A Marine Tells it to Sen. Feinstein

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
January 3, 2013

Senator Dianne Feinstein,

I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government's right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed protection yet decry me having the same a crime. You ma'am have overstepped a line that is not your domain. I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one.

I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America.

I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15 because of the actions of some evil man.

I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public.

We, the people, deserve better than you.

Respectfully Submitted,
Joshua Boston
Cpl, United States Marine Corps
2004-2012
Read more: Blog: A Marine Tells it to Sen. Feinstein
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Granny says, "Dat's right - dey gonna have to pry her Mossburg 12ga. outta her cold, dead hands...
:eusa_eh:
Marine to senator: 'No ma'am,' I won't register my guns
Fri January 4, 2013 - Former Marine says he will not register his guns even if a federal law is passed; Marine's open letter goes viral online; draws fiery responses from CNN commenters; Sen. Dianne Feinstein said after the Newtown school shooting that she plans to introduce a ban on assault weapons; The bill aims to revisit a 1994 assault weapons ban that expired in 2004
It started off as a letter, but for former Marine Joshua Boston it was more than that. It was about his freedom. The Afghanistan veteran wrote an open letter to U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-California, saying that he would not register his weapons with the government even if a ban on assault weapons is passed. The letter started on CNN iReport and gained mass attention online, obtaining a quarter-million views as of Friday evening and appearing on several other news outlets.

Boston said he was inspired to send in the iReport because he felt as though some gun owners were being unfairly targeted. He is angered by "the fact that I'm supposed to be punished for doing nothing more than owning a rifle that looks scary because its stock isn't made out of wood," he said. Feinstein has said she plans to introduce a bill in January that would place a ban on assault weapons. Gun rights legislation gained renewed attention after an armed gunman killed 20 children and six adults in the Newtown school shooting.

The bill aims to revisit a 1994 ban that expired in 2004. The prohibition did not eliminate assault weapons, but restricted their features, limiting magazine capacity to 10 rounds and regulating pistol grips, bayonet attachments and flash suppressors. Boston said he served in Afghanistan twice and Iraq twice between 2004 and 2011. Although no longer serving in the military, the 26-year-old said he still owns guns and believes the government does not need to know what guns he owns; he believes weapons registration would lead to confiscation.

Many of the people who posted the more than 1,400 passionate comments about the letter said they agreed with Boston. Both pro- and anti-gun supporters weighed in on the idea of registering weapons in the United States and the use of assault weapons. "I, like you am a former Marine corporal and I support you 110%," wrote CNN iReport user TMuttDaddy. "It's nobody's business how many guns I own. I also support restoring the gun ownership right for felons. Provided the crime was nonviolent and not repeat offenders. I do think we need to address how firearms are stored and secured. We need to require owners to secure their weapons in such a way that makes them difficult to steal. I suggest gun safes and trigger locks. We need to do all we can to keep guns off the street."

MORE

Last edited:
And im about 1000% sure a Parent from any of the recent mass murders could teach this Marine a thing or five.

A Marine Tells it to Sen. Feinstein

Searches related to "AmericanThinker"

hotair townhall

fox news theblaze

rush limbaugh weekly standard

newsbusters lucianne

260.gif

'Nuff, said.....

New Topics

Forum List

Back