A Look At The Lt. Dan Band

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
by War News Updates Editor War News Updates: A Look At The Lt. Dan Band

Lt. Dan Band's Gary Sinise A Musical Force For The U.S. Military -- L.A. Times

'CSI: NY' star Gary Sinise has long raised his voice for military veterans, and as leader of the Lt. Dan Band he takes his support directly to the troops.

SAN DIEGO — Under a gray sky, not far from San Diego's Balboa Park, actor Gary Sinise is getting ready to strap on his bass guitar and play before a crowd of more than 2,000 people.

It's the last day of a recent weeklong celebration for the fifth anniversary of the Comprehensive Combat and Complex Casualty Care (C-5) program at the Naval Medical Center San Diego for the war wounded. Members of the Cirque du Soleil Street Team are performing. There are balloons, face painting and rock climbing for kids, plus barbecue from Food Network star Robert Irvine.

Read more .... Lt. Dan Band's Gary Sinise a musical force for the U.S. military - latimes.com

My Comment: Kudos to Gary Sinise and his band for the work that they do. A must see 60 Minutes report on Gary Sinise from 60 Minutes is at the link. :clap2::clap2:

Way to go Lt. Dan...
:cool:
Gary Sinise named an Honorary Marine
August 30, 2013 > Gary Sinise, the actor who played Lt. Dan in the 1993 movie “Forrest Gump,” has been named an Honorary Marine.
Gen. James F. Amos, the Marine Corps commandant, said Sinise earned the recognition because of his efforts to support military veterans. “There is little I can say to enhance the rich reputation Gary Sinise has earned,” Amos said during a ceremony at the Marine Corps Barracks in Washington, D.C., on Thursday. “What I can do, what I am privileged and proud to do, is to recognize this humble patriot's selfless service by making him an Honorary Marine.”

image.jpg

Actor Gary Sinise performs with his band, the Lt. Dan Band, for 74 wounded veterans and caregivers on Sept. 15, 2012, as part of the third Lt. Dan Weekend in Beaufort, S.C.

According to a Marine Corps press release, Sinise was “totally surprised” by the honor he received. “I’m humbled, shocked, moved and motivated to keep standing up for our men and women (in uniform) and giving back to them,” Sinise was reported as saying. Sinise, who regularly performs with his band, The Lt. Dan Band, also heads The Gary Sinise Foundation, which exists to honor “defenders, veterans, first responders, their families, and those in need,” according to the foundation’s website. “We do this by creating and supporting unique programs designed to entertain, educate, inspire, strengthen, and build communities,” the website said.

According to the Marine Corps release, other notable people who share the title of Honorary Marine with Sinise are actor Chuck Norris and Pulitzer prize-winning photographer Joe Rosenthal.

Gary Sinise named an Honorary Marine - Stripes Central - Stripes

Forum List

Back