A man that knows our countries real problems is faced with another bullshit sideshow

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Question.

The media is DESPERATE to keep the real issues on the back burner.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84SrivR4ghM&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Mitt Romney on Medical Marijuana - YouTube[/ame]

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
It's 'country's', and Romney doesn't know shit about real problems.

It's 'country's', and Romney doesn't know shit about real problems.

Yes, I love how partisans on both sides talk about how "in touch" their candidate is. To use an analogy: if engaged is the Sun, Obama is Mars. Romney is Pluto.

I think you got Obama way to close, I think with his new stance on gay marriage, Uranus would be most accurate.

Isn't he the same guy you called a "shitty choice" a few weeks ago?

Still is, but beats Obama hands down :eusa_shifty:

Typical "yeah but" rationalization.

1267053202_bike_stoppie.gif

then again, dont people Need Jobs to buy the legal mariujana?
Based on the prices I've seen in tv coverage of some California "dispensaries" one would need more than an ordinary job to afford to use medical marijuana. There appears to be little (or no) difference in pricing from that of bootleg marijuana, which is exorbitant only because of the risk of criminal penalties. Unless something is done to repeal the outrageous marijuana laws what we'll have are two types of cartel marketing it; illegal cartels and legal cartels.

Based on things my parents told us the HBO series, Boardwalk Empire, seems to provide a clear picture of the corruption which attended alcohol prohibition in the Twenties. And I'm certain the same situation is behind the unnecessary, unreasonable and clearly counterproductive present-day prohibition of marijuana. Fortunes are made from the illegal distribution of this natural plant and a significant percentage of that money finds its way to the pockets of those who legislate and enforce the pot laws, either via direct bribery or via maintenance of the massive law-enforcement bureaucracy which has evolved from the unjustifiable prohibition of marijuana, alone.

It is important to note that back in the seventies, when marijuana was decriminalized in New York City, the price of an ounce of ordinary low-potency "ditchweed" was around $20. I understand today's price for the same thing is around $250 (correct me if I'm mistaken). Back then the price of an ounce of the finest, hydroponically grown indica sinsemilla was around $80. I've heard that people are paying as much as $500 for the same thing today (they call it "lawyer bud").

At present, whether illegal or legal (as in medical dispensaries), the sale of marijuana is quite clearly a criminal enterprise.

I heard a few talking heads speculating on whether Romney's "testiness" would get him in trouble, seeming to believe that it was always necessary to have a smile on your face and always play "nice."

Funny - I have a feeling that a few Tea Party members watching that scene may have suddenly realized that maybe, just maybe, this bland dude we're not too sure about might really have a pair.

I can't for the life of me figure out why the elitist media seems to think politicians should be milquetoast powder puffs. I'm sure as hell not looking for a bend-over president and I doubt I'm alone with that thinking............

Forum List

Back