A man who used to be a psychotic atheist explains how God changed his life.

He's been in prison, not to mention several mental institutions. He's out now. If he was still psychotic, he'd still be incarcerated. That says a lot. Doesn't it? His life has been changed for the better, and he gives God the credit. That's all that matters. Doctors couldn't help him. Psychiatrists couldn't help him. Only God could help Him. I rest my case.
He's been in prison, not to mention several mental institutions. He's out now. If he was still psychotic, he'd still be incarcerated. That says a lot. Doesn't it?

Not necessarily at all. For instance, whether his release suggests his psychosis has been cured partly depends on whether his sentence was suspended to effect his early release, as contrasted with his being released in accordance with standard parole procedures, or released simply because the tenure of his sentence had passed. Another thing it depends on is his ability and predilection to be and not be a recidivist, which, with regard to his psychopathy, he can only be if psychiatrists/psychologists have declared he's overcome his psychopathy. If you have evidence of their having done so, by all means, share it. That's all you really need do in order to elevate the man's remarks to a status of being potentially worth considering.

There is also the matter that while psychotic individuals who are also incarcerated can be placed under psychiatric supervision and given treatment (that doesn't mean the "patient" responds positively to the treatment given), psychotic individuals who are not imprisoned, and/or whose prison sentence has expired, cannot unless there's strong evidence their psychosis makes them a physical threat to other's well being. Consequently, it's very possible the man's psychosis(-es) remain unabated.

In light of the above and as I noted before, "absent demonstrable evidence [of] a panel of psychiatrists having attested to his psychopathy having been cured, I don't see any sound reason to even listen to what [that man] has to say, much less propagate what [says]."
Are you blind? Just listen to what he says. He doesn't sound like a psychopath. And why would a psychopath go to the trouble of creating this video in order to give others hope?

There is also this...

David Wood is an American evangelical missionary, Christian apologist and polemicist. He is currently head of the Acts 17 Apologetics Ministry. He is a member of the Society of Christian Philosophers and the Evangelical Philosophical Society. Wikipedia

Born: April 7, 1976 (age 41)
Nationality: American
Spouse: Marie Wood
Children: 4
Residence: The Bronx, New York City, NY
Education: Doctor of Philosophy, Fordham University

Married with four children. member of society of Christian philosophers. College degree. I'd say his change is genuine. Wouldn't you?

That the man is a member of the two noted organizations carries about as much weight as does being a member of grocery store shopping program.
David Wood...is a member of the Society of Christian Philosophers
"The Society is open to anyone interested in philosophy who considers himself or herself a Christian." (Source)
David Wood is [a member of the] Evangelical Philosophical Society
To be a member of the Evangelical Philosophical Society (EPS), one must agree to the following doctrinal affirmation:
The Bible alone, and the Bible in its entirety, is the Word of God written and therefore inerrant in the original manuscripts. God is a Trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, each an uncreated person, one in essence, equal in power and glory.

Hell, being an American Express member more reliably indicates something about an individual than does belonging to either of the two noted organizations. As far as I can recall just now, about the only credentials that give one merit as a philosopher or theologian are doctoral degrees in philosophy, religious studies, and/or divinity.

To that end, your citing that he has a PhD in philosophy is appropriate, credible and addresses the fact that he's got the potential for substantive and meritorious thought; however, it says nothing about the core issue which that the man, by your assertion, was at one point acknowledges as being psychotic and you've yet to show that his status as such has changed. You see, a person can be simultaneously very smart, well educated and psychotic. Among individuals who are all of those things, one must obtain evidence that from their mind the psychosis has passed and all that remains is the keen intellect and abundant knowledge.

At the risk of seeming as though I'm aspersing you -- I'm not; I'm merely illustrating a point -- I'll note that I don't even know, for example, that you're not psychotic in roughly the same way David Wood was determined to be. Insofar as you might be, and if indeed you are, it's unsurprising that you'd cotton to his musings. You described the man having been psychotic, and I've merely taken your word for it that he was indeed thus diagnosed. I'm merely asking you to provide demonstrative, not circumstantial, evidence from the folks/organization that declared him psychotic that he's no longer psychotic, or at least that he wasn't when he produced/filmed the video you've referenced. Remember too that you wrote that he "used to be a psychotic," so it's not at all unreasonable that I ask you for demonstrative evidence that he is no longer so, i.e., that the "used to be" part of your assertion is indeed true.
You cannot dispute the fact that his life was changed for the better. The cause of this change was God. Nothing else worked. No one else could help him. Only God could. You also asked me to prove he is no longer psychotic. Well, he went to college, got his degree, is married with 4 children and is currently reaching out to others in order to help change their lives. Does that sound like someone who's psychotic?

What I want to know is how he received a degree PHD, from Fordham Uni. after prison with his record. Please explain that to me??

???

Having a prison record indicates one suffers/-ed from poor judgement, or perhaps mental illness, not abject mental midgetry. Colleges don't care much about that sort of thing; they care whether one has demonstrated the intellectual acuity and diligence it takes to obtain a degree and they care whether one's background shows that one might bring a unique perspective to the intellectual analysis one will be called to exhibit while pursuing a degree. Were one instead trying to get admitted to a first rate private high school, well, yes, in that instance, one's having a demonstrated history of behavioral delinquency would all but guarantee one's application for admission be denied.

Why the different behavioral standards/expectations? Because college students are adults; thus the institution has no obligation beyond the very low bar called the standard "duty of care" for its community. High schools, on the other hand, face a much higher standard because they are in the position of being adults who are charged with looking after the general well being of people's children. It's a difference wrought by having a student body comprised of adults vs. having one comprised of minors.

No I want to know how he paid for his PHD?

Not necessarily at all. For instance, whether his release suggests his psychosis has been cured partly depends on whether his sentence was suspended to effect his early release, as contrasted with his being released in accordance with standard parole procedures, or released simply because the tenure of his sentence had passed. Another thing it depends on is his ability and predilection to be and not be a recidivist, which, with regard to his psychopathy, he can only be if psychiatrists/psychologists have declared he's overcome his psychopathy. If you have evidence of their having done so, by all means, share it. That's all you really need do in order to elevate the man's remarks to a status of being potentially worth considering.

There is also the matter that while psychotic individuals who are also incarcerated can be placed under psychiatric supervision and given treatment (that doesn't mean the "patient" responds positively to the treatment given), psychotic individuals who are not imprisoned, and/or whose prison sentence has expired, cannot unless there's strong evidence their psychosis makes them a physical threat to other's well being. Consequently, it's very possible the man's psychosis(-es) remain unabated.

In light of the above and as I noted before, "absent demonstrable evidence [of] a panel of psychiatrists having attested to his psychopathy having been cured, I don't see any sound reason to even listen to what [that man] has to say, much less propagate what [says]."
Are you blind? Just listen to what he says. He doesn't sound like a psychopath. And why would a psychopath go to the trouble of creating this video in order to give others hope?

There is also this...

David Wood is an American evangelical missionary, Christian apologist and polemicist. He is currently head of the Acts 17 Apologetics Ministry. He is a member of the Society of Christian Philosophers and the Evangelical Philosophical Society. Wikipedia

Married with four children. member of society of Christian philosophers. College degree. I'd say his change is genuine. Wouldn't you?

That the man is a member of the two noted organizations carries about as much weight as does being a member of grocery store shopping program.
"The Society is open to anyone interested in philosophy who considers himself or herself a Christian." (Source)
To be a member of the Evangelical Philosophical Society (EPS), one must agree to the following doctrinal affirmation:
The Bible alone, and the Bible in its entirety, is the Word of God written and therefore inerrant in the original manuscripts. God is a Trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, each an uncreated person, one in essence, equal in power and glory.

Hell, being an American Express member more reliably indicates something about an individual than does belonging to either of the two noted organizations. As far as I can recall just now, about the only credentials that give one merit as a philosopher or theologian are doctoral degrees in philosophy, religious studies, and/or divinity.

To that end, your citing that he has a PhD in philosophy is appropriate, credible and addresses the fact that he's got the potential for substantive and meritorious thought; however, it says nothing about the core issue which that the man, by your assertion, was at one point acknowledges as being psychotic and you've yet to show that his status as such has changed. You see, a person can be simultaneously very smart, well educated and psychotic. Among individuals who are all of those things, one must obtain evidence that from their mind the psychosis has passed and all that remains is the keen intellect and abundant knowledge.

At the risk of seeming as though I'm aspersing you -- I'm not; I'm merely illustrating a point -- I'll note that I don't even know, for example, that you're not psychotic in roughly the same way David Wood was determined to be. Insofar as you might be, and if indeed you are, it's unsurprising that you'd cotton to his musings. You described the man having been psychotic, and I've merely taken your word for it that he was indeed thus diagnosed. I'm merely asking you to provide demonstrative, not circumstantial, evidence from the folks/organization that declared him psychotic that he's no longer psychotic, or at least that he wasn't when he produced/filmed the video you've referenced. Remember too that you wrote that he "used to be a psychotic," so it's not at all unreasonable that I ask you for demonstrative evidence that he is no longer so, i.e., that the "used to be" part of your assertion is indeed true.
You cannot dispute the fact that his life was changed for the better. The cause of this change was God. Nothing else worked. No one else could help him. Only God could. You also asked me to prove he is no longer psychotic. Well, he went to college, got his degree, is married with 4 children and is currently reaching out to others in order to help change their lives. Does that sound like someone who's psychotic?

What I want to know is how he received a degree PHD, from Fordham Uni. after prison with his record. Please explain that to me??

???

Having a prison record indicates one suffers/-ed from poor judgement, or perhaps mental illness, not abject mental midgetry. Colleges don't care much about that sort of thing; they care whether one has demonstrated the intellectual acuity and diligence it takes to obtain a degree and they care whether one's background shows that one might bring a unique perspective to the intellectual analysis one will be called to exhibit while pursuing a degree. Were one instead trying to get admitted to a first rate private high school, well, yes, in that instance, one's having a demonstrated history of behavioral delinquency would all but guarantee one's application for admission be denied.

Why the different behavioral standards/expectations? Because college students are adults; thus the institution has no obligation beyond the very low bar called the standard "duty of care" for its community. High schools, on the other hand, face a much higher standard because they are in the position of being adults who are charged with looking after the general well being of people's children. It's a difference wrought by having a student body comprised of adults vs. having one comprised of minors.

Why? What difference does it make how he financed his degree? Is not the only thing that matters how one finances one's own degree(s)?

-- Scholarships and Financial Aid | Scholarships and Financial Aid | Fordham
-- Financing Graduate Degrees

There is also this...

???

Why? What difference does it make how he financed his degree? Is not the only thing that matters how one finances one's own degree(s)?

Scholarships and Financial Aid | Scholarships and Financial Aid | Fordham

There is also this...

???

Just curious where he worked and who helped him, right out of prison? Doesn't say about his family , parents etc. Nothing worst that a new born Christian trying his best to convert atheist and Muslims.

There is also this...

???

Ever hear of student loans or scholarships? Anyone can get a student loan. Shoot, I'm on disability and I got a student loan.

There is also this...

???

There is also this...

???

Just curious where he worked and who helped him, right out of prison? Doesn't say about his family , parents etc. Nothing worst that a new born Christian trying his best to convert atheist and Muslims.
But it's OK for people like you trying to convince others that God is a myth? Seriously? Do you ever read what you post on here?

???

???

But it's OK for people like you trying to convince others that God is a myth? Seriously? Do you ever read what you post on here?

No I find new born again Christians love to tell where and how they found Jesus and even in Dearborn for the Muslim festival they have to go and preach. Nothing worst than a new born Christian that goes out and thinks he knows something special about a book, a group of books that are wrote by many authors and put together, and start pushing people to accept it.

There is also this...

???

Ever hear of student loans or scholarships? Anyone can get a student loan. Shoot, I'm on disability and I got a student loan.

Did he make up with his dad, not that I care that much. I find it funny some people who are on wiki not mention their roots and some people one can't find much info on, yet they put out junk on you tube. I guess I like to know more about the source, and I don't find him creditable because those who depend so much on Jesus, no telling what they will do when they lose him.
I take it Jesus is now his income so he probably wont lose him and I also see he really dishes on Islam.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back