A Man's HEAD IS SAWED OFF, and Now No One Cares...

Well then someone is jacking your shit! Either way you've got a serious problem. The way I see it the only way to prove your innocent is if you and Chippewa come on at the same time. Until then..........

Originally posted by dilloduck
Heard a developing news report about arrest being made in Iraq in connection with Bergs' beheading ! 4 men were taken into custody.

I hope they get the guy with the machete, seeing as he is the one who cut Pearl too.

Originally posted by Pale Rider
I'm in total disbelief and confusion as to why the liberal media is still whipping this horse about a couple of Iraqi terrorists that got depants, and the BEHEADING of Nick Berg is now forgotten completely.

Originally posted by Kathianne

Personally I'm more concerned about the lack of attention to the Sarin and mustard gas that didn't exist, but does. It's dangerous that the reporters are not following up on that. Berg like problems, solution: Don't run around Iraq and in other bad ME neighborhoods, especially if you are Jewish.

Personally, I'm not surprised at either. The Liberal Press HATES Bush and HATE this war because GWB started it. So, both the Nick Berg incident and the WMD story got buried and forgotten because, if they ran those stories more often, it might increase support for the war and for GWB. By gum! We can't do that in an ELECTION YEAR! Why that wouldn't be good for the Left or for the Democratic Party! And which is more important? This country's security or making the Left and the Dems look good?

Never mind that it is rank hypocrisy. After all, it for the advancement of the Left's agenda so the ends justifies the means!

Yeah, that about sums it up. Remember folks, in the Left's way of thinking there are TWO standards, one for them and one for the the peasantry (i.e regular folks like you and I). No matter what the Left does, it is correct. No matter what the Right does, it's wrong! Case closed!

I think NBCCBSABCMSNBCCNNRueters and a few liberal newspapers should all be punished for the biased way they have been reporting news for years.

Well, in a way they are being punished. Number one, FOX news is NUMBER ONE. Mainly because they don't twist the facts. They just lay out the story the way it is and let the viewer decide. It's obvious people want the truth by FOX news being number one. You'd think the others would see that and follow suit but no, they just can't help their incredgilous selves and their liberal left spin.

I for one have heard enough about the prisoner depantsing. It's old news. It's not worth all the hype. Oh wait.... in the liberals eye's, taking someones pants off is worse than....

......BEHEADING!

Why do liberals take such seeming "pleasure" in trashing America?

I for one have heard enough about the prisoner depantsing. It's old news. It's not worth all the hype. Oh wait.... in the liberals eye's, taking someones pants off is worse than....

......BEHEADING!

Why do liberals take such seeming "pleasure" in trashing America?

Is it just convenience for you, that you ignore the prisoners that were killed, sodomized, or beat?

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
Is it just convenience for you, that you ignore the prisoners that were killed, sodomized, or beat?

Show me proof prisoners were sodomized, killed or beat DK.... proof.

And what's the big deal with "sodomy" any? Don't liberals condone sodomy as legitimate?

Interesting .... when we were about to go to war, a lot of liberals argued that the atrocities that were going on in Iraq were "none of our business"....the events of Abu Gharib prison don't even hold a candle to what happened before we took over. Now that the libs have their chance to trash the war effort, suddenly, they are concerned about the welfare of Iraqis (some of whom, by the way, probably are guilty of killing Americans, mass murder etc).

Originally posted by nycflasher
I agree that the Abu disaster has been getting a bit too much press. Kinda like OJ or Kobe or S.Peterson or J.Benet Ramsey.
It's the story of the moment.
But we are at war, and it's relevant.

Perhaps there is less stuff on Berg because there is not much more to say? I mean, such a horrific way for an American life to end but the only thing we can do really is vigilantly pursue the terrorists who did this, and all those who perform similar acts of horror.

if you haven't seen it, that it is just as horrific if not more than you could imagine and I recommend avoiding watching it.

It is the most horrific thing I have seen in my near 30 years on this planet.

Thanks for the heads-up on the video. I'll skip it.

There is another difference between the Berg execution and the abuses in the prison. We're supposed to be the good guys. We were told that closing down Saddam's torture chamber is one of the reasons we went to war in Iraq. America is supposed to stand for something better than sadistic torture.

This story will continue to dominate the news for a while for several reasons. (1) There are currently at least five military and congressional investigations into the treatment of detainees in Cuba and the middle east. The results of those investigations will be reported by the media as they should.

(2) The trials will produce new evidence that will be reported as it should.

(3) Several of the investigations are examining the death of detainees in custody. Several have been clasified as homocides by the military investigators. Should they result in murder trails, they will be reported as they should.

(4) At some point, the chain of command is going to have to accept some responsibility for what happen in Iraq and elsewhere where prisoners were abused and that will be reported as it should.

(5) Iraq is going to stay in the news as it should and the prison is part of the story.

(6) US soldiers and civilian contractors will be cycled out of Iraq and will tell what they saw, heard and did and reporters will do what reporters should do, report their stories.

Most of all, the people that killed Berg have been thouroughly vilified as being terrorists who hate freedom. As animals who do not value life. We expect brutality from them. But what we've seen in the prison is a huge mirror held up to the face of America and a lot of people are shocked and horrified at what they see.

To a large degree, people accept that civilians get killed in a war zone. People accept that sometimes we hit the wrong target and some kids get blown up. People accept that in the chaos of war, bad things happen. People accept over 700 Americans getting killed there. We accept the horror of war because we believe that we are a good and just people trying to do the right thing.

The photos from the prison is a huge crack in the foundation of those beliefs for many Americans and that makes all the other horrors much, much harder to swallow. When enough Americans lose their belief in the justness of the cause as in the case of Vietnam, the whole thing collapses. That is why, as they say in the press, this story has legs.

keep in mind, we expect this kind of behavior from 'them', of course it's more upsetting when barbaric behavior is exhibited by 'us'. just a thought.

oh, and sodomy is fine when it's consensual, it's the forcing that's an issue. :)

And what's the big deal with "sodomy" any? Don't liberals condone sodomy as legitimate?

Gotta admit, I could not have said that better. That was beautiful Harley Davidson boy ;)

You're kidding me, right? you've been watching the news, you've heard the reports of the investigations, right? or are you going to use the tactic of needing someone to post a link everytime they remark about something thats been in the news for the past 3 weeks?

If you don't feel like theres a big deal about sodomy, then ask the next iraqi you see to sodomize you with a nightstick like they did some of the prisoners.

I still laugh my ass off when I see the pics. I guess i'll feel bad when they produce a pic of an Iraqi prisoner beheaded or burned alive and swinging from a bridge. I'm sorry a lightstick in the keester isn't nowhere equal.

Originally posted by OCA
I still laugh my ass off when I see the pics. I guess i'll feel bad when they produce a pic of an Iraqi prisoner beheaded or burned alive and swinging from a bridge. I'm sorry a lightstick in the keester isn't nowhere equal.

ok, take your pic. do we lower ourselves to their level, or do we force them to come up to ours?

Originally posted by st8_o_mind
We're supposed to be the good guys.

There you go again.

The idiocy displayed by a handful of deviant perverts does not change the fact that we are the good guys. Every society has it's miscreants, including our own. The real worth of a society it what it does to those miscreants. These people are the exception, not the rule.

Originally posted by Zhukov
There you go again.

The idiocy displayed by a handful of deviant perverts does not change the fact that we are the good guys. Every society has it's miscreants, including our own. The real worth of a society it what it does to those miscreants. These people are the exception, not the rule.

Doesn't the real worth of a society show itself in how it regards the actions done by those miscreants?

Originally posted by OCA

Several of the deaths of Iraqiis and Afghanistans in captivity have been classified as homocides by military investigators. Is a bullet in the brain less or more vile than cutting off someone's head? Is there a moral difference?

If the execution of Berg is horrible, then why does the US continue to execute prisoners? I believe Texas, when Shrub was governor, set the record for executions. Would it be okay with you if theyhad given Berg a trial before they cut his head off?

And with regard to your previous post about the Geneva Convention, I just came upon this in the today's post:

"The backdrop for the policy was an event that occurred on May 1, 2003. President Bush landed that day on teh deck of the USS Abraham Lincoln aircraft carrier off San Diago and declared that major combat operations were over. His declaration had direct but unpublicized consequences for those detained in Iraq military officials say: It ment they were no longer to be treated as prisoners of war, but instead as civilians held byan occupying power.

That ment, the officials said, that the detainees would come under the protections of the fourth artivcle of the Geneva Conventions, which explicitly allows long-term detentions of those considered to pose a threat to governing authorities."

Apparently, the Geneva Convention does apply assuming these un-named "military officials" are correct.

Originally posted by st8_o_mind
Is a bullet in the brain less or more vile than cutting off someone's head? Is there a moral difference?

Less. Probably not, but it's circumstantial.

Is there evidence that anyone was deliberately shot in the head? It was my impression that any 'homicides' were accidental in nature. Though they were indeed being tortured, the death of the prisoner was not the intention.

If the execution of Berg is horrible, then why does the US continue to execute prisoners?

That is an idiotic comparison. We execute people who have been proven to be a danger to society by a jury.

I believe Texas, when Shrub was governor, set the record for executions.

So what?

Would it be okay with you if theyhad given Berg a trial before they cut his head off?

Absolutely, provided it was fair and he was found guilty of some heinous crime. That's the point of a trial.

ok, take your pic. do we lower ourselves to their level, or do we force them to come up to ours?

You are assuming that they are capable of being brought up to our level. From my conversations with my Habib friends no way no how are these guys going to become civilized, these are the dregs of the Arab society, exactly why they are excellent recruits by the religious zealots there. Even these guys say you are going to have to eventually kill every single one or they will never stop. Whether thats attainable or not I do not know.

Originally posted by Zhukov
And what did I say?

you said "The real worth of a society it what it does to those miscreants.".

While ALSO true, it matters greatly that we state how we feel about the actions of those miscreants as well. I know what you meant and normally it could be assumed that the punishment dealt to those miscreants should state in no uncertain terms how we feel, but it never seems to work that way.

Forum List

Back