A Majority of Americans Support Obama Jobs Bill

Who cares about the poll results? Bottom line is that this "jobs plan" is nothing more than a watered down version of the Obama stimulus plan from two years ago, a plan that didn't create jobs while spending over a trillion dollars of money we had to borrow from China (resulting in the first ever downgrade of our credit worthiness). So why on earth would anyone want to spend a half trillion MORE dollars (which we will once again have to borrow from China...only at a higher rate this time!) on a plan that already didn't work? They say that one definition of insanity is to keep repeating the same action while expecting a different outcome. In this case that's a rather apt observation.

from the dick-drip OP's link...
The jobs bill President Obama proposed has many parts to it, and most Americans at this point no doubt do not understand fully what would be involved if it were to be passed either in part or as a whole.

the dick-drip OP is also a liar. The thread title should have the word SIMILAR in it, like the question in the poll he linked to.

As well as the REAL meaning of the term "JOBS BILL" which would be "STIMULUS" BILL. :eusa_whistle:

The jobs bill President Obama proposed has many parts to it, and most Americans at this point no doubt do not understand fully what would be involved if it were to be passed either in part or as a whole.

the dick-drip OP is also a liar. The thread title should have the word SIMILAR in it, like the question in the poll he linked to.

As well as the REAL meaning of the term "JOBS BILL" which would be "STIMULUS" BILL. :eusa_whistle:

Think of the first stimulus as crappy, watered down Kool-Aide. We didn't like it, said so, but were forced to drink it anyway. This 'jobs bill' was the same thing, only with even more water to dilute it, making it taste even worse.

Thankfully, we were not forced to drink this time.

Stimulus has been banned from the English Language.

So shall it be written. So shall it be done.

Stimulus has been banned from the English Language.

So shall it be written. So shall it be done.

Sorta like when progressive became liberal, stimulus is now Jobs ;)

It did not get 51 votes, dick-drip. haven't you figured that part out YET? :rofl:

It would have except that Reid changed his vote last minute as a parliamentary procedure so that he could bring the bill back up. You. Are. A. Moron.

BTW, your obsession with dick-dripping is beginning to concern me.

What was the ACTUAL FINAL OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT, dick-stain.

HINT: It there were NOT 51 votes 'for' it in the final count, which is all that fucking matters.

51 votes until Reid changed his as a parliamentary procedure. Is that hard for you to understand you stupid fucking cock-itch?

Think of the first stimulus as crappy, watered down Kool-Aide. We didn't like it, said so, but were forced to drink it anyway. This 'jobs bill' was the same thing, only with even more water to dilute it, making it taste even worse.

I would like to congratulate you. That is the first time you posted in this thread and did not mention some guy's dick. I think you're making real progress.

For all those cheering because they think this jobs bill is dead, why are you cheering? I'll be the first to admit the jobs bill wasn't perfect, but it was SOMETHING and it would have helped our current job situation. Without this bill, there is nothing. Nothing at all.

Are you honestly suggesting things will get better if we do nothing?

The poor Democrats in the Senate can't get those evil Repugs from trashing the Obama Blow-Jobs bill.

Nevermind they had just enough Dems defecting from the majority and voting no, including Harry Reid.

So the Repugs hate America and want a weak economy and thus a weak President.

Who cares that Obama's BJ bill wasn't meant to pass in the first place. It was meant to place the blame firmly at the feet of the GOP.

Btw, nothing in that STIMULUS bill would have worked any better then the first one did.

I would like to congratulate you. That is the first time you posted in this thread and did not mention some guy's dick. I think you're making real progress.

For all those cheering because they think this jobs bill is dead, why are you cheering? I'll be the first to admit the jobs bill wasn't perfect, but it was SOMETHING and it would have helped our current job situation. Without this bill, there is nothing. Nothing at all.

Something from Democrats is next to nothing.

Best thing we can do is bide time till the election and broom them out of Washington.

As long as they're there they're intent on throwing a monkey-wrench in the works.

Do nothing? No. Do the right thing? Yes. Is thowing more good money after bad the thing to do? No. Is listening to the engine of job creation (business owners) and doing what they suggest a good thing to do? Yes. But when you consider business owners to be eeeeeevvvvvviiiiillllll, why would you listen to them. The answers are easy. Obama needs to pull his head out of his ass to realize it.

Do nothing? No. Do the right thing? Yes. Is thowing more good money after bad the thing to do? No. Is listening to the engine of job creation (business owners) and doing what they suggest a good thing to do? Yes. But when you consider business owners to be eeeeeevvvvvviiiiillllll, why would you listen to them. The answers are easy. Obama needs to pull his head out of his ass to realize it.

So now infrastructure is a bad thing? You cons sure are inconsistent. Business owners need people to buy their products. People can't buy their products if they have no money. it's a pretty simple equation that seems to escape the logic of your typical con.

It would have except that Reid changed his vote last minute as a parliamentary procedure so that he could bring the bill back up. You. Are. A. Moron.

BTW, your obsession with dick-dripping is beginning to concern me.

HINT: It there were NOT 51 votes 'for' it in the final count, which is all that fucking matters.

51 votes until Reid changed his as a parliamentary procedure. Is that hard for you to understand you stupid fucking cock-itch?

You apparently do not understand the concept of FINAL, or OFFICIAL, in regards to the vote count on the bill.

I guess your upbringing or education was lacking.

You apparently do not understand the concept of FINAL, or OFFICIAL, in regards to the vote count on the bill.

Reid voted for it, then changed his vote as a parliamentary procedure which will enable him to bring up the bill again. Still not grasping that concept? I'm not surprised. You. Are. A. Moron.

Reid voted for it, then changed his vote as a parliamentary procedure which will enable him to bring up the bill again. Still not grasping that concept? I'm not surprised. You. Are. A. Moron.
If Reid wanted it passed he'd have found a way.

After all he sets the rules.

What part of that don't you understand?

My God... did your parents have any children that lived?

What he voted 'at first', doesn't matter. He voted, officially, NO. That was the final vote, how it is recorded... REID voted NO. You claimed 51 yes votes... the OFFICIAL count is 50.

YOU

WERE

WRONG

Period. End of fucking story.

NO BRAINS FOR YOU!

So now infrastructure is a bad thing? You cons sure are inconsistent. Business owners need people to buy their products. People can't buy their products if they have no money. it's a pretty simple equation that seems to escape the logic of your typical con.

Infrastructure maintenance is a necessary thing and it's why we have a substantial gas tax to pay for the upkeep of roads and bridges. Unfortunately, the government has been allowed to divert much of that tax to pay for other things...hence the sorry state of our infrastructure in this country. If you're REALLY concerned about the infrastructure in America then push for legislation that would prohibit the raiding of that gas tax for other purposes.

As for how infrastructure spending NOW would affect the unemployment situation...I'll remind you of what happened in regards to that with the ORIGINAL stimulus program. If you remember there was a serious problem with "shovel ready" jobs not being shovel ready. It turned out that going through the long and drawn out procedures that need to be followed to bid and award government contracts meant that jobs weren't being created for people because the process was so long. So what's changed? The 14 million unemployed people in this country need work NOW. Instead of doing something to help them, Barack Obama is proposing something that will put people back to work a year or more down the road. There are people out there that have run out of unemployment, have exhausted their savings and are desperate for jobs NOW...not next year...not the year after that...NOW.

Infrastructure maintenance is a necessary thing and it's why we have a substantial gas tax to pay for the upkeep of roads and bridges. Unfortunately, the government has been allowed to divert much of that tax to pay for other things...hence the sorry state of our infrastructure in this country. If you're REALLY concerned about the infrastructure in America then push for legislation that would prohibit the raiding of that gas tax for other purposes.

As for how infrastructure spending NOW would affect the unemployment situation...I'll remind you of what happened in regards to that with the ORIGINAL stimulus program. If you remember there was a serious problem with "shovel ready" jobs not being shovel ready. It turned out that going through the long and drawn out procedures that need to be followed to bid and award government contracts meant that jobs weren't being created for people because the process was so long. So what's changed? The 14 million unemployed people in this country need work NOW. Instead of doing something to help them, Barack Obama is proposing something that will put people back to work a year or more down the road. There are people out there that have run out of unemployment, have exhausted their savings and are desperate for jobs NOW...not next year...not the year after that...NOW.

Absolutely

You can't just snap your fingers and bingo, there are shovel ready jobs all over the place.

Barry found that out. He obviously had no idea of the planning that goes into infrastructure building or repair.

This "jobs" bill is anything but. Its just another stimulus package.

I guess Barry believes if it didn't work the first time well then by god it will work this time.

Guys an imcompetant boob.

Absolutely

You can't just snap your fingers and bingo, there are shovel ready jobs all over the place.

Barry found that out. He obviously had no idea of the planning that goes into infrastructure building or repair.

I guess Barry believes if it didn't work the first time well then by god it will work this time.

My biggest problem with Barack Obama at this point is his unwillingness to admit that what he's tried hasn't worked. Let's be honest...he came in with zero experience as an executive. He took the advice of people who he "thought" had expertise in economics like Larry Summers and Christina Romer and it turned out that they were better suited as academics than they were in dealing with the real world. Those two have since tucked tail and run back to the relative safety of tenured positions at Harvard and Berkeley leaving their neophyte Obama behind to try and pick up the pieces.

What's becoming increasingly obvious over the past six months is that the Obama Administration has no new ideas to fix the economy and instead wants to double down on another installment of the stimulus plan that didn't work the first time around. Look, everyone makes mistakes...the mark of an intelligent person is they learn from those mistakes and take corrective action not to repeat them.

Absolutely

My biggest problem with Barack Obama at this point is his unwillingness to admit that what he's tried hasn't worked. Let's be honest...he came in with zero experience as an executive. He took the advice of people who he "thought" had expertise in economics like Larry Summers and Christina Romer and it turned out that they were better suited as academics than they were in dealing with the real world. Those two have since tucked tail and run back to the relative safety of tenured positions at Harvard and Berkeley leaving their neophyte Obama behind to try and pick up the pieces.

What's becoming increasingly obvious over the past six months is that the Obama Administration has no new ideas to fix the economy and instead wants to double down on another installment of the stimulus plan that didn't work the first time around. Look, everyone makes mistakes...the mark of an intelligent person is they learn from those mistakes and take corrective action not to repeat them.

Ever thought that failure was part of the plan???

When this system collapses they already have a new system in place.

People will suffer but they're collateral damage to them. Causualties of the class struggle between the Proletariate and the Ruling-class Capitalist Pigs.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back