A Matter of Faith...

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
Monotheism and polytheism are but different views of the same thing. Same path...different perspective.

Um, How can the believe in one God and the belief in many gods be the same thing? They contradict.

Look you may believe this. Thats fine. But the rest of us who use are brain are going to think. Those contradict. hence they cant both be true.

Just saying a statement that contradicts and calling it true doesnt make it so. justify your answer.

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
This passge may be viewed as an admonishment not to become attatched to those that one loves as the fear of their loss can cause one to stray from the path. It is almost Buddhist in nature, save for the tone indignation at failure to follow the cross, the Lord, the prophet and the righteous man.

Greed, as exemplefied by grasping after and clinging to those things which one holds dear, and fear a losing those things lie at the root of human suffering.

Dude, you missed the entire thing AGAIN. Reading educates, you know.

Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

Peace and harmony and all that brotherly love, new age spirituality "all paths lead to God" crap ain't happening.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
Um, How can the believe in one God and the belief in many gods be the same thing? They contradict.

Look you may believe this. Thats fine. But the rest of us who use are brain are going to think. Those contradict. hence they cant both be true.

Just saying a statement that contradicts and calling it true doesnt make it so. justify your answer.

The constraints imposed by a two valued system of logic, i.e. true/false or black/white give rise to this problem. Ther is a means of moving past it, but I am too tired to delve into it now...G'night.

Originally posted by NewGuy
Dude, you missed the entire thing AGAIN. Reading educates, you know.

Peace and harmony and all that brotherly love, new age spirituality "all paths lead to God" crap ain't happening.

I'll discuss it later. It's bedtime.

Forum List

Back