS
STOPPED ON A STREET, ROADWAY OR HIGHWAY IN ORDER TO BE HIRED BY AN OCCUPANT
OF THE MOTOR VEHICLE AND TO BE TRANSPORTED TO WORK AT A DIFFERENT LOCATION IF
THE MOTOR VEHICLE BLOCKS OR IMPEDES THE NORMAL MOVEMENT OF TRAFFIC.

-------------------That means if you get into a fucking cab, you could be stopped and arrested. How many have gotten into a cab in the middle of the street? Oh, everyone?

My suspicion is that it is administration policy not to read the law, or at least claim that they have not done so, so that they can continue to use false statements about it without being nailed down as lying.

The Supreme Court has determined that questioning of any individual - without probable cause- about immigration status is constitutional, by federal agents, and, therefore, federal law is actually more stringent in this regard than the Arizona bill.

I cant understand the controversy with this law. It's basically a law to enforce the law that already exists.

To have the borders wide open to let illegals, and anyone walk right in. Heck a terrorist could walk right on in.

I think it is absurd for Mexico to lecture Arizona/US on how we should handle immigration when people who are caught sneaking in from Mexico's south border are deported with in 24 hrs or worse. Arizona's law requires proof of citizenship if caught by doing another crime.

I hope every state adopts this law!!

If the feds were to do their jobs right in the first place, then we wouldn't need to depend on the states to step up and enforce it themselves.

Indeed. It is a law that criminalizes something which is already criminalized.

The real outrage should concern why AZ need such redundant redundancy, but given that the ICE has decided to not enforce the federal immigration laws, it really is up to the states right now.

New Topics

Forum List

Back