A Majority of Americans Support Obama Jobs Bill

Think of the first stimulus as crappy, watered down Kool-Aide. We didn't like it, said so, but were forced to drink it anyway. This 'jobs bill' was the same thing, only with even more water to dilute it, making it taste even worse.

Thankfully, we were not forced to drink this time.

I would like to congratulate you. That is the first time you posted in this thread and did not mention some guy's dick. I think you're making real progress.

For all those cheering because they think this jobs bill is dead, why are you cheering? I'll be the first to admit the jobs bill wasn't perfect, but it was SOMETHING and it would have helped our current job situation. Without this bill, there is nothing. Nothing at all.

Are you honestly suggesting things will get better if we do nothing?

Something from Democrats is next to nothing.

Best thing we can do is bide time till the election and broom them out of Washington.

As long as they're there they're intent on throwing a monkey-wrench in the works.

No matter what the American people want?

you want to rule as if this is not a democracy

I would like to congratulate you. That is the first time you posted in this thread and did not mention some guy's dick. I think you're making real progress.

For all those cheering because they think this jobs bill is dead, why are you cheering? I'll be the first to admit the jobs bill wasn't perfect, but it was SOMETHING and it would have helped our current job situation. Without this bill, there is nothing. Nothing at all.

Best thing we can do is bide time till the election and broom them out of Washington.

As long as they're there they're intent on throwing a monkey-wrench in the works.

Hey, fuckwad, it isn't.

so... you're of the opinion that if the American people want it, they should get it, right?

And if they don.t, they shouldn't?

Does that accurately reflect your opinion?

Do nothing? No. Do the right thing? Yes. Is thowing more good money after bad the thing to do? No. Is listening to the engine of job creation (business owners) and doing what they suggest a good thing to do? Yes. But when you consider business owners to be eeeeeevvvvvviiiiillllll, why would you listen to them. The answers are easy. Obama needs to pull his head out of his ass to realize it.

So now infrastructure is a bad thing? You cons sure are inconsistent. Business owners need people to buy their products. People can't buy their products if they have no money. it's a pretty simple equation that seems to escape the logic of your typical con.

Of course infrastructure isn't a bad thing.......until you use it to build bridges to nowhere and a temporary job. We need long term permanent jobs, not a government program building stuff to artifically employee people for a short time. It's like the Army having one platoon dig holes and another platoon fill them to keep them busy. Using taxpayer dollars to employee people temporarily is not the answer we need.

Bitch, how many times do we have to tell you this isn't a Democracy, it's a Republic.

Democraps are in the habit of telling the American people what they want, not listening to what they want.

They proved that when they pushed health care down our throats.

If you believe getting fucked in the ass without first being lubed up is what America wants then you're lost. But what else is new.

Last edited:
56225048212860130200_610w.jpeg

Of course infrastructure isn't a bad thing.......until you use it to build bridges to nowhere and a temporary job. We need long term permanent jobs, not a government program building stuff to artifically employee people for a short time. It's like the Army having one platoon dig holes and another platoon fill them to keep them busy. Using taxpayer dollars to employee people temporarily is not the answer we need.

Except of course that's not what is being proposed and is not what we did last time. Building a road or bridge or school may only employ people for a short amount of time, but we are left with an asset we can use for generations to come. When you guys complain about job bills, you completely ignore the reality that we as a country are left with better assets after those jobs are done.

Additionally, you're assuming that there is a limit to how many things we can build or repair. You're not even open to the idea that the level of work this country needs could take a generation to complete. Would you still call that temporary?

Do nothing? No. Do the right thing? Yes. Is thowing more good money after bad the thing to do? No. Is listening to the engine of job creation (business owners) and doing what they suggest a good thing to do? Yes. But when you consider business owners to be eeeeeevvvvvviiiiillllll, why would you listen to them. The answers are easy. Obama needs to pull his head out of his ass to realize it.

So now infrastructure is a bad thing? You cons sure are inconsistent. Business owners need people to buy their products. People can't buy their products if they have no money. it's a pretty simple equation that seems to escape the logic of your typical con.

Or spending half a trillion to build solar panels nobody will buy because the costs are too high.

51 out of 53 Dems voted in favor of the bill. :lol::lol::lol: Have another drink. Moron.

learn to count, dick-drip :rofl:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/12/us/politics/obamas-jobs-bill-senate-vote.html
The legislation, announced with fanfare by the president at a joint session of Congress last month, fell 10 votes short of the 60 needed to overcome procedural hurdles in the Senate.

The vote in favor of advancing the bill on Tuesday was 50 to 49.

EDIT:

here,. this might help you improve your math skills...
Learning to count

Are you this stupid in real life or just on the internets? 51 out of 53 is a majority. A substantial majority. In fact, it a was a fucking landslide of Dems that voted for it. YOU. ARE. A. MORON. :lol::lol::lol:

If 51 Dims voted for the bill, how do you (math genius) account for the final vote in favor of passage being LESS than 51?

learn to count, dick-drip :rofl:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/12/us/politics/obamas-jobs-bill-senate-vote.html

EDIT:

here,. this might help you improve your math skills...
Learning to count

Are you this stupid in real life or just on the internets? 51 out of 53 is a majority. A substantial majority. In fact, it a was a fucking landslide of Dems that voted for it. YOU. ARE. A. MORON. :lol::lol::lol:

If 51 Dims voted for the bill, how do you (math genius) account for the final vote in favor of passage being LESS than 51?

JosefK isn't counting the actual final results as 'actual, final' results. He's counting the vote, before Reid changed his vote, as the final results. Problem is, no one else in the world is. He is an island, unto himself on this. Probably where he belongs though, huh.

JosefK isn't counting the actual final results as 'actual, final' results. He's counting the vote, before Reid changed his vote, as the final results. Problem is, no one else in the world is. He is an island, unto himself on this. Probably where he belongs though, huh.
Let's see....50 votes means 51 votes......57 states......about a thousand countries marching against the ruling-class.

Oh, btw, Obama was so concerned about how the bill was doing he ignored the vote and started sucking down Guinness Stout at a bar with some of his people.....unemployed former contractors.

For a bit I thought JosefK might be an alumnus of Obama's school of ciphering.

But at least Josef's explanation makes sense.

Doesn't compare to Obama's innumeracy.

You apparently do not understand the concept of FINAL, or OFFICIAL, in regards to the vote count on the bill.

I guess your upbringing or education was lacking.

Reid voted for it, then changed his vote as a parliamentary procedure which will enable him to bring up the bill again. Still not grasping that concept? I'm not surprised. You. Are. A. Moron.
If Reid wanted it passed he'd have found a way.

After all he sets the rules.

What part of that don't you understand?

So Reid can just ignore the 60 vote threshold? I guess that's how he was able in the last 3 yrs to pass everything he wanted with a simple majority....oh wait, that didn't happen. Republicans blocked everything, which required a 60 vote majority for pretty much anything. How do you not grasp that?

Forum List

Back