A lot of them saw more action

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
From the Obama spokespeople, "A lot of them saw as much action but didn't crack". They were talking about Army Sgt Bales who is alleged to have killed 16 Afghans but keep it in mind the next time you see whiny lefties crusade for treatment for alleged PTSS victims who never even saw combat.

If you haven't walked in his shoes.... the ones that don't quite fit right cuz he lost part of his foot in an IED, then you might want to try that before you hang this man. If anyone needs to answer for it, it is our politicians who force our military to hold the hands of our enemies instead of killing them and coming home.

If you haven't walked in his shoes.... the ones that don't quite fit right cuz he lost part of his foot in an IED, then you might want to try that before you hang this man. If anyone needs to answer for it, it is our politicians who force our military to hold the hands of our enemies instead of killing them and coming home.
Sorry, a 38 year old man just doesn't go around killing children like that.

There is no excuse that matters.

Excuse? No. Reasons? Yea. He snapped. It happens... particularly when one's been wounded.... twice, one of which was a traumatic brain injury... and told he'd never be sent back.... after the previous 4 tours.... he was under pressure that few of us will ever experience.... personally, I will not judge him. But I will judge his COs, the doctors who signed him fit for duty, politicians who care more about politics than our military's welfare... and idiots on messageboards who think they know more than they actually know.

And, if 99.99% wouldn't have done this. That in itself defeats your assertion.... he's clearly the 0.01%.

Last edited:

Excuse? No. Reasons? Yea. He snapped. It happens... particularly when one's been wounded.... twice, one of which was a traumatic brain injury... and told he'd never be sent back.... after the previous 4 tours.... he was under pressure that few of us will ever experience.... personally, I will not judge him. But I will judge his COs, the doctors who signed him fit for duty, politicians who care more about politics than our military's welfare... and idiots on messageboards who think they know more than they actually know.

And, if 99.99% wouldn't have done this. That in itself defeats your assertion.... he's clearly the 0.01%.

It doesn't happen all the time. Most people don't pick up a weapon and go out and slaughter children.

It doesn't happen all the time. Most people don't pick up a weapon and go out and slaughter children.

I'm not defending his actions, I'm considering the circumstances that led to it. This is not SOP for our military... something went horribly wrong with this guy. And, having some understanding of the conditions under which they are working, and having some vague knowledge of the pressure they are under... I will not condemn the man.... his actions, yea... but not the man.

I'm not defending his actions, I'm considering the circumstances that led to it. This is not SOP for our military... something went horribly wrong with this guy. And, having some understanding of the conditions under which they are working, and having some vague knowledge of the pressure they are under... I will not condemn the man.... his actions, yea... but not the man.

LOL! That's like saying you won't condemn Hitler because who knows what demons drove him.

The guy did something most people would never do, no matter how horribly they were treated.

It's really that simple.

LOL! That's like saying you won't condemn Hitler because who knows what demons drove him.

The guy did something most people would never do, no matter how horribly they were treated.

It's really that simple.

:lol::lol: How very overly emotional, with a touch of hysteria thrown in for good measure. It really isn't that 'simple', Ravi. Much as we might wish it was... it isn't.

I agree... It's tough. These soldiers are being asked to live amongst their enemies in unprecedented fashion... Not too hard to imagine an individual eventually tweaking under the circumstances.

I agree... It's tough. These soldiers are being asked to live amongst their enemies in unprecedented fashion... Not too hard to imagine an individual eventually tweaking under the circumstances.

That's what I mean.... the conditions that we expect them to work under... not for a few months... but time after time after time after time. It's not right. It's so easy for keyboard warriors to sit in judgment of these people.... but very few of us have done what has been asked of them.

I have a hard time imaging someone would kill innocent children because he believed himself to "victimized."

And frankly, I think it is an insult to every soldier to even put up that excuse.

I have a hard time imaging someone would kill innocent children because he believed himself to "victimized."

And frankly, I think it is an insult to every soldier to even put up that excuse.

Did he say he "believed himself to be victimized" ???

I think he probably felt threatened and exhausted, but I'm no psychologist...

Okay, he killed kids because he felt threatened and exhausted.

No offense, but that's crazy. If he killed adults or even his COs or even himself. But kids?

No.

No offense, but that's crazy. If he killed adults or even his COs or even himself. But kids?

No.

Obviously it is crazy to kill kids, we agree...

No.

Now you're talking. It certainly isn't the fault of PTSD.

No.

Now you're talking. It certainly isn't the fault of PTSD.

I'm not sure he even knew he was killing kids by what he did that night... ?

Forum List

Back