A Major in Journalism

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
Curious if any of us USMB er's have a degree in Journalism? Specifically, within the last 5 years? If so, how does real world practice of the degree align with the academic syllabus?

-Geaux

Curious if any of us USMB er's have a degree in Journalism? Specifically, within the last 5 years? If so, how does real world practice of the degree align with the academic syllabus?

-Geaux
Good question. My degree is in broadcast journalism, but I graduated a hundred years ago.

Based on today's "journalism", I find it very difficult to believe that kids today are taught the same things we were.

-Geaux
For once in this forum, it would be nice if people talked to actual journalism students and teachers instead of making up whatever fits their agenda of "College as Indoctrination Camp."

Well write this down, you bully sources with punishments to fake things that Never existed as if someone could Possibly have something to Provide to enemies on the internet, ever. There Does Not Exist the beginning of anyone knowing a problem for 10 years, where journalists Agree they will Not be part of snooping, they're Not a part of it. 10 Years intimate they are though, and liars. I'm witchhunted to provide a story, I provided 100s of stories equally, then "journalists" just gave away and repeated which withchhunt they were after in all of it. No altercations took place. No stories took place. No witness statement is made by me in anything. All the 2nd hand reporting of other people's statements is not a reliable occurrence. There certainly is Not a story about so much as a bad day in over 10 years.

Oh and at 21, 80% of students are not virgins or More. At that rate and up to 90% by the date in question of 23 and 27, and COUNTLESS other ridiculous fetishes, about not kissing, not hugging, on task, working, nonbullying, not superior, working, planning each day with family, students, to be instantly culpably in police custody with bold labels like "hitting on married people", that's above , flirting, and sex, that's asking for sex from somebody.

Last edited:
Well write this down, you bully sources with punishments to fake things that Never existed as if someone could Possibly have something to Provide to enemies on the internet, ever. There Does Not Exist the beginning of anyone knowing a problem for 10 years, where journalists Agree they will Not be part of snooping, they're Not a part of it. 10 Years intimate they are though, and liars. I'm witchhunted to provide a story, I provided 100s of stories equally, then "journalists" just gave away and repeated which withchhunt they were after in all of it. No altercations took place. No stories took place. No witness statement is made by me in anything. All the 2nd hand reporting of other people's statements is not a reliable occurrence. There certainly is Not a story about so much as a bad day in over 10 years.

Oh and at 21, 80% of students are not virgins or More. At that rate and up to 90% by the date in question of 23 and 27, and COUNTLESS other ridiculous fetishes, about not kissing, not hugging, on task, working, nonbullying, not superior, working, planning each day with family, students, to be instantly culpably in police custody with bold labels like "hitting on married people", that's above , flirting, and sex, that's asking for sex from somebody.
What’s your native language?

Agreed. I became lost in the translation.

Regardless, Some real world input would be welcome

-Geaux

I took a look at UF. From one of their course on Investigative Reporting

-Geaux

Peer fact-checking: This will be the linchpin to our story bulletproofing process. You will verify every fact in a colleague’s story after its first draft has been submitted. Fact errors found before publication are what we seek. Fact errors found post-publication can be devastating and lessen the public trust in investigative journalism. For this reason, any fact errors discovered after publication of your colleague’s story results in a failure of this assignment and thus a letter grade deduction in the grade you earn this semester.

https://www.jou.ufl.edu/assets/syllabi/201901/syllabus_JOU4123_Class16381.pdf

Agreed. I became lost in the translation.

Regardless, Some real world input would be welcome

-Geaux
I’m trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Ya well, just remember this society would leave every single one of you, in a cold damp dark cave, and be ready for the song and dance when the journalist shows up for charades, now you're a lumberjack for me to write about, now you're a serial killer, now you're visiting parliament.

Forum List

Back