A man that knows our countries real problems is faced with another bullshit sideshow

Let's be clear, this is A question for our legislature to deal with, not our president.
Ah, yes.....our hard-working Legislature....where a bar-fly is trying to herd Teabaggin' House-rookies....from D.C.'s various taverns.

We_Got_Nothing.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qnwp6J7P20]Marijuana Inc. on MSNBC with Al Roker - Part 1 of 5 - YouTube[/ame]​

then again, dont people Need Jobs to buy the legal mariujana?
Based on the prices I've seen in tv coverage of some California "dispensaries" one would need more than an ordinary job to afford to use medical marijuana. There appears to be little (or no) difference in pricing from that of bootleg marijuana, which is exorbitant only because of the risk of criminal penalties. Unless something is done to repeal the outrageous marijuana laws what we'll have are two types of cartel marketing it; illegal cartels and legal cartels.

Based on things my parents told us the HBO series, Boardwalk Empire, seems to provide a clear picture of the corruption which attended alcohol prohibition in the Twenties.

....The germinal-days o' drive-by shootings!

It is important to note that back in the seventies, when marijuana was decriminalized in New York City, the price of an ounce of ordinary low-potency "ditchweed" was around $20. I understand today's price for the same thing is around $250 (correct me if I'm mistaken). Back then the price of an ounce of the finest, hydroponically grown indica sinsemilla was around $80. I've heard that people are paying as much as $500 for the same thing today (they call it "lawyer bud").

Yeah...it was the same in PA (circa '74/'75); $20 bags.....from $135 bricks (if you were in-the-business :eusa_whistle: )....and $40 for outstanding, spongy Red Bud Colombian. Back, around '69, you'd get (comparable to) a shot-glass-full, for $5 (from the kids comin' home, for the weekend, from Penn State). After moving to Boulder County (CO), in early '75, I'd found the local-market to be $13 (per bag o' really-good Mexican).

Hell, back in '96, when I was working a contract in Austin, bags o' great Mexican were readily-available for $70. They had some great head-shops, there, as well!! (If you go, visit Oat Willies.)

I guess Gov. Bush wasn't such a drug-"warrior", at that time.​

I can't for the life of me figure out why the elitist media seems to think politicians should be milquetoast powder puffs. I'm sure as hell not looking for a bend-over president and I doubt I'm alone with that thinking............
I guess you're too young to remember....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DI7u-TytRU]Bill Clinton Kicks the Crap out of Fox News Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWhkgRBMzWQ[/ame]

February 7, 2009

Last edited:
I gather you failed to understand I was referring to politicians campaigning for office, trying to get elected.

Many politicians show their testiness once they're in office.

I would think you were old enough to be aware of that.

But maybe not...............

Someone give shawoman her meds please.
That's a helluva-way to say Thanks!!

"Wall Street investment bank JP Morgan took risky bets and just lost two billion dollars of other people's money.

Elizabeth Warren says: "With the Progressive Change Campaign Committee, I'm calling on Congress to put Wall Street reform back on the agenda and to begin by passing a new Glass-Steagall Act. This was the law that stopped investment banks from gambling away people's life savings for decades -- until Wall Street successfully lobbied to have it repealed in 1999."

Someone give shawoman her meds please.
That's a helluva-way to say Thanks!!

"Wall Street investment bank JP Morgan took risky bets and just lost two billion dollars of other people's money.

Elizabeth Warren says: "With the Progressive Change Campaign Committee, I'm calling on Congress to put Wall Street reform back on the agenda and to begin by passing a new Glass-Steagall Act. This was the law that stopped investment banks from gambling away people's life savings for decades -- until Wall Street successfully lobbied to have it repealed in 1999."

I think Warren is going to be lucky if she finds her heritage, she is still holding fast to that 1/64th part of her.

Forum List

Back