A map of the liberal thought process on abortion

Where in the constitution says that abortion is illegal?

I will present the Conservative Constitutional arguments here very soon in a new thread and it will be linked to this one.

Your conclusion is that it should remain legal. I am hoping you will share your thought process on that.

Will you?

Where in the constitution says that abortion is illegal?

I will present the Conservative Constitutional arguments here very soon in a new thread and it will be linked to this one.

Your conclusion is that it should remain legal. I am hoping you will share your thought process on that.

Will you?
You have presented them elsewhere, you failed, and I look forward to you offering the opportunity to redeem yourself.

Given how abortion was legal and common when the Constitution was written, the writers plainly had no problem with it. It was just common sense to everyone that fetuses weren't people. Still is, despite historically recent pro-life revisionism that tries to pretend otherwise.

Given how abortion was legal and common when the Constitution was written, the writers plainly had no problem with it. It was just common sense to everyone that fetuses weren't people. Still is, despite historically recent pro-life revisionism that tries to pretend otherwise.

So that is your thought process on the matter?

Slavery was legal and women had no right to vote when the Constitution was written too.

How does your appeal to tradition line of thinking fall in line with those being changed over time?

On the matter of the Constitution, yes.

Slavery was legal and women had no right to vote when the Constitution was written too.

That's why the Constitution had to be amended.

How does your appeal to tradition line of thinking fall in line with those being changed over time?

It's in complete agreement with the process of amending the Constitution.

On the matter of the Constitution, yes.

That's why the Constitution had to be amended.

It's in complete agreement with the process of amending the Constitution.

The question is, given your previously stated thought process of appealing to tradition, would you have seen the injustices of slavery (if you were living in that time) to see that an amendment was warranted.

No doubt that there were many who had mindsets likes yours back then who thought that slavery issues was "settled law" and in their mind, no corrections were needed.

The question is, given your previously stated thought process of appealing to tradition, would you have seen the injustices of slavery (if you were living in that time) to see that an amendment was warranted

Obviously yes, given that we also recognize how abortion bans are so much like slavery

No doubt that there were many who had mindsets likes yours back then who thought that slavery issues was "settled law" and in their mind, no corrections were needed.

You thought the anti-liberty abortion ban laws needed no correction. We were like the abolitionists, and successfully worked to change those anti-liberty laws.

It's all about liberty. We back it, you oppose it.

Forum List

Back